It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Steven Greer part of a HUGE smear campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I started reading about the disclosure project about 5 years ago and was very excited about what they were trying to do and how they were going about doing it.
I would read all the transcipts of greers interviews and found him to be pretty consistant in what he was saying.
I thought if anyone could get disclosure, or even close to it, it was going to be the Disclosure project.

Now there are plenty of threads regarding outlandish things Steven Greer is supposed to have said and i was just wondering if people have the videos of when he said these things or if it is just part of a smear campaign because he was making a few ripples and they didnt like it.

Some of the things he is supposed to of said is that he has the ability to fly and the latest one, he called the UFOs and the phoenix lights event.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I agree. He managed to establish the biggest push for disclosure in history but then suddenly went silent. Meanwhile his name was being dragged through the dirt while more and more people began jumping on the bandwagon hate train. Maybe he should have become distracted by his other so-called "projects"(which in my opinion has been blown out of proportion), effectively destroying his chance of creating a comeback. No one will go near him as now he's seen as a nutter. History repeats itself.

I'd call than an effective smear campaign and a good example of how someone's reputation can be torn to shreds by effective manipulation of the UFO community.

Why hasn't anyone else gotten the Disclosure Project back on its feet? I think Steven Greer's current reputation is a good example why not.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo2012

for what its worth... this is what ufowatchdog .. has about him. STEVEN GREER

Reportedly plagiarizes the UFO work of others and sells as his own, sells do-it-yourself ET contact kits - now you too can steer in extraterrestrial spacecraft with a flashlight and never record them just like Doc Greer does. Made claims of contacting extraterrestrials through meditation. Claimed that U.S. military forces attacked a Colorado ET base inside a mountain using nerve gas, no evidence to back claim. Had dinner with CIA Director and spun tale of having briefed CIA Director about ETs for hours. Hosted press conference with credible UFO witnesses on Capitol Hill - ruined it and his own credibility by selling the work of others with his name on it and using bogus witnesses. Allegeldy attempted to charge Washington State MUFON members $2500.00 each to demonstrate how he can vector in UFOs - Greer got to choose the location and the time...mmmmmm. SEE: Doc Greer Sells The Truth, Greer: UFOlogy's Own Worst Enemy, CSETI, Greer's claim of military attacking ET underground base with nerve gas, and a refutation of Greer's claims of having briefed the CIA on UFOs.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Probably had good intentions in mind when gathering all those folks together etc...then got hushed up and started talking crap about meditating and flying in alien space ships using vedas...and then that silly galactic diplomacy lesson that costs a fortune.So probably had good intentions in the beginning,but was put in place shortly after.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It just seems to be such an amazing fall from grace.

I used to get frustrated by their lack of progress sometimes but to go from 600 testimonies to being able to fly just seems like such a huge leap.
While there are many who sell their work, which is very questionable, they have never come close to claiming what Greer is supposed to of said.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Perhaps we should have predicted the inevitable brick wall this project was destined to crash into.

Maybe someone slipped something in his drink and made him nuts? Regardless, the so-called path he took was bizarre to say the least.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

it seems there are a lot of people drinking from the same cup... Greer.. Lear... Meyer... Hoaglund.. ... Bell... Blossom.. lol...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There are many people in the UFO field who are there purely to make money out of it.
They write a book with NEW evidence and UNSEEN pictures and when asked what they are going to do about it say that no one should do anything because its not the right thing to do.
I bought a UFO book to see if it had other info than whats on the internet but throughout the whole book the author named dropped other stories to better understand the ones you are reading in this book, it just so happened to be that all these other stories featured in their other books.
I dont have a problem with people selling information but to just publish old info with 1 or 2 new pictures is just wrong.

Greer however set out from the off with only disclosure in mind. He wanted to get witnesses into court, was looking into zero point energy machines( although not one ever came to frutition!).
But now he is being quoted as saying all sorts of rubbish which go beyond anything else i have ever read about on the UFO subject.
Why has there been such a big change in his goals? it just doesnt make sense!

Maybe this is MKULTRA at work who knows.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo2012
But now he is being quoted as saying all sorts of rubbish which go beyond anything else i have ever read about on the UFO subject.
Why has there been such a big change in his goals? it just doesn't make sense!

It makes perfect sense, when you wear out your welcome in one area you go to another. And you choose one that again you can make outlandish claims about, with no proof because "we can't get into that", or "so and so would be in grave danger if this were to get out", etc etc. He's used all these excuses before.

And as far as the outlandish thing he's supposed to have said? I personally heard the alien baby story (both on the Paracast and in person), the wreckage pieces he's supposed to have, the 400 miles bike trip culminating in his infection and subsequent near death experience, and the robot aliens in govt made craft.

You can ask Jeremy Vaeni for the recording as he got nearly all of it I think. I personally heard more crap spew from that guy in that hour or so then I ever heard from anyone, and not one soul in the room called him on it. It made me physically sick to watch, and all I could do to sit in my seat and not scream at him for such ridiculousness and insults to intelligence.

