It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools handing out DNA kits

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. My daughter came home from school today and told me the teachers were handing out kits for the FBI that wanted a picture, fingerprints and a cheek swab for identification purposes. When I heard this I got a creepy NWO kind of vibe. We live in Cheyenne WY. Is this happening anywhere else?

Spiritowl

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well I am in Casper and my neighbor's kid did not have one of these given to them.......yet.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Did you call your child's school immiediately and ask what was going on?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Im a parent, so this interests me

I found this (though rather old):

wvutoday.wvu.edu...
Child identification kits to be handed out at WVU-Rutgers game SaturdayChild identification kits to be handed out at WVU-Rutgers game Saturday Mountaineer fans attending Saturday's (Oct. 11) WVU-Rutgers football game at Mountaineer Field will have an opportunity to protect their children by picking up a free child identification kit as part of the American Football Coaches Association’s National Child Identification Program.

Students enrolled in West Virginia University's Forensic and Investigative Science Program and representatives of the FBI’s Automated Fingerprint Identification Center in Clarksburg will be manning table width=100%s and handing out the free kits outside the stadium gates beginning at halftime and continuing through the end of the game.

The NCIDP kit provides parents and guardians with a clean, convenient way to record their children’s fingerprints and physical characteristics on a card they can keep at home. Each kit contains an inkless fingerprinting foil pouch; a clear, nontoxic fingerprint solution; and an identification card with step-by-step instructions detailing how to take a fingerprint, an area to practice fingerprinting, a standard fingerprint area that can be used by law enforcement, sections for recording children’s physical descriptions and identifying marks, space for current photographs and sections for recording a doctor’s phone numbers.

Sort of the same premise I believe.

These kits are normally handed over to parents. Did she bring it home?
Can you provide some more information - like what grade and were notices handed out, etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I should point out tho that the AMBER program had something similar when it began, it provides a very easy and very quick way to help identify kids when they are found.

Sadly, the obvious use for the DNA sample and print is to help identify those found that are no longer with us.

I dont think it has anything to do with all this NWO scare fare going on. Your right next to an Army missile base, if there was any NWO fixing to take place or planned, you would be one of the first to certianly notice the increase of military action/activity right away.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And found this. Sounds like maybe its a national program:

www.childidprogram.com...
The National Child Identification Program is a community service initiative dedicated to changing these statistics by providing parents and guardians with a tool they can use to help protect their children

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
I should point out tho that the AMBER program had something similar when it began, it provides a very easy and very quick way to help identify kids when they are found.

Sadly, the obvious use for the DNA sample and print is to help identify those found that are no longer with us.

I dont think it has anything to do with all this NWO scare fare going on. Your right next to an Army missile base, if there was any NWO fixing to take place or planned, you would be one of the first to certianly notice the increase of military action/activity right away.

Cheers!!!!

I would agree with you. I think this is soley for those "what if" cases if your child goes missing and is found dead

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My kid is in middle school. Her teacher told her the kits were there if they wanted them. The teacher felt it was a violation of the childrens rights so he didn't force them on the kids. I told my daughter to bring me home all the information and a kit Monday. From what my daughter tells me it is the identification kit you spoke of. I find it a bit creepy though.

Spiritowl

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritowl
My kid is in middle school. Her teacher told her the kits were there if they wanted them. The teacher felt it was a violation of the childrens rights so he didn't force them on the kids. I told my daughter to bring me home all the information and a kit Monday. From what my daughter tells me it is the identification kit you spoke of. I find it a bit creepy though.

Spiritowl

Ah! Well at least the teacher didnt force it on them. Then I would be highly concerned!

As a parent, I would use a kit like that and keep it in a safe place (safe, lock box). Hard to think about it, but you just never know

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
About 4 months ago there was an abduction in Glennrock, about 25 miles south of Casper, and 179 miles give or take a few, north from Cheyenne, of an 8 yr old girl. The parents had participated in the AMBER identification program, thus the child's picture was on file with the local, county, state and federal levels.

