It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the poles shift, is it all over?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was at work and talking to a friend about a pole shift which our scientists tell us happened many times in the past. Worryingly he made an observation which concerns me.

In the past, the earth was full of dinasours, plants and vegetation. A meteor strike, pole shift, or asteroid killed a wide majority of mother earth's inhabitants on impact. Now we have millions and millions of miles of electrical wires and currents running underneath the ocean floor. We have telegraph poles and power stations amongst other things.

If the poles shift, earthquakes seperate the ground, breaking wires, tsunami's thousands of feet high - who could tell us how devastating that would be for us? Would we all be electrified to death? Water and electricity aren't our friends.

Anyone else thought of this before?

[edit on 4-12-2008 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
when the poles shift,the actual earth won't do a 180 spin. It'll be the magnetic poles. Compasses will go a bit funny,and north won't be north anymore,but we're not about to go on a merry-go-round ride. The worse that can happen in this situation,is the magnetic shield that we have,which protects us from most of the suns radiation,will be shot. And we'll all fry. Stock up on factor 40.000 and you should be fine.

But that's a worse case,they don't really know what'll happen IF the poles shift properly.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi,

I thought you might like this. It's dubious but makes good reading.

www.bbsradio.com...

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

Past magnetic pole reversals show no cyclical or other pattern. The last one occurred about 740,000 years ago. The same evidence that tells us that the reversals occurred also tells us that the reversals are gradual, taking thousands of years. The poles do not suddenly reverse.

There is little or no evidence connecting mass extinctions to magnetic pole reversals.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

once the poles do shift..... does that mean the northern hemisphere..... when water goes down the drain will it go the opposite direction????

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iismtivu

It's not really true that water rotates down a drain in a different direction depending on the hemisphere but what you are probably referring to is the Coriolis effect. The Coriolis effect is caused by Earth's rotation. The magnetic pole shift has nothing to do with Earth's rotation.

So the answer is no.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the info.

I guess I take what people say about the pole shifts way too seriously.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

Yeah, a magnetic pole shift wouldn't be too big of a deal. Compasses wouldn't work while it was changing, and then would be backwards afterward. We'd lose some protection against solar radiation, so the incidence of skin cancer would probably increase a few percent (we've still got the atmosphere itself protecting us, and it does a fair job) and satellites that aren't hardened against it could be at risk of failure. Mankind would remain a far greater threat to the rest of nature.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's gonna be EXACTLY as Michael Bay directs it to be
www.youtube.com...

=)

[edit on 4-12-2008 by xbranscombex]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
John White- Pole Shifts- May still be in print....check your local library....very well done book on the subject.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I agree the pole shift will take some time, but not the thousands of years. Perhaps 100 or so. And there is no definative accurate measurement of any past pole shift that would verify they occur every 700,000 yrs and happen over a span of several thousand years.

We just dont know because none have occured in our lifetimes or even during recorded history.

So no one can say for sure what will happen, if it happens and how long it will happen and how suddenly or not it happens.

The worst to expect the compass, mechanical and electronic. If a pole shift occurs more quickly than anticipated, I certianly would not want to be relying on compasses or be flying on instruments or relying on GPS.

At that point..landmark recognition and navigation by stars would be the most reliable.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
well i dont think it will be a good thing..... as it is now the earths magnetic lines of force are moving in the same direction as most of the planets in our solar system( as well as the sun) so when the magnetic poles shift the lines of force will be going against all the other planets and the sun which will be that little extra nudge the moon needs to escape from earth... this will cause the 24 degree tilt to go away and(say goodbye to our seasons) we will once again be vertical... so the lost tital effects caused by the moon along with a major jump in temp. due to the earth loosing it's tilt....
well the waters will rise and loss of protection against the suns rays....
it's not going to be a fun time at all.... fortunately once precession kicks back in again we will se the tilt come back... just that the earth will tilt in the opposite direction from right now..... so we will eventually get atleast summer and winter back....and hopefully protection from the suns rays again as well....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Good thinking :-) but i wonder why NASA calculated the Pole shift to almost ex 2012?
Then one starts wondering how Dogon tribe from Africa came to the same conclusion that Nibiru would arrive and cause this Pole shift, almost 5000 years ago?
Mayan came to an end also around 2012?

