It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far does it go: thoughts manipulating surroundings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't know this was anything anyone else was experiencing.

It happens for me usually 4 to 5 times a week. I'm mostly up during the well lit part of the day. But almost every time I walk a couple blocks, a light on one of the main streets I live by will switch off. Here are a couple conclusions I came to while pondering this.

1. When I first noticing patterns in numbers during my day, I noticed the street lamp. I would roughly say about 80% of the time on any given walk from my house to the store and back, at least one street lamp light within 25 ft of me will turn off. Meaning, 80% of the walking trips from my house to the store will result in at least one lamp going out when I approach it. There are usually 5 or 6 street lamps I pass by on a half mile trip.

2. When this happens, I always question myself if these street lamps have heat sensors and shut off to avoid burnout. it's the "Am I sane?" question.

3. I never leave the house thinking 'it's going to happen', I just accept that it does. Whether or not they do it on their own and it's chance luck that I am nearing it or not.

4. Walks in large for me are a way to clear my mind, 'mulch the issues' so to speak. This has been reported before in SLi before.

5. Lamps don't turn off and then turn back on, for me, that I can remember.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

The 'switching off' is interesting indeed. I had *all* my 'spiritual' experiences when i was or very introvertly contemplating, or having no thought whatsoever, hence: without the 'observing eye' (quantum physics). Perhaps an unconscious energy is released, or you're more open to perceive 'random patterns'.

Thats very interesting... maybe we are all trying to hard and thinking to

much when we should actually be thinking less and letting our energy flow??

Yes, I think so.
But not as much as 'not thinking', but more as not being too 'rational' and more in balance with the 'emotional' (to refer to the Cartesian problem of the split of body and mind that, as an ideology, acts in the same way: by 'being' a Cartesian subject (because this ideology is still highly internalized) in which ratio is higher in hierarchy then feeling/intuition).

Cartesian duality obstructs the flow. A holistic approach may be of use here in which not only the Cartesian subject is transcended as perceiving it as one functioning 'organism' but also that this organism isn't divided from it's environment: it is *in* its environment and it *is* its environment.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Thymos]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Thymos]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
i do wonder..
why does this have anything to do with UFO activity??
what's the whole theory behind it?? The connection with aliens and interference with street lights etc.

There is no theory (except for wild speculation); and personally I don't think it does have anything to do with UFO.

But he may have witnessed - or thought he did - some sort of UFO activity (whatever the unidentified object in question was), and then started experiencing the phenomenon you describe; even if it didn't have anything to do with it, it would be a fair - if hasty
- conclusion.
(BTW, how come your father didn't tell you WHAT exactly that "UFO activity" was...?)

As to your subject line question: in my opinion, there are no boundaries to man's interaction with his or her surroundings (even if it is, for the time being, mostly sporadic and uncontrolled). Everything that is, including us, are patterns of the same stuff, all "fuelled" by electricity.

Bu, as always, it would be a good idea to rule out all other explanations.
I am assuming the street lights in question aren't always the same ones? If they are, it would be easy to verify their "responsiveness" to other people passing by.

There is a certain street lamp near my home that blinks wildly every time I go by it. (So much so that I've started developing affection for it and always say 'hello' to her...
)
And here's the interesting thing: it always "waits" for me to make three or four steps past it before blinking - which, in my opinion, indicates that there may be a loose connection somewhere below the pavement and that the vibrations produced by my steps disturb it.
(This would be easy to verify - all I'd have to do is to wait for other people to go by and observe what happens or fails to happen - but I am really not THAT interested in this.)

Anyway, electricity is an interesting subject.
It may be relevant - or not - to find out whether your father experiences any static electricity incidents. (Does he get discharges from faucets and/or other metal objects?)

A few years ago I suddenly, literally overnight, turned into the lightning rod of choice for all the metal objects around me: I got "bitten" by every scrap of metal, from water faucets to handles of car doors - so much so that even today, years later, I still avoid touching a faucet with my bare hand.

Interestingly - or not - this period, which ended as abruptly as it had started, coincided exactly with a period when I suffered from severe pain in he southernmost point of my spine.
This pain was also interesting, for two reasons:

1.) I never EVER suffered from any sort of back pain before or since;
and
2.) it came out of the blue, the first night I lay in my new bed (it was, and is, an EXCELLENT bed - but the old one was less than perfect), then became so severe that I couldn't sneeze without my knees giving out - and finally, after a few months it disappeared as suddenly as it had come.

The morning when I first got up with that pain was also the day when I started getting electricity discharges from metal objects.

I am not implying absolutely anything here; I am simply narrating this co-incidence, if that's what it was.

As I said: electricity is an interesting subject.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thymos

Actually, the spoon-bending in the matrix is quite the opposite as you describe: Neo doesn't focus on the spoon to let it bend. He focusses on bending himself in his acknowledgement of the fact that 'there is no spoon'.

But why, then, does the "no spoon" manifest its "no-spooninness" by being BENT?

No, really.

I am not making fun of you.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thymos
I think, when considering that energy can flow in different forms (electrical, digital, mental, physical, magnetic, gravitational), energy-waves, so to say, are able to influence each other. Like the moon influences tides, and the sun the presence/absence of light and warmth.

So it *may* be possible that the 'cause' of streetlight interference is someone who feels 'highly charged'. Since the inverse is also possible: I can get terrible headaches from high frequency noise that is spread by a monitor/television or microwave, for example. Or: too bright a lightbulb hurts my eyes.

So yes, I guess when thinking in terms of 'Oneness' (as energy) all is interrelated.

