It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian judge suspends CIA kidnapping trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Italian judge suspends CIA kidnapping trial

news.yahoo.com

MILAN (Reuters) – A Milan judge on Wednesday suspended the high-profile trial of U.S. and Italian agents suspected of a CIA kidnapping after Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi authorized witnesses to invoke state secrecy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Saw this coming, but found it interesting to note though somebody missed an edit on the final copy. About 2/3 of the way down it says "The Americans, almost all of whom are believed to working for the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, and are being tried in absentia."

I wonder what it said after "US CIA," and before "...and are being" that the copy editor didn't find appropriate for public consumption?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I hope the trials continue so a legal precedent can be established.
It's time we lift the veil of secrecy and get a little accountability.
The things that are done in our name continue to be done because they all know they can get away with it.
I hope more and more government sanctioned criminal activities land more and more people in prison, maybe then they will realize it's time for this to stop.

Unfortunately the judge will probably end up the victim of a 'mysterious death' if the trials ever happen, criminals will resort to anything to keep from getting caught.

new topics

join