It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 gadgets you might need.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
found a website with a few new tools that seem like the modern day survavlist needs. you got your collapslable gun and fishing rod as well as your hunting knife and solar powered charger. take a look.

www.spike.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Nice find, ad that opens on that site is rather annoying however.

Alot of people seem to like the laptop charger, never thought about taking a computer/charger into the woods with me. Simply too much weight, to protect it from an EMP sounds like a good deal of work. Paper and duplicates work just fine. When the world goes to hell, email and ATS wont exactly be high on my list of things to do.

There are a few breakdown fishing poles out there. Personally I carry a Daiwa mini-spin. The plastic box it came it left alot to be desired, but the product itself is very light, strong, and works great for small fish. Wouldnt try salmon with it however.

The survival rifle they have listed is ideal. I have one on my bob. If you do purchase one, I strongly suggest tearing it apart and cleaning very well or the bolt will stick. Accurate out of the box as well.

I would pass on the survival knife they have on there. A knife is simply too important to cut costs on. While that thing is compact and light, I would be afraid to even put it to a flint for a spark in fear of it breaking.

Alot of people on this site seem to like bows. I see their value in a survival setting, and more so in the UK. Maybe I'm just lazy in the fact I would rather "point and click" to have my kill over carrying a bow, arrows, and extra string.

Overall however, this would be a good place to start if you were new to survival and getting ready to put together your first BOB.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ya anything electronic would be useless in an EMP scenario, regardless of what you got to recharge them.

And eventually, said electronics will go out due to component failure or a mishap like dropping something or other. There goes the Dell.

I think the most valuable things on that site are the fishing poles and hunting gear.

Other than that, the rest are useless, unecessary baggage not worth taking when it comes to one goal...surviving.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

join