It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hating on the Police...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Too true. A badge does not make a person good. Around here... we have one Sheriff. He doesn't really work he just kind of sits in his car when he's not at the store or only restaurant that's not a bar. So the only officer I know is really nice. But others? Others will pull a person over for being black. Others will grope a woman during a "search" or worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Cops have turned into the biggest legal crooks in the entire justice system and it all began in the early/mid 90's when it was made legal to confiscate anything and everything that a major drug dealer owned when he was arrested.
That policy has now shifted from major drug dealer to two bit pill sellers and even users.
It was supposed to be written to allow the local, arresting police force to confiscate items that were allegedly bought with drug money, boats, planes, autos, etc..
However, like every other law thats written, its been taken to the extremes, they dont even bother to try and prove what was bought with what money, even if the person has a regular job.
The law has morphed from taking things from major drug dealers to confiscating items from even casual drug users, persons caught with even pills on them have had their stuff taken away and thrown in jail for years sometimes.

I read a news story a couple of months or a year ago, i dont remember exactly but some guy sold a couple of methadone pills to an agent, when they arrested him he was scratching a lottery ticket that turned out to be a winner, the confiscated his ticket and claimed the prize

This law has allowed police depts, especially smaller, poorly funded ones, to subsidize their budget with confiscated items from drug busts.
This kind of activity breeds corruption and lies, just take a look at the kopbusters thread on here for a prime example of this.
Rmember, they arent going to take our rights away all at once, theyll do it slowly, over time, so it isnt as noticeable..
Kind of like the frog in hot water analogy.. Throw a frog in boiling water and he jumps right back out, heat it up slowly though and he wont even notice, until its too late.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

I don't know what it is, but the cops I've dealt with in a professional capacity in the US have all, without exception, been complete *snip*s. They seem to have a massive superiority complex - sticking their badge in your face, wearing sunglasses, being distant, barking orders. Maybe they think of themselves as modern-day cowboys or something, but one thing they clearly don't know is that they are public servants, and not the boss of the people.

Of course there are nice US cops, but I've not met one who's on duty. I know US cops who are perfectly nice people when not on duty.

My wife was in a relationship with a cop in LA. She met her before she'd become a cop, and lived with her during training and after graduating to the streets. Apparently the change was phenomenal - this once meek, nice individual became a power-crazed freak.

Compare that to the cops in, say, Germany, who are very authoritarian, but are not *snip*s with it - they play fair. They know they work for the people, not the other way round. Then even further down the spectrum are the cops in the UK. Unarmed, polite, courteous, willing to give directions and answer questions. Of course UK police are regulated very heavily, and will be punished for any bad behaviour. It seems a common idea that in the US the police are above the law.

I'm just ranting at this point. All I know is I'd rather be arrested by police from Germany or the UK than US cops. By a lot.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jared

Kudos to you

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In my experience, the police are both the state moneymakers, and it's guard dogs.

Why is it that some people are exempt from police interaction?
And if they go against this principle, said persons will allways wiggle free of the hook due to technicalitys or true immunity.

Why is it that people only got a case against the police for brutality if it is taped by a TV-station and aired nationwide?

or why is it that, if a rich kid gets abducted, half the police force is out looking for him, and if Joe Doe dissappears, you'd be lucky to get him on the back of a milk carton?

The Police is a weapon to subdue the not-haves, nothing more, nothing less. People who are thinking of entering the force with ideals should really think hard.. you'll be like a magnolia on a manure pile..

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethann
reply to post by SuperTruper

This is a typical bS response of people who defend the police on a subject like this.If you had a lot of ecounters with the police you must have been doing something wrong.I got this response myself on a forum when I talked about my experiences with the police.This is not objective at all.hell in one of my encounters with the police I was being evicted from some where I did not even live and even detained as they questioned me.It is a long story but the thing is it was the people I dropped off at that location that lived there.I never lived there and was called a liar for saying so.I have never met a cop that was not a liar.If you want to believe it is just a few bad apples fine,but the rest of us don't need your pro police propaganda.We are just calling it the way we see it.I did not form my opinion based on a couple of encounters nor am I a criminal.I get along with just about everybody and the only time I ever was called a liar was by a policeman that acted like a know it all.The rest of the general population has not been so disrespectful to me.(except on the internet)Not even close.I have a reputation for being honest.

