It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants and how some are dealing with it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I found this video on youtube www.youtube.com...
Its one guy showing how he is handling the problem of illegal immigration . Do you think he is right or wrong ?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
For the record I don't agree with the way he is handling the problem but it I am sad to say that I did find it funny .

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Despicable. Them guys could have been killed in traffic due to his stupidity and his ignorant sense of humor. His racist words are uncalled for. He should have just reported them. Sure, he might have gotten ignored but it would have been a lot safer than jeopardizing lives. After saying all of this, it was funny the way they took off running.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by jam321]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Illegal aliens is in itself contradictory for unless you're a Native American, everyone on this continent immigrated here at one point in time or the other.

Now that we're sitting on the roost, we can suddenly put up a legal barrier and state that ...you're Illegal because you're seeking opportunity and freedom as pretty much all of our ancestors did ?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
While this was somewhat wrong, at least he is dealing with a problem unlike many Americans who sympathize for these illegal criminals. One day when the crime, drugs, and other things illegals bring gets out of control, the country will finally wake up and see that we are doing ourselves no good by promoting criminal behavior. We have ways to come into this country, they just choose to subvert them.

One day, I hope, the border will be totally closed. We have enough problems of our own, without adding more criminals into the mix. With the way our economy is currently, I am sure there are MANY Americans that would work ANY job, jobs that illegals steal from our legal residents.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

One day when the crime, drugs, and other things illegals bring gets out of control, the country will finally wake up and see that we are doing ourselves no good by promoting criminal behavior.

If Americans would quit creating such a high demand for drugs we wouldn't have to worry about these types of problems. You should click on the link in my sig area and see if you agree with that kind of immigration policy.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I almost become an illegal immigrant myself too because things were desperate at home.

It sucks to be 'needy' and Americans generally got their needs met and have much better quality of life than vast majority of people around the world. If you live in one of the first world countries, you'll never understand what goes in the minds of these individuals because you never really got poor or stuck with zero hope or opportunity.

To me, this is not funny but a show of desperation and survival. Americans aren't the only homo sapiens or sentient beings on the planet.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
Illegal aliens is in itself contradictory for unless you're a Native American, everyone on this continent immigrated here at one point in time or the other.

I am a Natural Born Native American and no I am not American Indian, I did NOT emigrate from anyplace, I have never been to Germany in my life, the place my ancestors at some point came from.

So thanks for that completely idiotic response, it is a non-starter.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Originally posted by nh_ee

I am a Natural Born Native American and no I am not American Indian, I did NOT emigrate from anyplace, I have never been to Germany in my life, the place my ancestors at some point came from.

So thanks for that completely idiotic response, it is a non-starter.

That's kind of true. The original inhabitants of the Americans aren't exactly a native species to the area, having come over around the ice age, putting them as living there for about 12,000 years or so. When it comes to land, possession is the only thing of legal concern. Israel may have claimed the land that it inhabits because that was where the ancient Israelite used to live, but the only thing that keeps them living there instead of the Palestinians who they displaced is the fact that they came in and took over forcibly, and fought several wars to defend their claim.

Sure it isn't justified, but what is anyone going to do about it? You can't go around giving back territories to their original owners; many groups are nonexistent, through genetic drift or genocide, and nobody except possibly some Africans are actually truly native to the area they inhabit. It was wrong of European settlers and later Americans to come in, kill off the vast majority of the native people of the Americans (directly and through diseases, both accidentally and purposefully transferred), then steal their land and force the survivors onto poor quality land where they wouldn't have to deal with them, but what's there to do about it? Nobody involved is still alive.

The guy in the video is a bigoted idiot, though, and he isn't justified.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

You know what, your right! we should tear down all our walls on our borders and allow every mexican who wants to come here come here. And as a result of that I hope you will enjoy living in mexico, because thats what it will turn into.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Oh and my ancestors came here and created freedom, they created this great country, and yes they needed to put up walls in order to protect it. Oh and guess what, Native americans, arnt really native americans, For one, there was no such thing as america when they were here it was land, the americans came, named the land then named them selves, and for two, according to the bible, god didnt create native americans, so I guess they had to immagrate to the land too.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Max_TO
Do you think he is right or wrong ?

I generally try to not deal in fuzzy concepts like "right and wrong."

I would describe what he's doing as rude. He is also taking plesaure in the discomfort of others. Is that "wrong?" Well, it's not something that I would do, or that I would want my children to do, but I wouldn't refuse to speak to someone over something like this. It's a practical joke. He's basically doing the same thing as a person who puts a bucket of water on top of a semi-open door and laughs when it dumps on somebody. Do you want that sort of person as a friend? Maybe not. But you also don't shoot them on sight.

jam321
His racist words are uncalled for.