The number 23 has always been a mystery, for ex 2012 is also 23?....and look!

1723 A.D. The year that Adam Weishaupt (cf your nearest American one dollar bill) revived the Illuminati. The 23 is 2+3=5, going to the Law of Fives. The 17 is also interesting, as 1+7=8, 2 to the 3rd power = 8. Eight is also the number of letters in the Kallisti, Hail Eris!

6662 / 3 = .666, which is recalculated in Sumerian to the letters NERO

I Ching TheI Ching Hexagram 23 means "Break Apart". Telegrapher's use 23 as the code for 'break the line'.

AOL Chat Rooms Only 23 people allowed in a AOL chatroom. Coincidence? Obviously, just an "illuminated" programmer.

Airplane disaster 230 people died on TWA Flight 800.

Aleister Crowley In Aleister Crowley'sCabalistic Dictionary, he defines the number 23 as the number of "parting, removal, separation.

Aliens 23 Annunaki, the number of the original advance team of "aliens" who aided in the seeding of life on this planet.

Allen Ginsberg Allen Ginsberg died at 2:39pm April 5: 2+3+9+4+5=23. The code at the bottom of theReuter's article about Ginsberg's death reads: '23:28'. (28=23+5).

Alphabet: The letter W - W is the 23 letter of this alphabet. The symbol for that letter is two points down and three points up.

Alphabet E is the fifth letter of the alphabet, and also the most commonly used in the English language. W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet. Half of W is V, which is the roman numeral for 5. Once again, therefore, the inherent connection between 5 and 23 is proven.Relent ye skeptics!

Apollo Lunar Landings 1 & 2 First landing on the Moon was in the Sea of Tranquility, 23.63 degrees East. Second landing was in the Ocean of Storms, 23.42 degrees West. Notice the names of the picked sights and how they contrast. Note: First two landings were Apollo 11 & 12 (11+12= 23!). Justexactly what does NASA know?

April 19th As in 4-19... 4 + 19 = 23. April 19 is the date the Battle of Lexington, Waco, and the Oklahoma City Bombing... (4+19=23).You connect the dots.

9/11 2001: 9+11+2+1=23. WTC: W=23rd letter, T=20th, C=3rd, T+C=23

More freaky numerical coincidences? Charles Darwin's Origin of Species was published in 1859 - 1+8+5+9 = 23. Two divided by three makes 0.666 recurring (allegedly - actually it makes 0.6666666667). The Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8.15am - 8+15= 23.

And the list goes on and on?

and like i said 2012 POle shift and Nibiru? whats with 23???

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Kukulcangod]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Kukulcangod]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Somewhere i read that these "pole shifts" occur every 400,000 years and the last occurred 700,000 - 800,000 years ago.
Dunno if it's true..
If so, we're overdue

I've heard some pretty far out theories about what'll happen when the poles shift...

[edit on 5/12/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kukulcangod

i wonder why NASA calculated the Pole shift to almost ex 2012?

Your astronumerological wires have got slightly crossed, I fear.

The pole shift you think 'NASA calculated' will happen in the Sun, not on Earth.

And the reason why 'NASA calculated' (actually, it has long been known) that the solar magnetic field will reverse in 2012 is because 2012 is exactly 11 years counting forward from 2001, when the solar poles last reversed. The solar poles switch places every eleven years, in keeping with the sunspot cycle and have done so for as long as anyone has been watching.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Look at a globe, where the poles shift to is where the ice will move, and so on. These things happen a lot more often than people want to admit, they happen like clock work. the last time caused the great flood 6000 years ago, it was more than a great flood, the bible is just a bad reference, seek any other source besides, and you will find what happens. These events have been well documented and it wasnt until Christianity that the people began to be as ignorant as they are now. They would kill you for studying this kind of information, they kept it and we are now screwed because of it. They have been using us to build their safe houses for years because we have been kept from this information on the promise of death. If you want to read a good book on the subject, read "old world secrets the omega project codes".

