It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai photographer: I wish I'd had a gun, not a camera. Armed police would not fire back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I found this article interesting -

Link

It is the photograph that has dominated the world's front pages, casting an astonishing light on the fresh-faced killers who brought terror to the heart of India's most vibrant city. Now it can be revealed how the astonishing picture came to be taken by a newspaper photographer who hid inside a train carriage as gunfire erupted all around him.

Sebastian D'Souza, a picture editor at the Mumbai Mirror, whose offices are just opposite the city's Chhatrapati Shivaji station, heard the gunfire erupt and ran towards the terminus. "I ran into the first carriage of one of the trains on the platform to try and get a shot but couldn't get a good angle, so I moved to the second carriage and waited for the gunmen to walk by," he said. "They were shooting from waist height and fired at anything that moved. I briefly had time to take a couple of frames using a telephoto lens. I think they saw me taking photographs but theydidn't seem to care."

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe any Policeman would just stand there.

But if what this photographer says is true, could there have been some sort of "false flag" thing going on here?

But what angered Mr D'Souza almost as much were the masses of armed police hiding in the area who simply refused to shoot back. "There were armed policemen hiding all around the station but none of them did anything," he said. "At one point, I ran up to them and told them to use their weapons. I said, 'Shoot them, they're sitting ducks!' but they just didn't shoot back."

Link

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I believe it was a false flag attack, but then again I don't think anything happens spontaneously any more... it's just like when NORAD stood down instead of following standard procedure and shooting down the jets.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

Good shout.

The thing that struck me was that the media was quick to label this an attack by al queda I believe.

But then a different group came forward saying it was them.....

Not sure what to believe now!

What's everyone's opinions on this?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think this is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh right, my bad.

Feel free to close this mods.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Reply toTheOmen

That stood out to me also, and the fact that they accused them so quickly. Which is just like on 9/11 as well, when they were accusing Osama Bin Laden within minutes of the second plane crashing...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

Yeah, I find it totally suspicious.

Just waiting for them to come out saying they were running terror drills at the time now...

top topics

join