It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas candle thread, (Remembering lost loved ones)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Christmas time is one filled with memories of past, having family around and kinda remembering your loved ones, We give and recieve and have fun,

but for many of us it can bring an air of sadness, Remembering those who are now not with us to share the joy of xmas,

So i have made this Christmas candle thread for all who would like to remember a lost loved one, Be it human or pet,

So i light my candle for my lost loved ones,

Uncle billy and cousin billy, uncle jackie, and uncle Alexander,
My friend Chris! (have a beer for me up there)

To my little Buddy JAck, who lost his fight against cancer, never getting the chance to turn in to a teenager, Miss ya little guy

and my all my pets who have passed,

[edit on 5-12-2008 by asala]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by asala]

[edit on 19-12-2008 by asala]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For my Mom & Dad who I miss dearly. Every Christmas I know you're there Mom & Dad. I love you both and can't wait to kiss and hug you both after my journey.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For my grandfather who will be missing his first Christmas with us.

We'll be thinking about you, and I'll have an extra glass of eggnog for you.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I will light one for my mother, she passed away what will be 12 years in January. I thank her for every special Christmas memory and tradition that we have.

My grandmother and grandfather, Aunt Catherine and Uncle Fout. All such a big part of those special memories.

Also, a wonderful elderly gentleman, Bob...grandpa as my kids called him who lived behind us in our previous house. We always kept in touch, as we only moved a couple of miles away. He loved talking with us for hours outside, visits with our kids and gave them permission to play in his huge yard anytime and even let us build their jungle gym on his property as our yard was too small, the laughter and running they brought to what was a lonely house filled his eyes with tears sometimes. His beautiful lilac bush in his backyard that he gave me free reign to cut from, even after we moved. We called him and invited him to spend Christmas with us last year, but he was going out of town. We hadn't spoke to him in a few months and found out the he had passed away over the summer. We never got to say goodbye. Yeah, I'm lighting one for him.

Rush

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is a beauty Asala..Thanks for creating this...

I light my candle for two of my close friends who died in Afghanistan that I served with, Not a day goes by that I dont think about them and If I could trade my life for theirs I would have. I also light a candle for the troops who have given the ultimate sacrifice...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Aw thanks for this thread. Very sweet. Last Christmas was my paternal grandmother's last Christmas. She died early in January, just weeks before her 60th wedding anniversary to my grandfather. I can't stop thinking about her since she was the first death in my family and this is the first Christmas without her. However, I know she is with the Lord now so that gives me immense comfort. Thanks for the thread, Asala.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is for Smiley

Merry christmas baby...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thanks asala.

For my Grandad who was always an inspiration to me.

Grandfather, Ace WW2 Pilot and Captain of "The Queens Flight", Farmer, Bee-keeper, Fisherman, and an absolutely top noch chap. A mind like no other. Taught me how to chop wood, fly-fish and how to fix just about anything mechanical. I 'm proud to use the tools he left to me.

My only true hero.

Now piloting his way to the stars......bon voyage.
I miss you but you're always with me.

Peace and best wishes to all here.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
TY Asala

For my mom, who has been gone for far too long... and my baby that i lost who would be turning 3..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
For Carol,
I know you left when your purpose was fulfilled,
But I miss you very much here.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

For my grandfathers, who I miss every day.

For my uncle, one of my best friends, my confidant, and my sounding board.

For my best friend, who left us too soon.

For my fiance, who lost the fight with cancer and lost himself before that.

You are missed, you are remembered, and you are loved.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What a lovely thought.

To my friend George who passed away due to a allergic reaction.

To My beloved Fiance Lynne who passed away 3 years ago. One thing that my friends do is at each new years eve party at midnight we not only toast the new year but then we toast those friends who have passed away out of our lives. This year will be the first time in 3 years that I'll have a chance to be there in person with my friends to say goodbye to my beloved.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I light a Candle for my Grandfather who passed away a year and a half ago.... The hardest working man I've ever known, with the strongets hands. I have a picture of me and grandpa when I was about 4, we were holding up our hands next to each others. Both covered in Dirt, I was "helping". We remember you always. Grandpa, I miss you and I know you're watching... This Christmas, we'll have a shot of Vodka for you.

