It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at Toys-R-Us in Palm Desert - Over Toys!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Shooting at Toys-R-Us in Palm DESERT OVER TOYS!!!

www.knx1070.com

Black Friday has turned violent after reports of shots fired at the Toys-R-Us on Highway 111 in Palm Desert.

Unconfirmed reports state that at least one people was shot and one person, a juvenile, has been held. There's also no word on if there were multiple gunmen.

According to scanner reports, the incident happened just before 11:30 a.m. at the store located at 72314 Highway 111.

Riverside County Sheriff's Department as well as officers from the Cathedral City and Indio police departments are on scene.

By 11:55 a.m., authorities were still searching for at least one gunman.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-11-2008 by 1curious1]

[edit on 28-11-2008 by 1curious1]

Mod Note: Use of All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I broke the Wal Mart story earlier and now this??? Come on, people, it's toys. I am going to have a harder time writing this commentary that I did with the first.

Shameful is what this is... While I don't want to give up any more of my freedom than we have, I certainly don't want to live in fear, especially when shopping for children's toys.

I believe in the right to own Guns to protect myself from idiots such as these!

www.knx1070.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Palm Desert... SORRY for mislabeling it "beach"

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Minor correction: This happened in Palm Desert... not Palm Beach.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cohiba

Yeah, I was trying to change that... I was to upset by the fact that there is a shooting at a Toys-R-Us... Where a Kid can be a shooting victim, or shooter, apparently the gunman is a juvenile

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, you really don't have much to say about this...It's really, really sad...

To kill for a toy? Man, seriously, I really wonder how bad things will go when we will have to fight for basic stuff like food and water...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here is a little more info on the incident.

Several people have been arrested including a teenager who was held inside the store. News Channel 3 cameras captured at least two arrests outside the store including a woman who was heard screaming and banging on a Sheriff's cruiser. No word if a gunman has been captured.

Deputies told News Channel 3 that some shoppers inside were evacuated while others were kept in the store shortly after the shooting as deputies swept the store for suspects.

Two Killed Inside Toys-R-Us After Shooting

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's incidents such as this, that reinforce my belief that Hell does indeed exist, and we are all it's residents.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
this is why i celebrate festivus.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
omg.. just read the thread about the person being trampled to death by the crowd at Walmart at the opening of Black Friday, but this shocks me much profounder.

The crowd was in a collective state of programmed insanity I guess, but this one's taking it to the next level

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is in my valley. Watching the local news now. A guy was on the phone with his wife who was trapped in the store, and he said he could hear all sorts of gunfire going off. I went to a local Wal-mart this a.m., and based on the manicness of people, I am not surprised to see people doing dumb crap. But this is just sick.

Sigh.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
BTW, great work 1curious1, pretty amazing when folks at ATS are getting the story out before local news is really airing it.

They are now saying this may possibly be a murder / suicide of two guys disputing over a female, but no verification yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I hope that's right about the guys fighting over a girl thing... That sounds much better than two guys fighting over a freakin toy!

Oh, and Thanks for the kind words. We can all use more of those.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
look's like the christmas spirit is here, again. satan clause spreads his gifts to the greedy.

tragic.

here, in toronto, i'm scared to leave the house for all the psychopathic shoppers(and especially the way they drive....pure unadulterated evil. i'll bet jesus chrysler is PISSED!). they climb over their dead mother to get those things they "need" for the "happy holidays".

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the Cabbage Patch Kids debacle when I was a child. Don't remember if anyone was killed but there was plenty of fighting and broken bones.

As if I needed another reason not to go out between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Incredibly sad.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
LOL.....

foolish consumers! These freakin lab rats just let the stress of the season get to them, while they are out tryin to be the first to purchase items that will be part of future landfills everywhere.

To think they could be at home eating pizza and posting on ATS like the rest of us.

Screw X-mas shopping, save your cash for something worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I hope that's right about the guys fighting over a girl thing... That sounds much better than two guys fighting over a freakin toy!

Oh, and Thanks for the kind words. We can all use more of those.

Dont put a pretty bow on this vile package. Regardless of the situation, this is horrific to occur in a crowded store with so many innocents there. I dont care what the fight was about, they could take it to the streets or the privacy of their own homes. The worst of this is that someone woke up and made a decision to take a firearm into a Toys R Us, probably one of the most populated retail outlets in America on Black Friday. This is as much premeditated murder as it gets. The very act of taking the firearm inside the store should be enough to get the death penalty.

There is a reason why this is called Black Friday. It is a vile and evil creation by the corporate mass media that NEVER ends well. You would think that the store managers would eventually learn from all of the mistakes being made year after year and do something to quell this nonsense, but year after year, this day brings out the worst in humanity all to be the one to get some piece of junk that is not worth the time or money spent on the item.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

That's exactly what my folks are saying:

"What on EARTH would make an individual carry a loaded firearm into a TOYS-R-US store?"

Any way you cut it, whoever is behind this is / was a SICK individual.

And after seeing the wal-mart escapade of manic stupidity, it appears to be infectious during the consumer-robot shopping season...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i would carry a loaded firearm into a toys r us.. but only to protect myself from idiots like this kid.
however you wont catch me anywhere but inside my home during these "holidays"
best of luck out there friends.

-turbo

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If you check the LA times... it wasn't over a toy. I just moved to North Carolina two days ago from the Palm Desert area, and this is very shocking because they mostly have very little crime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join