You know what is not objective at all?

Judging an entire group by the actions of a few. Pro-police propaganda? Sorry you had a bad experience, but for the love of god, get over it and see the ill-logic of calling all cops "bad" or corrupt or whatever you're getting at.

The idea that all cops are horrible people is absurd, and statistically impossible.

Point of advice, try not to hate for hate's sake.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
ya know its all right for some people to bitch about the criminals,yet some of us have been abused and harrassed by the police a hell of a lot more than the criminals.believe it or not not even some criminals have lines the will not cross.no one ever said every single cop is bad.That is just more propaganda .the fact is some of you people are sensitive to victims as long as they are not a victim of the police.That point was already proven by the person who suggested that if someone has a lot of experiences with the police that they must be a criminal.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
[

So shut your pie hole. Until more cops step up and do what's RIGHT instead of what keeps them in their job, then this verbal abuse will only get worse. Hell, there may even come a day you wish it was only verbal insults instead of blood and bullets.

yeah, become a cop if you love authority so much. just remember, when you join their side, you leave ours. It is us against them, they are brainwashed half human mercs who follow orders and seemingly make up laws as they go along. yeah pray it just stays verbal

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

you sound like a cop, go on cops.com and rant and rave how much you love these legal gangsters. bottom line is a few bad apples a long time ago has created an unstoppable virus which we can see everyday riding around and harrassing us at every turn. I can police myself just fine without these egotistical cockroaches

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I posted a thread earlier today because two police caused a scene in a restaurant in full uniform, arrogantly stating 'police don't need to pay' and walking out after having a three course meal and drinking a beer at TGI Friday's in the UK. One man handled one of the staff who tried to prevent them leaving and asked them to pay the bill - all this in front of over 100 witnesses who were outraged.

They didn't bat an eyelid. It says something about the state of the police when two officers can do soemthing like this with little worry that anyone will take any action against them at all.

I have filled in a complaint and a I'm sure I'm not the only one - but I will bet a fortune that nothing will happen.

ALSO

my friend was recently victimised by a police officer after he objected to the officer's conduct and reported a random stop and search of his vehicle (without any due cause - which incidentally the police don't even need now in the UK).

ALSO

My car was stolen from outside my home a month ago. We heard the noise so I got up moments after the theft and called the police. It was 2am an in our smallish town it would have been pretty easy I would imagine to spot my car driving around the empty streets.

Despite calling as the crime was in progress, I am still waiting for an officer to call round. I was given a 'crime number' over the phone and told someone would look into it and that I should claim on my insurance.

This was echoed earlier in the year when my mothers HOME was burgled - while she was in it!!! She called after having spent 20 mins cowering in terror in her bedroom until she heard the crooks leave. The police didn't even come out to see her - period - never mind at the time of the crime.

She put in an official IPCC complaint - they found the police had acted in accordance with procedure and rejected an appeal saying there were not sufficient grounds.

So please.. tell me there is nothing rotten in the UK police force.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm sure there a lot of great cops out there. I happen to have an uncle who used to be cop but advanced to an FBI agent. I could say, he's a nice guy because he cares for his kids and isn't a jerk. Even though a lot of cops, lets say people in general, are nice...you'll never know what pushes them lose their minds. By losing their minds, they automatically become jerks, pigs, and whatnot, but only to the eyes of those who don't know them.

Perhaps, by knowing some of these police, you can't believe they'd do such dirty things. You'll never know.

It sucks that they have a bad reputation, but the bad apples do spoil the entire bunch. For example, the cops here seem to give bad attitude to everyone that they don't know. I assume because they have the authority to abuse, they do it. I notice cops who are just nice, they have respect for those they don't know. I appreciate those cops and could see why you posted this thread.

it's a very tangled knot here and we can be the best of ourselves to everyone. We just need to treat each other better...although I know it seems impossible since there will always be those who are against peace and love for all things. It's a complicated world. ..it seems the cycle will never break.

All i know is, we should all get along. As easy as it sounds, it's plain easy if we just do it.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Who helps you out when you need it? The Police

Who gets the bad guy who hurt you? The Police

Who makes sure that you can sleep at night in your own bed without having to worry about random people killing you? (well most of the time) The Police

Who gets criticized constantly but just sucks it up and helps the people who criticize them? The Police.