I light a Candle for my bestfriends Papa, who was like my second Grandfather to me. They always welcomed me into their home and treated me as part of the family. I haven't missed Family Dinner at Robyn's house in 6 years...Papa, we're going to miss you this year at the table and as per tradition, at the Church Service on Christmas Eve.

I light a Candle for Grandpa Henry...we haven't lost him, but he has lost us. He married Grandma Irene about 20 years ago, she'd been married and divorced twice, she had it pretty rough. Even though you can't remember me Grandpa, I remember you. And I'm glad you were able to make Grandma Irene Happy for the past 20 years... You'll always be Grandpa to me.

Ahh.. Now that I got tears in my eyes...

Thank you Asala.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I light a candle for my grandparents, aunts, uncles and finally the recent deaths of my parents.

I am truly an orphan as I am now the oldest living member of my family. It is a very sobering thought.

I also light a candle for my high school and college classmates who have now past on to the other side.

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

For my Mom, Marie Who past away in 1993.
I have always struggled through this time of year without you, as you brought more holiday spirit into the house than I ever could. I know you can see how much the kids have grown, and that none of them, not even me, broke the gravy boat yet. It's sitting in the cupboard waiting for Christmas day.
No, I still haven't managed to make the fruitcake, nor will I ever figure out the patience you had making plum pudding from scratch either.Maybe..someday.
I know there are many things you want me to accomplish yet in life, and I know you see that Iam working on that too.I'm sorry about the house, and I'm sorry I didn't listen to you 20 years ago when you warned me.But as you can see, I learned from my mistakes, and I'm teaching the kids to be better than I, and not do the same.
If you are feeling the need to watch over me, I'll be OK. Just watch over the kids for me. Especially the one I gave your favorite name to. You know how much trouble he can get into.
I miss those little signs that let me know you are around, and I'm sorry you felt the need to stop that. Please, start again.
I'll be seeing you again in the spring, with violets.
Love you Mom..
L

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Very beautiful thread....

I am very fortunate not to have lost anyone close to me yet, i dont have a big family, but the ones i have got are so precious to me that the thought of losing them, is unbearable.

I would like to light a candle for everyone here who has lost someone though, and to their departed love ones....

xxx

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Blanch
The Paul Boys
Uncle Harikat
Uncle Devji
Grandpa Dargi
Tara Singh Hayer
Max
Uncle Gerard
Jennifer Bastian
Mondo, my love.
Blackie
Ms (LeMay/DiAngelo?)
Dr. Alexander White
Rebecca Canter
Rysard, Waldemere, Walter..
San Fran Siddartha
The man who pulled us from the closet.
and countless others faceless, nameless, or status unknown.

Love you.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What a beautiful thread.
What might I say which I've not already said?

Pop Pop. I miss you dearly.

Dad. I miss you so much.

Nana (My Dad's Mother) I can't find words to tell you how much I miss you. You taught me how to bake. You stopped your son from killing me when I did incredibly stupid things as a teen. You are probably the only one my Dad listened to without question. Nana, you believed in me when no one else did. I love you and miss you.

I light a candle for you all. Not in sadness but in JOY.

Joy? Yes. Joy! I had the luxury of knowing you all. I had the luxury of basking in your love. I know that you are ALL in a better place and are looking down on my son. I know that you are happy, in peace, and without pain. I know I will see you again, and will cherish it for eternity - plus a day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS loved ones lost. You may not be here physically, but I know. I believe. Yes, I BELIEVE.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
For my Family members who are no longer with us...

For those of my Family who are still with us...

For The Men and Women serving so many miles away from home...

For my ATS Family ...

For someone who is in need right now, may the pain go away soon and your life returned to you.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Now that's powerful.
WOW!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join