There's no smear campaign...this guy doesn't need one.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've heard everything from he was running out of funds to pursue the project so came up with some ideas to make extra dough and got greedy, to maybe he was seriously threatened along with all his family members and told to smear himself to being drugged.

Edit: Someone needs to just pick up where this idiot left off and have a back-up also incase they go off the deep end too.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Look up Leslie Kean and her efforts. She's done more in terms of disclosure then Greer could ever dream of, and she's a top shelf worker...no B.S. from her, no wild claims, no evasion and double speak.

www.freedomofinfo.org...

This is the serious disclosure movement...not this head in the bum exopolitics crap.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I knew I'd find you in here JR!

You are one tenacious amigo! heheh

JRitzmann vs Goldenage - Round 3

[DING, DING]

IRM

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Since the 2001 Disclosure event, the focus has shifted to the technology. Greer has been active in that area, I know this because many of the big names in the New Energy/Alternative Energy movement keep mentioning his name.

He still does lectures, he still does CSETI expeditions, he still does - whatever it is he does with the Disclosure Project. Going around briefing people and whatnot.

So, no I don't think he's part of a smear campaign.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Greer is a fraudster. He had a big press conference and lots of "lights and whistles" so to speak but no subtance and lots of lies, lies which he uses to MAKE MONEY.

Furthermore, he is very selective with whcih parts of the phenomenon he chooses to accept.

For example, he says on his disclosure website that all the aliens are peaceful they are no threat etc.

So I email disclosure project and asked, If (and this is a big if) the UFO phenomenon and the lien cover up are all real, wouldnt the fact that they abduct people be threat enough?"

to which I recieved the reply that alien abductions were US military personnel dressed as aliens in top secret government air craft. What a Load of crap. no proof cited, no nothing, and its obviously bull plop.

I also asked in this email, since Greer is one of thos "dont put any weapons in space types", I asked IF there are indeed Aliens, then arent there going to be hostile as well as benevolent aliens, and if that the case, shouldnt we have the means to defend ourselves?

to which I recieved the reply that the ENTIRE UNIVERSE is ruled by one galactic council who doesnt any species have star travel technology until their evolved beyond war. this is bull#, not to mention there is no poof of this and 3rdly controlling the ENTIRE UNIVERSE would be rather difficult.

What this tells me is Greer is pushing the UFO phenomenon only as so far as it meets his hippie-eske political views.
and hes tring to make money as well.
the disclosure project is all hot air.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Yeah.

No one here is going to be convinced of anything about CSETI or Disclosure Project, I know that.

There have, however, been lots of interesting developments on the technology side. I am certain that Greer was telling the truth about the "quantum vacuum flux zero-point energy" devices - or more simply, "Radiant Energy", as Tesla called it, and guys like Bedini call it. Abundant energy in the space all around us.

It seems to me, given the systemic collapse of the financial system, and all the hungry, unemployed people running out and buying guns and ammo and stuff, that NOW might be a good time to focus our efforts on investigating Radiant Energy - but what do I know?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenAge
reply to post by NavalFC

Yeah.

No one here is going to be convinced of anything about CSETI or Disclosure Project, I know that.

There have, however, been lots of interesting developments on the technology side. I am certain that Greer was telling the truth about the "quantum vacuum flux zero-point energy" devices - or more simply, "Radiant Energy", as Tesla called it, and guys like Bedini call it. Abundant energy in the space all around us.

It seems to me, given the systemic collapse of the financial system, and all the hungry, unemployed people running out and buying guns and ammo and stuff, that NOW might be a good time to focus our efforts on investigating Radiant Energy - but what do I know?

There is no such thing as free energy.

Energy can not be created nor destroyed it only changes form, and the sum of tnergy that exists in the Universe is the same and has been the same throughout the universes life, only the form changes.

E= MC squared.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Right. The claim is not that these devices are "creating" energy.

The claim is that the energy is already there, in massive amounts. But it is a different kind of energy, it behaves differently and you use new, different circuit designs to work with it.

Energy From The Vacuum Pt 1+2 Full Vids

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Thanks for the link. Its nice to know that just because the disclosure project has ground to a halt people are still actively seeking disclosure.
Are any of the lectures, where he stated these strange claims, kicking around on the internet?

I remember reading about Dr Burisch and finding his stories very interesting until the first interview i saw him in gave me the impression he was lying as every time he spoke of an outlandish event he would take a sip of water while trying to hide a smile on his face.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo2012

Thanks for the link. Its nice to know that just because the disclosure project has ground to a halt people are still actively seeking disclosure.
Are any of the lectures, where he stated these strange claims, kicking around on the internet?

I remember reading about Dr Burisch and finding his stories very interesting until the first interview i saw him in gave me the impression he was lying as every time he spoke of an outlandish event he would take a sip of water while trying to hide a smile on his face.

I have the X-Conference Greer speech where he makes many, many outlandish claims, but I'm pretty sure most of them can be found in his book. It wasn't just the claims, it was his delivery. I had no feeling either way about Greer before the convention. I never followed his work. But after seeing that infomercial sales pitch I walked away with the same feeling you had about Burisch.

top topics

join