The child was found 3 hours later and was identified by an off-duty officer who happend to be going home from work shortly after hearing of the AMBER alert. Before he left the police station, he called up that picture and got a good look at it. Had it not been on file, the child would certianly had not been found so quickly and safe.

What I highly admire about the AMBER alert system is that anyone can participate in the AMBER Alert notification through your cell phones, emails, telephone, and i-gadgets and get instant alerts and even pictures of the missing child being reported. The program has had excellent success in recovering missing kids!

And the statistics clearly show that since the inception of the AMBER Alert system, the numbers of found missing children who have died have dropped dramatically.

Its easy for someone to throw in a scare of "well this is just government's way to monitor you and keep track of your every move..a NWO thing". But frankly, that is just scare tactic. Kids are far safer with this kind of identification program than not having it at all. And why take the risk all because of some internet chat room scare fare?!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I remember doing something like this when I was about in sixth grade ( I'm in 11th now )

They had us all line up and took our pictures, our weight, our height, cheek swabs, and fingerprints. It was something like I-denta-kid, but they did make us do it. I still have the card.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Cheers!!!!

just slowly turn up the heat on the frog.

This is n't happening just in the US but also in the UK, only it is under a different guise.

My mother in law was asked to take part in a medical survey which only wanted a cheek swab as well as medical records, family history of medical conditions and the name of children you have.
they then contacted my 2 sister in laws, only 1 continued helping with the research and the other was almost pressured to tears to help, fortunately she still declined to be part of the data gathering.

this is all part of putting us all into the big data base to see who is worth keeping and who is just genetic junk.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

this is all part of putting us all into the big data base to see who is worth keeping and who is just genetic junk.

Uh, maybe you dont understand. These kits are for the PARENTS to keep, not the FBI. It is for the parents to have in case their child goes missing, a dead child is found and the CSI team can match what you have kept to the body.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Uh, maybe you dont understand. These kits are for the PARENTS to keep, not the FBI. It is for the parents to have in case their child goes missing, a dead child is found and the CSI team can match what you have kept to the body.

it gets you desensitised to it, first its just a parents kit and then it will be a school kit incase the parents lose it, next it will be kept in local goverment chambers in case the school burns down.

its all just little steps getting people used to the idea of something before they turn up the heat a little.

what happens if a school bus goes missing and they find 1 body?
how many parents will give in their DNA kit to find out if it's their child?

[edit on 5-12-2008 by munkey66]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Getting used to what? Turning up the heat when?

These kind of identification things have been around since I was a child - back in the 70s. I havent felt burnt at all.

But tell it to parents who have kids missing....the cops will always ask for some DNA sample (a hairbrush with hair, toothbrush etc).....just in case. Its science. And its needed to identify many victims.

Without these identifications (fingerprints, dental records, dna) many MANY people would never be identified.

I see no harm in this....Until someone can show me proof it is being for ill purposes.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
These kits are to be mailed off when completed. There is also a release form the parents must sign and return to the school. I'm sorry I can't provide any more info until Monday when my daughter brings home the kit.

Spiritowl

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Getting used to what? Turning up the heat when?

These kind of identification things have been around since I was a child - back in the 70s. I havent felt burnt at all.

But tell it to parents who have kids missing....the cops will always ask for some DNA sample (a hairbrush with hair) etc.....just in case. Its science. And its needed to identify many victims.

of course the identification things have been around back in the 70's
you now don't care if they have your DNA or the DNA of your children for safety reasons.
Next they will ask if they can put a chip in your child for safety reasons and of course you will say yes because you have been brought up believing that this is all good for us.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritowl
These kits are to be mailed off when completed. There is also a release form the parents must sign and return to the school. I'm sorry I can't provide any more info until Monday when my daughter brings home the kit.

Spiritowl

Well please update us when you get it!
From what I understood these kits were for parents to keep - not return. Id be interested in what the letter and release says

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You have no idea what I would say...so, please drop the "you of course would say....".

Thanks

Im not naive, especially after spending over a year here. But im also not paranoid.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I see no harm in this....Until someone can show me proof it is being for ill purposes.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

The Georgia Guidestones

eugenicsanddepopulation.blogspot.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join