It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goverment should give us the bailout money, in turn save everyone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The Goverment should give us the bailout money, in turn save everyone

Considering the many failed Banks, insurance, Auto companys going down the tube, give us a chance to decide who deserves our tax dollars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
--- Amazing what we could do with this amount of money..........

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in
a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000
bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman
and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals
$425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a
We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.
That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.
A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college - it'll be there
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs
Invest in the market - capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U.S. Citizen 18+ including the folks
who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company
that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed
Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of
trickling out
a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being
proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult
U.S. Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and most of those were bailing out doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion
We Deserve It Dividend more than do the geniuses at AIG or in
Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because
$25.5 Billion is returned
instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

a laugh
or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You're link doesn't show up. But yeah I could use the money.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals
$425,000.00.

No, it's $425.

Besides, I don't think the point of the 'bailouts' is to help the average person and 'restart' the economy. I think that's just how they're pitching it.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I like your thinking but 85 billion divided by 200 million is only $425...

But the real cost of the bailout so far is around $8Trillion.... THAT money would be doing a lot more good in our pockets and being spent in our economy than sitting on a bank's balance sheet.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Just like the bailout folks. They're no good at maths either...

Otherwise good thinking. Even just 10 times...or lets say $5000 into the hands of every man and woman would boost the economy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
if they gave everyone 400,000 dollars....I'd bet half of us wouldn't go back to work till the money was gone!!
I did the math twice, since I didn't believe the answer the first time, but $400,000 would serve to replace the income I earn for 20 years!! I could pay off my bills and have a decade vacation courtesy of the US government!
point I am making....
maybe this isn't such a good idea, would do wonders for the unemployment figure (who would care if they had a job) but not so good for our workerless economy..

for the amount that they have committed so far they could have paid off half of our mortgages in the US, well, none of us needed all of our mortgages paid off, just enough to offset the drop of the home values so the banks would be willing to refi. IF the cause of the problem is what they are claiming it is, troubled mortgages (I don't really believe them on this though, I think it more of how they leveraged these pieces of paper afterward that is the problem) well, that problem could of been solved with the first bailout or two...just send every one $50,000 credit to be applied to their mortgage, if they have no mortgage, the money could go into a special bank account where it can only be applied to housing expense.....or to purchase a home..

since rent/mortgage payment is one of the biggest expenses in the household budget, this could loosen up the economy enough so that the amount being spent in government assistance, the wages that are being demanded could be lowered some.

what are we getting out of the fine giveaway they are running now? a promise of profit later on down the tracks, if and only if, they actually pull this off and all the stocks, all the assetts, whatever they've been doing with this money is actually worth anything in the end. then , well, if there is any profit, how many of us actually think that our taxes will go down because of this profit? or will our fine government just incorporate the extra money into the budget and built more bridges to nowhere, then when the money runs out, well....
of course, they will have to increase the taxes to make use of the loss of revenue!!
and, I still say that they are gambling on the stock market with this money, ya know...
give me a few billion dollars, and I bet I could get that market to sing any tune I wanted it to also!

[edit on 28-11-2008 by dawnstar]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I do like the idea of giving us the money so we can spend and "kickstart" the economy again.

Unfortunately though, it has nothing to do with what the population needs, but what the bankers demand. I just don't get this stuff. Estimated $Trillions of debt, but owed to whom? If all the biggest global banks are demanding $Billions in bailout cash, then to who do they owe this debt and how did they ever get into this position in the first place? I have yet to see any data about who all this debt is owed to, just lists of the worlds big players demanding money.

I know the term "fuzzy math" but this seems way beyond fuzzy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lol wtf. These calculations are damning indictment of the state of mathematical education in the USA.

With such skills, you could get a job in the Zimbabwe Ministry of Finance...

1. As everyone else has said, its $425

2. It wouldn't be the government "giving" anyone anything. If they want to stop stealing money from people in order to stimulate the economy, they should reduce taxes.

3. For everyone to be "given" $425k, the US govt would have to take on debts of $85,000,000,000,000. Yup, thats 85 quadrillion dollars.

4. IF everyone had 425k, there would be hyperinflation.

Basically what you're suggesting is following Zimbabwe's lead!!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
$85,000,000,000,000. Yup, thats 85 quadrillion dollars.

Ahem:

$85,000 = 85 thousand dollars
$85,000,000 = 85 million dollars
$85,000,000,000 = 85 billion dollars
$85,000,000,000,000 = 85 trillion dollars
$85,000,000,000,000,000 = 85 quadrillion dollars

Edit to also mention: you're exactly right with the other points, though.

I really think this huge increase in the number of issued dollars is a move to keep US currency in line with the rest of the world - a controlled 'bloodletting'. The other major world currencies are bleeding too, so everyone is getting equally anemic, however. Oh, except for commodity producers, who are getting shafted.

There's nothing 'bailout' or 'recovery plan' about it, except rhetorically. It's economic warfare.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Actually if they took all the bail out money they spent to date this year. Each individual US citizen of 18 and up would get a little over 20,000 dollars possibly more if there is more bailout cash than what I've been made aware of.

