It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organ Transplants and Cellular Memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
http:// web.archive.org/web/20070403092859/ http:// www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/CellularMemories.html

According to this study of patients who have received transplanted organs, particularly hearts, it is not uncommon for memories, behaviours, preferences and habits associated with the donor to be transferred to the recipient.

Pretty interesting stuff. I thought you guys might like it.

EDIT: Remove the spaces from the link; I had to add spaces because the link wasn't working properly when posted in full.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Syntax123]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntax123

This is why I don't consider an eye transplant though it would make all the difference in the world if even feasable for my condition which is an undeveloped/damaged nerve, so they tell me. I did see that movie which only freaked me out more. And I hold a grievance to my second plasma based RH- rhogam shot, even though it's just a wee tiny bit of a life saving procedure. It also makes me wonder about plasma donations for war, rather the pool we draw from to gain those life saving measures, and I think we should move away from this to a pre-draw of soilders own plasma in advance of deployment--not that biological products can just 'be on hand' at war-or can they?

My theory here is along the lines of what you said about memories and habits. Well if our men and women injured in war, and our population in general with all the many products made for use by the medical community to heal illnesses, are recieving the fluids of the pool of people at the blood bank, well, you'd just have to check out the local blood/plasma bank to see that about half of those people do not appear to have the integrity you'd want to share in a real and up close kind of way. The other half are great, normal, normal people. You take their products on though...absolutely neccesary.
Could this be at all related to the rise of violent/fraudulent/subversive/racist over the last 30-50 years? Interesting but waaaaaaay out there question.

Is it in you?

Nice find, OP.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
reply to post by Syntax123

This is why I don't consider an eye transplant though it would make all the difference in the world if even feasable for my condition which is an undeveloped/damaged nerve, so they tell me. I did see that movie which only freaked me out more. And I hold a grievance to my second plasma based RH- rhogam shot, even though it's just a wee tiny bit of a life saving procedure. It also makes me wonder about plasma donations for war, rather the pool we draw from to gain those life saving measures, and I think we should move away from this to a pre-draw of soilders own plasma in advance of deployment--not that biological products can just 'be on hand' at war-or can they?

Nice find, OP.

I'm not sure if an eye transplant will have as much of an impact as a heart transplant, if any impact at all. The emphasis of the article was placed on hearts. You could try contacting the creators of the article and see if they ever heard of similar cases with eye transplants and other organs.

new topics

join