It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gun company Constitution Arms says its guns for elderly will be subsidised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"A three-digit combination lock is set opposite to the loading button to help prevent accidental discharge."

I don't think most elderly people could remember their combinations in a state of emergency. For most healthy people, taking the time to turn a combination lock would probably be the difference between life and death.

What is the "medical device" classification? Is this a cheap, affordable, subsidized form of euthanasia for old people? That's probably going to be the first newspaper story you hear about this.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with this. This is america, we like guns, guns are good. Also a lot of elderly people get picked on by scumbags A LOT.

This is kinda unrelated but I dont wanna see any of yall preaching that us americans shoudnt have guns. Sorry, but its in constitution. Its our RIGHT to arm and protect ourselves. I'm a responsible gun owner, I live in a bad area and NEED to protect my child and wife, and there are many others like me. These thugs and gang members here have guns and so do I, to protect myself my wife and my daughter against them. I dont trust cops to protect me, so I do it myself

You people who dont live in the states have NO SAY in our gun laws. Your opinions dont matter, sorry to say.

I see NO PROBLEM with this, tbh.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is an utterly ridiculous AND TOTALLY MISLEADING TITLE for this post originating in 12/8/2008 and I'm surprised that no one who responded to this nonsense actually read the friggin' article EVIDENTLY!!!

Let's see...the title given by the "sharp" "detail oriented" op is.....

US gun company Constitution Arms says its guns for elderly will be subsidised

But the title given in the article's link states....

New gun for seniors ***could*** be subsidized by Medicare

rawstory.com...

*my emphasis

And my goodness!!!!! look at what the last two sentences of the referenced article have to say...

The FDA said it had not yet approved the gun.

"At this time, there have been no formal designations of the Palm Pistol by the FDA as a medical device," a spokeswoman said.
rawstory.com...

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Wow. Does it feel good knowing that dollars for health care are going towards arming elderly and disabled people?

Wow! does it feel good knowing that you DELIBERATELY misrepresented the information presented in the article just so you could promote your personal crusade of bullscat against a issue that DOES NOT EVEN RELATE TO AUSTRALIA???

Just because you all "down under" did not have "the stones" to protect your rights to self defense with the use of a firearm without submitting yourselves to an excess of "hoop jumping" and "governmental bootlicking", please don't attempt to foist your flaccid-dink policies on my country.

If that is the way in which you wish to roll in your "neck of the woods" fine.

We have a saying over here... DON'T PISS DOWN MY BACK AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

I really don't see anyone from the United States within the confines of ATS attempting to push their personal agendas on Australia. Do you think perhaps it is within your power to reciprocate?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
reply to post by welivefortheson

Brilliant post, if brilliance were characteristically marked by poor grammar, pompous attitude, and a general inability to effectively argue your own illogical points. ......

wow!!! Great post, man! I completely agree.

peace.

Edit: just realized this is a old thread lmao. Still though, good post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join