It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What modern UFO case in the last 5 years do you think has been the most significant to proving the e

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
*in proving the existence of UFOs.

I know the thread title was clipped. I apologize.

In the past I've always wished that there would be a modern Roswell. I think that the Stephenville, Texas UFO sitings have been that modern Roswell. Unlike Roswell where people have claimed to have physical evidence from that craft in Stephenville they had actual radar evidence that proves that there was possibly a UFO at that place and time. I can't think of any other case in recent history that is as important as the Stephenville one.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
To me it is more of a collection of similar sightings. The triangular craft sightings seem to be the ones that are harder and harder to discount.

Still, there is no reason to assume they are not experimental military craft. No reason to link them to visitors from other worlds.

Roswell is unique and it could well be that it was the only genuine encounter with Aliens of all the reported sightings. It is certainly the most difficult to explain or deny.

I find it easier to believe that encounters are extremely rare, than to believe we are visited constantly by little Grey men who spirit away people in the night to probe their anuses.

Then we have witness from people like Clifford Stone and for the life of me, I can not think of reason for him to lie. He continues to repeat his beliefs and story even though he appears to have never profited from the effort. In fact I'm sure he has been badly hurt by what he shares. He is either telling the truth as he sees it or insane.

The flood of worthless You Tube nonsense and photo's from cell phones of tiny white or colored lights against a black background or the never ending stream of blurs that are 99.999% likely to be birds flying by are certainly not significant.

If you separate the patently ridiculous garbage being passed as evidence today, you get to the tiny number of possible value and I believe the number is tiny. Perhaps as tiny as only one genuine encounter in the last century.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In the past 5 years the Chicago O'Hare sighting and the Channel Islands sighting come to mind because of the credibility of the witnesses and the 2008 Turkey and Moscow sightings because of the number of witnesses and video footage of the objects.

Going back a little further but still in what I would class as "modern times" (ie within my lifetime) the Belgian Triangle of 1990 strikes me as being the most important case; I think it's impossible to dismiss it as anything other than either a super advanced human made aircraft which now nearly 20 years later we still haven't seen in official circles or else something not of this Earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

I'm afraid I haven't heard of this belgium case. Do you have a link to a thread on it?
Also I'd like to mention the Phoenix lights, even tho it was more than 5 years ago. It was and still is a great case, and not that old.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

In Jim Marr's ATS book he says the Belgian Government admitted to these things people were seeing being secret Government test crafts. Now it makes you wonder... why doesn't our Government admit that we have triangular crafts or at least test-crafts?

top topics

join