It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Imagine" by John Lennon, talking about communism? It doesn't have to be imo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think this song can be open to many more interpretations instead of just an advertisement for communism like so many on youtube in the comments section seem to "know."

No religion, no countries, no war, no possessions all can be accomplished through liberty and freedom, as a choice by all on an individual level. And really every single one of those words is terribly loaded and can mean a lot to different people.

"No heaven" does not = no god. It can mean to live for the day, the moment, the now. No religion does not have to mean no faith, hope, and love. He didn't say "Imagine no spirituality" or "Imagine no love" lol.

In my opinion communism cannot come close to accomplishing the things in this song. It doesn't empower people to change anything as much as freedom and liberty can.

So if Lennon was into communism, he was mostly wrong in the means, not the end.

To me the song is about opening your mind and having an ideal more than anything, and the beauty of doing both.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
thoughts of communism never even entered my head when i think of or hear this song..i seriously doubt lennon was a commie or had commie ideations.

new topics

join