Would you people get over this "racism is special" idea that's so stuck in your heads? If he had done exactly the same thing to a random group of college students and called them "idiots" instead of "beaners" would you feel so strongly? I'm guessing probably not. What's so special about a "racist" slur? Why is disliking members of a racial group any more or less acceptable than disliking members of any kind of group other than race? Why is it better to dislike people who are members of a certain religious group? Why is it better to dislike people who are members of a particular economic or education backgrounds? It isn't. There's nothing special about racism. It doesn't deserve any special treatment. Stop being angry at people who are racists. It's no different than people who dislike Christians, or rich people, or any other group.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Last years figures claimed that there between 14 and 20 million undocumented citizens here in the United States, Our borders are a joke and most are coming here and having children and when that happens the children are now U S citizens, I think that is crap as well..If you want to come here and live you need to take the neccesary steps to become a citizen, One who pays taxes, Then nobody can say a damn thing about it but until then lets just lets everybody in the mother stroll over the border. Until some lazyass politician decides that our borders are our number one priority we will just keep allowing this to happen, I dont get it; we are fighting a war in Iraq that we should not even be there, we should be on the border, christ even the national guard cant perform its job that it was created for because its concentration is on overseas deployments..Its funny, Our national guard created to help out in the country and its all over in Iraq and A-Stan..Make me proud to be an american sometimes...Oh Obama you better get this place straight!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

allow every mexican who wants to come here come here

Yes, those evil evil Mexicans.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief Mexican does not = Illegal Alien. But that is what this is all about..those evil evil Mexicans.

I was an illegal Alien for 25 years. I got deported in 2004. At the time I thought it was the worst thing that could ever happen to me. Afterall, I'd grown up in America, went to school, went to college, worked and paid taxes - Lived the American Dream.

5 years on I realize it was the best thing that as ever happened to me.

I hate immigration threads on this site becasue it always brings out the racists and the people who think that America created freedom. The ones who advocate a big wall around your country to keep out the evil evil Mexicans.

"“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”"

That's the poem which epitomizes what America was.

The video by OP is what epitomizes what America has become.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The video is staged. He has a camera operator in the front seat, and another one videotaping the truck driving over the speed bumps. (The workers would run at seeing a camera if they were real illegals.) A lame attempt at comedy, but staged none the less.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
reply to post by nh_ee

Oh and my ancestors came here and created freedom, they created this great country, and yes they needed to put up walls in order to protect it. Oh and guess what, Native americans, arnt really native americans, For one, there was no such thing as america when they were here it was land, the americans came, named the land then named them selves, and for two, according to the bible, god didnt create native americans, so I guess they had to immagrate to the land too.

You'd probably take issue if a bunch of people came from overseas, killed 90% of Americans, and marched the surviviors off at gunpoint to live on small chunks of what they deem the least desirable land in the country. It was as much their land then (well, between a large number of distinct tribal cultures instead of one contiguous country, but the point being, it belonged to *somebody*) as much as it is our land now.

Also: As far as I know, the bible doesn't mention god creating the populace of any specific landmass, just Adam and eve, in the garden of Eden. Archeology would indicate that man comes from africa, so everyone outside africa (and most people within) are not native to where they are now. What matters under a practical standpoint is who owns the land now, and how prepared they are to keep it. But I don't think many people would consider that the sole condition for justified ownership.

I guess the point is; as someone born of a generation who has only known the land they live on, you're as much a native to the area as anyone who's ancestors have lived there longer; but you'd damn well learn the lesson taught by the people your ancestors killed or deposed to take the place; the only thing keeping you on your land is your governing bodies ability to convince other people not to kill or depose you.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by mdiinican]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Your dreaming to believe that illegal immigration is a result of America's drug addiction!

Note the word in the phrase "Illegal IMMIGRATION"...ok?

Now what does that mean?

Illegal Immigration 101.

Illegal Immigration is when you get people who are NOT American citizens, or people who have not gone through the naturalization process, cross the boarders of the United States ILLEGALLY and do not make any effort to go through the naturalization process to become a LEGAL CITIZEN of the United States.

Illegal immigration has absolutely nothing to do with drugs. Drugs come into this country by rail, by boat, by plane, by car, by shipping, and yes, only a fraction of it comes across by foot via the illegal immigrants running from the boarder patrol.

I suggest you study up on the precentages of where the drug traffic activites really are taking place.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Most of mexico is tired hungry and poor, so if we let them all in then kiss america goodbye, we would be a nasty third world country, much like mexico, all the mexican neighborhoods i see...look just like mexico, all their flags, goats in the street, crime gangs, its not being racist, thats what would happen. im sorry but facts are facts

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
[edit on 7-12-2008 by tac109]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

We are working on tearing down the walls and letting every Mexican come here. It is called the North American Union.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join