It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus was born in June', astronomers claim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
reply to post by AshleyD

" it would be thrilling to find out for absolute certain when Jesus was really born. "

Sept 29th is the correct day, but He didn't want His birthday celebrated, and I think most of us know that.

The 25th was the day The Word became flesh.

Complete hogwash. That's the Winter Solstice.

Emperor Constantine is who we worship when we cut down an evergreen.

Read something.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Article11

" That's the Winter Solstice.

Emperor Constantine is who we worship when we cut down an evergreen. "

So, in YOUR WORLD, there is only ONE answer when looking up something.

Was no one else born on the same day you were born?

Did the world come to a complete stop when the winter solstice occurred?

And I stopped cutting down trees long ago.

And YOU want ME to READ SOMETHING ?!?!?!

you're funny

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

you're funny

And I'm sure you'd be fun to argue with if you made a point.

Yes, (and I'll keep this dumb) when the Romans instituted Christianity as law they integrated all the pagan holidays like the Winter Solstice, and literally made stuff up to fit the new Government Religion called the Holy Roman Empire.

Truth hurt much?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It doesn't matter when Jesus was born or when he supposedly died.

We should cherish and celebrate and follow the WAY HE LIVED!

If we focus too much on brith dates then we end up with things like Christmas where the being a Christian means shopping at Christmas time.

We should remember his teachings in every aspect of our lives and not just celebrate birth days - to me, it is pointless and destructive. My proof is what we have today and what the so-called followers of Christianity have become.

In ancient times when Greeks were informed of someones death they didn't ask how they died but instead they asked HOW THEY LIVED!

Find the true teachings of Jesus and live it. Forget about birthdays...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

But if the conflicting stories written by two guys 60 years after Jesus died (one said he was from Bethlehem, one said his Mama went for census, one said it was during Herod, and one said Herod was dead for 30 years before first census) then, then, then, it does matter...

'Cause both versions are in the HOLY WORD OF GOD.

It's called the Bible. Look it up.

And it says it DOES matter.

One of you is wrong. Either Jinni or God, or everyone else in the Bible that said the dude was from Nazareth.

Liars abound! Don't they though?

How about this. We ridicule idiots that don't read History until they shut the hell up and quit trying to run our Government on their revisionist Bull#.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Article11

" when the Romans instituted Christianity as law they integrated all the pagan holidays like the Winter Solstice, and literally made stuff up to fit the new Government Religion called the Holy Roman Empire. "

So what?

Are you trying to say the romans, are THE, authority here?

The Romans had nothing to do with the birth of Christ!

Since you only seem to know new age secular garbage, FWIW, the Jews are the only ones who celebrate the correct holidays but do not celebrate Christs birthday separate.

Well, you kept your promise of keeping it dumb. Too bad it can't help with anything else.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Are you trying to say the romans, are THE, authority here?

Look it up. Council of Nicaea. They wrote, decided, edited, revised and CREATED the New Testament you love so much about 300 years after King Arthur (no wait, he was real), a man no Historian ever mentioned called Jesus Christ was executed.... to FIT THE AGENDA OF THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE.

en.wikipedia.org...

God, save me from your followers.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Article11]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Article11

But if the conflicting stories written by two guys 60 years after Jesus died (one said he was from Bethlehem, one said his Mama went for census, one said it was during Herod, and one said Herod was dead for 30 years before first census) then, then, then, it does matter...

'Cause both versions are in the HOLY WORD OF GOD.

It's called the Bible. Look it up.

And it says it DOES matter.

One of you is wrong. Either Jinni or God, or everyone else in the Bible that said the dude was from Nazareth.

Liars abound! Don't they though?

How about this. We ridicule idiots that don't read History until they shut the hell up and quit trying to run our Government on their revisionist Bull#.

Your TOTALLY missing my point but never mind.

The bible is not the word of God. It has gone though so many alterations and abuse over the centuries there are BOUND to be contradictions, mistakes etc.

Furthermore, if it is humans post-jesus reporting events then how they hell is it the HOLY WORD OF GOD? Probably some word of a holy man, who makes mistakes...

This is the BIGGEST problem with Christianity - the sources that we rely on i.e. Bible are flawed because of centuries of political modding.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Your TOTALLY missing my point but never mind.

No, I think I got it.

We should cherish and celebrate and follow the WAY HE LIVED!

I'd rather not spend my life begging and lying only to be nailed to a Cross and executed for my crimes.

But you go 'head.

I'd rather follow people that made something of themselves.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I thought it was a well known fact that it was a pagan holiday that has been hijacked (like most of Chistianitys festivities) which is a left over from when the christians forced the pagans into their "new belief" Which is why easter is where it is,christmas is where it is and I do believe,Halloween and Valentines day ties into pagan rituals. (not that those 2 are particulaly christian times,just thought I'd use them as examples)

But then,why woprship false idols

*legs it*

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
come now ladies,tis the season to be jolly

or something like that. This place is plenty big enough for the both of you.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

Astronomers have calculated that Christmas should be in June, by charting the appearance of the 'Christmas star' which the Bible says led the three Wise Men to Jesus.

They found that a bright star which appeared over Bethlehem 2,000 years ago pinpointed the date of Christ's birth as June 17 rather than December 25.
(visit the link for the full news article)

How did they come up with the number of wise men being three? I don't see that in the Bible.

Interesting if indeed they found the actual Star of Bethlehem, but have heard such 'shocking revelations' before. As I understood it, the current Christmas date was settled upon by townspeople so that there wouldn't be different dates for all the diffferent holidays. I'll have to look that up again. Nevertheless, I don't think there's an issue with celebrating the birth of Christ regardless of date...I know my parents waited until the weekend to celebrate mine a number of times.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
What is with all the jesus threads all of a sudden?

Why are we all taking an intrest in jesus seemingly out of nowhere?

I don't know, Christ-mas maybe?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join