It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Admits 'I was unprepared for war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Bush Admits 'I was unprepared for war'

thinkprogress.org

In an interview with ABC News that will air tonight, President Bush admits that he was unprepared to be Commander-in-Chief when he was elected:

“I think I was unprepared for war,” Bush told ABC News’ Charlie Gibson in an interview airing today on “World News.” “In other words, I didn’t campaign and say, ‘Please vote for me, I’ll be able to handle an attack,’” he said. “In other words, I didn’t anticipate war. Presidents — one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sigh...

The "Decider" never ceases to amaze with his statements.

So years later, after doing everything possible to rush and bully us all into one conflict / invasion after another, resulting in mass murder and deaths of tens of thousands, he NOW says he was "unprepared" for what he was so determined to start.

George, don't go away mad, just please go away. You have embarrassed and shamed this nation endlessly with your actions.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just some more set up for what will be coming down in the new Obama Administration. If Bush was unprepared for war, how is a former Chicago street organizaer going to respond. That thought is downright scary.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yep, I know you won't agree, but here goes anyway.

I personally don't see Bush as a mass murderer or that he has shamed or embarrassed this nation. I see him as a human being who tried to the best he could concerning the situations he was facing. Should he have admitted this earlier on? Probably, but to admit that would have made him a weak President. I realize that a President is expected to respond to every situation with perfection. However, no President is perfect. To further complicate things, Presidents are not experts in economics, social security, taxes, military, or any other issue. They have general knowledge and have to rely heavily on advice from individuals who are experts in those fields. If these so called experts suggest the wrong solution, I can guarantee you that the President will carry all the blame for trusting that advice. Sometimes a President has no choice but to follow that advice given because of his lack of knowledge or expertise in the area that the advice pertains to. For many years I have heard people call the President (all Presidents) a puppet and I must say that I agree with this notion. A President's advisors are the ones pulling the strings.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Tell me what Presidents (other then ones elected during a time of war) are prepared for a war? I think this quote is just something Bush bashers are taking out of context.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My first thought was "Well duh, who was?" Aside from the hardcore survivalists, I'd bet that most Americans weren't ready and didn't expect a war when Bush was elected. He's made some pretty bad decisions, but at least he is admitting that he wasn't prepared for it. Much better in my book than lying and saying you were prepared when you weren't.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I believe such statements we can can expect, as the OP expounds, are genuinely irrelevant.

Bush may not be truly a mass murderer or an incompetent imbecile. He may in fact be quite adequately intelligent for the post he 'served'.

However, his guilt rises from another - uncommented upon - issue.

He was a businessman with an agenda that had little or nothing to do with 'serving' the American people in anything other than name.

His was a commercial agenda. All activities undertaken by this administration appear to have been geared to increase business activity within the government.

Sorry to say, America is NOT a business. She is a nation. She required and remains requiring stewardship that transcends political and corporate gain. The truth is, we suffered a lack of leadership since his arrival. Not because he is not a leader...,, because he is not the leader we were told he would be.

Same as this next guy.

Politics is no longer real. It is a sham like pro-wrestling. Sure, they're glitzy, witty, attractive, and otherwise entertaining; but today's politicians are mostly clowns and actors. They couldn't reason their way out of a paper bag. Today's politicians require corporate and institutional think-tanks and direction from mega wealth holders and their elitist lackeys.

America must be restored and that means we need public servants, not bosses. We need leaders, not cronies. We need people who have no fear of 'losing their political "career" because they 'offend' some 'old money' or 'transnational corporation' or 'bank cartel'.

Do those exist anymore? Maybe. If the media would just let us see and hear them we might be better off.

Who can make that happen? Anyone?

top topics

join