Like another poster mentioned, this makes a lot of sense and my mindset is similar. I believe wholeheartedly that the unseen, so to speak, is constantly influencing our surroundings, including our conscious and unconscious thoughts and the energy that we produce and emanate. I am more inclined to go with this sequence of events, as I simply don't know much about the reasons behind why people believe SLI and electromagnetic interference is related to UFO activity. I mean, there may be something to it, I just don't know.

[edit on 7/6/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
i do wonder..
why does this have anything to do with UFO activity??
what's the whole theory behind it?? The connection with aliens and interference with street lights etc.

There is no theory (except for wild speculation); and personally I don't think it does have anything to do with UFO.

But he may have witnessed - or thought he did - some sort of UFO activity (whatever the unidentified object in question was), and then started experiencing the phenomenon you describe; even if it didn't have anything to do with it, it would be a fair - if hasty
- conclusion.
(BTW, how come your father didn't tell you WHAT exactly that "UFO activity" was...?)

My dad and his family have a history, of sorts, with the 'alternative'. He is intelligent, not an invalid who blindly believes in whatever (not that that is what you were insinuating..). It has always been a kind of dark subject to bring up with him, so I have always been on the line as to whether I actually wanted to approach the topic of ETs and UFOs in conversation.
On the night in question I can hardly remember how the discussion went, however, when I started to talk to him on-topic on another occasion, he began to speak about the reason behind why he considered the phenomenon to be linked to UFOs, although we were interrupted and haven't spoken about it since. It sounds like a lame excuse, but the way he initiated the conversation, it had a heavy vibe. The subject has always been tentative with him.
So, to answer your allusions, he may well have merely witnessed something 'unexplainable' at some time and made a correlation with the event and phenomena that followed. Although, I have to be frank, knowing my dad like no one else does, and his family and state of mind, I can tell you with confidence that this is least likely the case. However, I am absolutely open to the idea that he may be misguided in his theories.

I am assuming the street lights in question aren't always the same ones? If they are, it would be easy to verify their "responsiveness" to other people passing by.

Of course not
As far as I am aware, it occurs in a number of places, anywhere. There are no limitations, other than I do not think it happens with other electrical items.

There is a certain street lamp near my home that blinks wildly every time I go by it. (So much so that I've started developing affection for it and always say 'hello' to her...
)
And here's the interesting thing: it always "waits" for me to make three or four steps past it before blinking - which, in my opinion, indicates that there may be a loose connection somewhere below the pavement and that the vibrations produced by my steps disturb it.

A logical observation. In my dad's particular case, almost 100% of the time he is driving when the SLI occurs. This, of course, could be linked to the light reflecting sensors in the overhead lamps activating as a result of the car's headlights.

It may be relevant - or not - to find out whether your father experiences any static electricity incidents. (Does he get discharges from faucets and/or other metal objects?)

I haven't asked him specifically, although I am interested to know.. I'll have to sit him down one of these days and mull over it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisjuan
4. Walks in large for me are a way to clear my mind, 'mulch the issues' so to speak. This has been reported before in SLi before.

I've experienced the same, although I tend to go for drives in the car instead. It seems to happen when I'm just letting my mind wander, and often when I've had a lot on my mind lately... so I'm not really paying attention to my surroundings, but then I notice the light go out. I've even had them shut off in a sequence before.

I know that street lights will cycle on and off towards the end of their life, so it's to be expected occasionally, and I've tried to explain it away, but I can't get over the following problems:

1) The vast majority of incidents were of street lights shutting off around me. If they're simply cycling, then I should see about an equal number of cases where they turn on instead, but I find those cases to be very rare.

2) When I notice lights shutting off more frequently than normal, I usually I have something going on in my life that I'm feeling uncertain about (typically when I'm dating someone), and I often have some sort of a setback come shortly after it. And in the few cases where a light has turned on, it has been associated with something positive.

3) It's definitely not limited to street lights for me. It has happened to various different kinds of outdoor lights, as well as several kinds of indoor lights, and even a flashlight. The closer it is to me, the more intense the experience. I don't think much of street lights, but indoor lights flipping out still gets to me.

4) I've experienced other electrical oddities around me over the past few years... electronics and computers activating themselves, garage door opening on its own as I approached, weird failures, etc.

5) My sister has similar crap happen to her, as does my cousin. They tend to get milder electrical experiences than me, but stronger spiritual/ghost/pre-cog stuff. There's a strong history of weird paranormal stuff in my family, and the women seem to be more sensitive to it than I am. My mom and aunt have a lot of spiritual stuff... probably more than any of the rest of us.

6) I've had other paranormal experiences involving lights, where most cases had them freaking out and shutting off, and those were clearly associated with dark/evil things. But when I had a flashlight turn itself on in front of me, repeatedly, it was a very comfortable and positive experience (and it was on my birthday, when a very supportive family member had passed away the day before).

I can't explain it, but it just seems to happen. In many cases, it seems to be a sign of what's to come, but I'm still fairly confused as to if it's really some sort of a sign or the presence of some entity, or if it's just a reaction to my own stray thoughts. It is scientific fact that we all emit a small electrical field and certain waves... Maybe certain electrical devices are just more susceptible to being influenced by that when they're worn out and near the end of their life, and maybe some people emit different things than others. I did once have a spiritual experience where I was told that I'm broadcasting my thoughts like a radio transmitter, and I've noticed that sometimes other people unknowingly pick up on what I'm thinking and start talking about it, even using the same words and phrases.

Oh, and one more thing... I was sitting at a traffic light within typical SLIding distance from that huge electrical station explosion in Denver last night, right as it blew up. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I remember calling some guy an a-hole for blatantly running the red light to turn left, then I'm waiting at the light for a few minutes, and suddenly all hell breaks loose as the whole substation explodes with fireballs shooting 70 feet into the air. I had some strange stuff going on the night before that too. Interesting coincidences for sure.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by TurboDC4]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join