It would certainly go right back to the banks of anyone facing foreclosure and would trickle up decreasing bank debt and increasing the value of each bank. You could even place a stipulation on it saying it goes only to debt owed by the person named on the check.

Those that have no debt could charge something on a credit card then use that money to pay off the credit card. By doing this it keeps the cash in digital form not actually money printed and also boosts the economy from the ground up. Increasing sales drastically it would then also cause stocks to start rising again making wall street happy.

The only thing this fails at is lining the pocket books of the already insane wealthy class. Which is all the bailout money is doing right now.

Foreclosures are starting to hit very large numbers because of the greedy politics involved in this whole bailout the rich guys plan.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Lol wtf. These calculations are damning indictment of the state of mathematical education in the USA.

With such skills, you could get a job in the Zimbabwe Ministry of Finance...

1. As everyone else has said, its $425

2. It wouldn't be the government "giving" anyone anything. If they want to stop stealing money from people in order to stimulate the economy, they should reduce taxes.

3. For everyone to be "given" $425k, the US govt would have to take on debts of $85,000,000,000,000. Yup, thats 85 quadrillion dollars.

4. IF everyone had 425k, there would be hyperinflation.

Basically what you're suggesting is following Zimbabwe's lead!!

here's one rundown of the costs so far, unless there's something that came in after it was published...

blogs.moneycentral.msn.com...

the cost is about half of all the mortgages owed in this country...
about $24,000 for every man, women and child in the country...
twice my yearly income...
personally, I ain't suggesting following zimbabwe's lead, that is the direction our fine government has chosen to go!! how does it matter it they let loose a few trillion dollars via banks and them lending as to just letting the people have that money to give to the banks so they can lend it out to others? there is no difference, except of course, their way that money comes with heavy interest payments that more than likely will be going up as soon as the people borrow all that money!

I'm just saying that I think it would have been much cheaper just to help the homeowners out at the beginning of all this, and prevented the bigger problems to begin with.
what they are doing is just plain grand theft!! now, not only do I get to pay my mortgage if I want to keep my house, but also, well, I get to pay it twice, since the government is borrowing the money in my name to compensate the banks for me not paying it, although all our bills are paid up and will continue to be paid up, unless of course their screwy method of addressing this problem puts hyperinflation in motion and we end up using the mortgage payment to buy a loaf of bread! then well, all bets are off!

none of my kids even have mortgages to worry about, two don't even owe anything on credit cards...and hey, they will be paying their fair share also!
there is no justice in what they are doing in plain simple words.
but hey, the rich are getting richer, and that's all that they care about, so what the hey....right?

noticed all the unrest, violence that has popped up in the world the past few days? china, thailand, india, and god only knows where else...
these guys better be investing their new found wealth in some highly fortified castles, private armies included, somewhere, because well.....
one way or the other, I think their system is going down.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
$20,000? It wouldn't pay off my mortgage, but it sure would reduce the principle. Would gladly take it!. Like everyone else, I don't know what the hell the government is doing here. It looks like they are trying to take over the banks, the auto industry, and the insurance companies.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Apparently, I'm too stupid as an average American taxpayer to spend the money wisely enough so the government is doing this for me.

A stimulus program of the scale mentioned would only cause inflation to rise. It would be a short term gain with long term bad results.

The easiest fix for this entire problem is also the hardest as no one wants to admit it. Let the system fail and then rebuild a new one with the money we are currently wasting. Use this money to start the new system. But then, I'm too stupid to spend any money wisely.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm against the government passing out money in the way the OP suggested. However, if they're going to give the same amount of money to corporations in the country, then I'm all for distributing it to the people instead. If we're distributing my tax dollars to help save the economy, let me decide where my share will go.

By the way, nice job on the math

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
yeah i read in the financial review in australia that the US has pretty much spent 7.6 trillion dollars so far... so dividing by 200 million 18+ americans thats.... $38,000 each. better to spend on each person or the bailout....

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well there's always that saying:

"A democracy will fail when the people learn they can vote themselves money."

I wonder whether we have reached that point yet?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I guess I went to differant schools than most here. According to the latest census figures there are approximatly 260,000,000 adults 18 or over. If you give each one one million dollars thats 260 million dollars. Where the hell are you comming up with only $425.00 to eack one out of 80 billion???

Zindo
By every math class I ever took 260,000,000 is less than ONE billion!!

[edit on 11/28/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I guess I went to differant schools than most here. According to the latest census figures there are approximatly 260,000,000 adults 18 or over. If you give each one one million dollars thats 260 million dollars. Where the hell are you comming up with only $425.00 to eack one out of 80 billion???

Zindo
By every math class I ever took 260,000,000 is less than ONE billion!!

Glad I didn't goto your school

260,000,000 x 1,000,000,000 is only 260,000,000?

Wouldn't 260,000,000 x 1 be 260,000,000?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Reread my post, thats what I said,

1,000,000.00 = one million

1000 X 1,000,000.00 = one billion or 1,000,000,000.00

1,000,000,000.00 - 260,000,000.00 = 740,000,000.00

looks like the 260,000,00 is less than one billion!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join