But they just do their job. They are humans which apparently most of the people here forget in their ignorance. But the police take all of this # and keep doing their jobs.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

I love the way you answer all your own ?'s, the mark of a true tool shed.
here's my version......you know the one that makes a lick of sense.

Who helps you out when you need it?

Not the police, I've NEVER had to call them in my life. I see the need for em, but come on, how much do you need?

Who gets the bad guy who hurt you?

who are these bad guys? no one has ever "hurt" me. Unless you mean taking my money for safely crossing a street or safely driving down the road.....are those the bad guys yer talking about? The police? And if i was hurt? don't you think I'd thank forensics teams, and investigators? how about detectives, and witnesses? WTF do the police do? answer me NOW!

Who makes sure that you can sleep at night in your own bed without having to worry about random people killing you?

Come on Osama.... are you Efffin kiddin me? I sleep at night because I can, has nothing to do with feeling safe. if i was paranoid i would probably not sleep very well. Whats yer point? the police dont do anything. you really think "random people" are out to kill you? and if they are you really think the police have any chance of stopping them? yeah, if they happen to see it in progress. what else can they do? yer losiin it bro...

a little help here...mods? someone? anyone? the police?

Who gets criticized constantly but just sucks it up and helps the people who criticize them? The Police.

the police have NEVER helped me. and why shouldn't i critize the left brained, uncreative, conformist, violence loving, POS, sector of society? there isn't much use for them other than social control and the protection of property.....they are system sustaining force. not saying they don't have their use for other common problems, but i AM SAYING that they are way overused. I mean come on...I've been crossing streets since i was 4, you really think i should get charged 40 bucks for safely crossing by anyone other than my mom?

this whole thread is lame....

everyone knows the police are a joke..99% of the people who ever need them are busted F-up's and criminals themselves.....

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Not every police man / woman is an idiot! Its just a select few who think they are above the law because they are the law!

They have as much right to arrest someone and do what ever they want as much as the public they are protecting!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well maybe I'm just lucky.

Although I had several cars stolen over the years they were mostly covered by insurance - except one time when I let it lapse and I got my vehicle back with damage I had to pay for.

Bottom line though, criminals have never seriously hurt me, nor ever stole much that wasn't covered by my insurance.

Police though can really destroy a good day, often much worse than so called "criminals". When "Cops" take your money, you're supposed to feel better about it because it's "right".

Just the parking police have taken thousands of dollars from me, because I sometimes work in a city that has meters that only last two hours and no matter how hard you try sometimes you can't walk away from your work and pay the meter. It's a racket and they're in cahoots with the tow companies that will tow you for parking 6 inches to far over the line. Then they ransack and steal things out of your car while in impound or play games with you when trying to get it out to try to keep it an extra day to steal more of you money.

Tickets, well I've probably had less than twenty in my nearly 30 years of driving most of which were while I was a teenager, but I still fear getting pulled over because these days all tickets are pretty much $200 on up if they're going to write one and it affects your insurance, work & family if you have to go to court and get treated like a criminal. If you don't pay or show up to court as I made the mistake of once they suspend your license, ticket arrest and tow on the spot for an easy couple thousand.

Nope they can't be bothered for property crimes - cause there's no money in it, but revenue collection is what its all about thus everything is criminalized so they can legally take your money. Yep, they just drive around looking for that missing seat belt, so they can legally detain you and start the bonus jackpot flowing.

Even the good cops are bad cops because the entire system is corrupt from the judges on down. I don't know anyone who's ever had a good experience in the courtroom - except for the people working there - who sit around and collect money from people with a gun to their heads while pretending to be better or above than those they serve.

Yeah, we need to have cops and we need the system, but the system is evil and everyone involved becomes a part of that evil eventually.

Cops - I avoid cops - just like I avoid going into gang infested areas, because they're always looking for trouble and I don't want any.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by non-living
Even though a lot of cops, lets say people in general, are nice...you'll never know what pushes them lose their minds. By losing their minds, they automatically become jerks, pigs, and whatnot, but only to the eyes of those who don't know them.

Its not just cops...

Look at some of the comments on this thread...someone defends the police and a bunch of people come on attacking the OP

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join