It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 4, breaks into Texas store, plays with toys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Boy, 4, breaks into Texas store, plays with toys

www.msnbc.msn.com

BEAUMONT, Texas - Police called to a variety store by a burglar alarm overnight found a toddler inside, playing with the toys.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You have to admit if you were the cop responding to the scene of this "crime" you would be hard pressed not to want to laugh. At the same time what is a 4 year old child doing out of the house at 3 a.m.?
Child Protective Services claimed oversight of a 4-year-old boy during a review of the incident.
The boy is now with relatives, but not the parents.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What I want to know is...

why wasn't the toddler tazed?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Citizen smith you get there before me...

I was gonna say suprised they didn't tazer him...

Oh well stars all around.

P.s -how on earth does a 4 year old break into a store?

Is it that easy? Also didn't the parents notice their kid was missing?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
One door was unlocked at the store. I do find it redicilous that the kid gets seperated from his parents for this one mishap. Only if it is only for the review. I mean, what child hasn't run away at some point in his/her life? Yeah it is a risk but it just happens. Damn, one strike and you're out.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
LMAO kid after my own heart. I'd love to have a Toys R Us all to myself!

First thing that occurred to me was "where the heck were the parents at that hour of the morning and HOW could the kid get to the store...."

Then I laughed as a remembered waking up one night to humming and banging around in the kitchen and found my three and a half year old daughter on TOP of the fridge (no chair used she just climbed her way up using the cupboard doors and the drawer).... and I was right there in the house with her...she was munching and humming and eating the cookies I hid.

Kids do the most damned things, luckily he was safe

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
DWONT THAZE ME BWO!

lol...thats great...I ran away once when I was about that little...got down the block and around the corner before my brother came and got me...mom didn't actually think I would do it and wanted to teach me a lesson by telling me to go. When she was looking out our back window she realized that I would go...and she sent my brother out

Never broke in to a store though

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Now I've heard everything!! I personally have a child that is a wanderer. From the time he was able to get out of his crib and then later his bed he'd be up all hours of the night. Mind you, knowing he was a night owl we made sure all locks on the doors were child proof. But we have found him in various areas of the house doing naughty things!

I can't help but wonder what possessed the child to actually leave the house in the dark and make his way to a store! I think if our son had actually gotten out of the house he'd be too terrified to walk around outside at night.

That they found a parent looking for him should be a positive mark on their behalf. If my kids ever escaped at 3am I highly doubt that I'd notice...I'd be fast asleep!

Hopefully they do their review quickly and give the child back to the parents asap.

Michelle

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican

You have to admit if you were the cop responding to the scene of this "crime" you would be hard pressed not to want to laugh. At the same time what is a 4 year old child doing out of the house at 3 a.m.?

I'm surprised with the way things are with the police of late that they didn't
Tazer him to the ground and cuff him then stand there with their boots on his chest calling for back up!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
OK Now I know we are all sick!
I replied without reading the others post.
What the heck is wrong with us TAZERING a child sick sick sick

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Don't you think maybe the parents broke in? Maybe they let the kid mess with the toys while they took # and then bolted when they saw lights or heard an alarm?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Somebody is going to lose their job for leaving the door unlocked, although they shouldn't. If that other door had been locked, the child could have been hurt wandering off to another place. In a way, the unlocked door kept the child safe from possible danger.

new topics

top topics

join