It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day the dump blew up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi everyone for starters I'm new so hello.

This is a place that has interested me for a long time and I thought I would share it with you.
Some info
www.carolyn.topmum.net...

Aerial photo
www.flashearth.com...

And some urban explorers tried to find the way underground
www.28dayslater.co.uk...

Now my question is why do the mod still own it apart from it being a war grave and the uxbs?
Might be nothing weird there but just puzzles me. Parts of the old mine are used by a fireworks company and they have electric fencing, loose dogs etc how normal is this??

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benintheuk

This is a place that has interested me for a long time and I thought I would share it with you.
Some info
www.carolyn.topmum.net...

Aerial photo
www.flashearth.com...

And some urban explorers tried to find the way underground
www.28dayslater.co.uk...

Now my question is why do the mod still own it apart from it being a war grave and the uxbs?
Might be nothing weird there but just puzzles me. Parts of the old mine are used by a fireworks company and they have electric fencing, loose dogs etc how normal is this??

Why wouldn't the MOD still own it? It probably costs them very little to keep the land, and maybe they're concerned about unexploded ordinance on the property, but not enough to actually spend the money to go about removing it. Bureaucratic inertial would lead them to keep the property; they'd need a solid reason to sell it.

Fireworks companies tend to keep things locked down pretty tight; explosions are naturally easy to cause there, and can be both deadly and very expensive. All it takes is one idiot and they stand to lose tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of facilities and merchandise, not to mention a possible lawsuit from the idiot's family for letting them get that close to such a dangerous stockpile. You'll notice the bunkers they keep the fireworks in. As the original explosion can attest, huge quantities of explosives in one place is serious business.

Kind of funny that a fireworks company would choose the site of a huge ordinance storage accident for their ordinance storage. Goes to show that they're more concerned with economics than with petty superstition, I guess.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benintheuk

Some info

Greetings and welcome, be sure to check out the Freshmans Forum I wish I would have originally!

Your topic of the post is interesting I really suggest you check out this thread Secret Bases and UK Secret's and many answers, and information will be there for you, on this topic and many many more!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Op I never knew of the Timing of this, but had read about it before a long time ago, and as new thought I would upload something to your thread,

Star and Flag opener for me
njoy, and I am sure all will be interested in this, it is also the time of the end of the first world war, 11.11

How interesting, coincidence or planned?

Elf.

PS don't assume all readers will check links! hey pad out your submitions with some quotes and info like in this case if you dont have the points for pics etc....

• This was the Largest conventional explosion in both the second and world wars

• The timing was 11 : 11 (of real significance in many forums)

• An Entire Farm, All buildings , People, Machinary and Animals Totally Dissapered ! lol ... Njoy elf

[edit on 29-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

• posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:55 PM
    link   
    LOL I hadn't noticed that

new topics

top topics

join