[edit on 5-12-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
Anyone else thought of this before?

You really have to understand that their are more then one type of pole shiftings. There is the magnetic poles and their shifting events. There are the geographical poles and the shifting events assocatied with them.

The Magnetic pole shift is assocated with massive amounts of solar radiation, fires, and microwaved people.

The geographical pole shift is the WORLDWIDE EARTHQUAKE and massive tidal flooding waves.

The two events show evidence that they have happened together and seperately at times. There is scientific evidence to show that both have started their process of slippings that lead to shiftings.

Both events have happened with a form of human on the planet before now. And humans are still here. If the events happened now their would still be humans left over.

So in that context it wouldn't be "Over". However everything you know of as "mankind's world" would be over.

Really it all boils down to the luck of the draw. Who is where and how when the shifting happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seek4 truth

These things happen a lot more often than people want to admit, they happen like clock work. the last time caused the great flood 6000 years ago, it was more than a great flood

You know, when you rush in and post on a thread without reading what has been posted on it already, you can easily make yourself look like a drooling, shambling idiot - which I am sure you are not.

Phage has already explained that terrestrial geomagnetic reversal (incorrectly called 'pole shift') does not occur 'like clockwork', but at random intervals, and the last appears to have happened roughly 780,000 years ago. Here's a chart.

True pole shift is the phenomenon known as 'polar wander', where Earth's axis of rotation changes over time. It happens, but so incredibly slowly (about a degree of inclination per million years or so) that it doesn't mean very much at all. Continental drift is more rapid.

And of course, there never was a flood six thousand years ago. Before you flood me with Christian and New Age site links 'proving' that there was, do a little real research yourself. It just didn't happen. Go and look it up.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
"Sometimes the field completely flips. The north and the south poles swap places. Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks, are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago. Are we overdue for another?"

"We know this from studies of the paleomagnetic record."
Earth's present-day magnetic field is, in fact, much stronger than normal.

Earth’s magnetic field also flips, but with less regularity.
Consecutive reversals are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart. The last reversal happened 740,000 years ago. Some researchers think our planet is overdue for another one, but nobody knows exactly when the next reversal might occur.

NASA source

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by seek4 truth

These things happen a lot more often than people want to admit, they happen like clock work. the last time caused the great flood 6000 years ago, it was more than a great flood

You know, when you rush in and post on a thread without reading what has been posted on it already, you can easily make yourself look like a drooling, shambling idiot - which I am sure you are not.

Phage has already explained that terrestrial geomagnetic reversal (incorrectly called 'pole shift') does not occur 'like clockwork', but at random intervals, and the last appears to have happened roughly 780,000 years ago. Here's a chart.

True pole shift is the phenomenon known as 'polar wander', where Earth's axis of rotation changes over time. It happens, but so incredibly slowly (about a degree of inclination per million years or so) that it doesn't mean very much at all. Continental drift is more rapid.

And of course, there never was a flood six thousand years ago. Before you flood me with Christian and New Age site links 'proving' that there was, do a little real research yourself. It just didn't happen. Go and look it up.
What the hell does "incorrectly called 'pole shift" have to do with anything I said? First of all, you proved what I said right and second, I said not to look at the bible because it was not just a flood. Third, I dont think you are half as smart as you think you are! A chart, oh, now im convinced all of ancient history was wrong because some moron made a chart about a time he didnt live in, thanks, how stupid of me. You seem to be very unaware of how the earth really works, I think maybe you have looked to much of these lies up, maybe we can find an old text that proves that the earth is flat? The poles shift a little every day!!!
Even though I am sure you have figured out that the earth is not flat, you do know that it is not round? Think about it, it is not that hard to figure out.

By the way, you might want to start by reading what the OP asked...

[edit on 5-12-2008 by seek4 truth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join