It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye 700 billion and hello 7.4 trillion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Goodbye 700 billion and hello 7.4 trillion.

Bookmark & ShareTo:From:Note:
EmailFavoritesDiggDel.icio.usMySpaceGoogleFacebookLiveYahoo BuzzMore ...

View Sample

Home > Current Events & Politics > Glenn Beck: Goodbye $700 billion...hello $7.4 trillion!

Print Email
Glenn Beck: Goodbye $700 billion...hello $7.4 trillion!
Audio Available:

November 24, 2008 - 12:50 ET

GLENN: The Drudge Report has Panic of '08. This story changes everything. This story is the story that you -- if this doesn't open your eyes, nothing will. This is the story that you need to send to all of your friends, anyone who has said to you, why are you -- oh, stop panicking; we've been through this before; oh, it's no big deal. This story will prove them wrong and if they don't get it on this story, they never, ever will. Most Americans will not get it even now. You will. Panic of '08, here's the headline in red on the front page of Drudge. The U.S. Government is prepared to lend more than $7.4 trillion on behalf of American taxpayers. That is half the value of everything produced in the United States last year. Let me repeat. The U.S. Government is prepared to lend more than $7.4 trillion on behalf of American taxpayers. That is half the value of everything produced in our nation last year. They are doing it to, quote, rescue the financial system since the credit markets seized up 15 months ago. The unprecedented pledge of funds includes $2.8 trillion already tapped by the financial institutions.

Remember I said about four weeks ago it's not $700, stop saying $700 billion, stop focusing on that; that number is $3 trillion? That comes from my researchers just trying to paste things together, just trying to figure out what they've actually done. We came up with a number of $3 trillion. Now Bloomberg reports it's $2.8 trillion. Quite honestly I'd count on our numbers. This dwarves that approved by lawmakers, the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program. Key phrase: The equipment of $7.4 trillion dwarves the only plan approved by lawmakers, The Treasury Department's $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program which, by the way, they decided they weren't going to do. The only thing that our representatives agreed to do, they didn't do. The price tag for what we agreed to do was $700 billion. They have just spent $2.8 trillion and today they have agreed to $7.4 trillion. The Federal Reserve's lending last week, tell me that there's a problem with lending in this country. The Federal Reserve's lending, they lend to banks, was 1900 times the weekly average for three years before the crisis.

Okay, so what does all of this mean? I am no longer going to even listen to anybody who says to me, "Oh, that's crazy; that will never happen." I have been saying these things for two years. I've been talking about the perfect storm for five years. It has come to shore and everyone has said to me, and even I have said on the air, "You're right, it is crazy; I hope these things don't happen." I have had dinner after dinner, I've had meeting after meeting, I've had conversations on and off the air with some of the greatest minds around today and they have all said the same thing: Glenn, well, so many things have to happen. And I said no, the only thing that has to happen is people have to continue to be blind. The people who set this up are the people -- and I don't mean set it up like it's a Star Chamber. The people who designed this financial system are arrogant. They keep saying, "Well, this will never happen, well, that's where we have this valve and this valve." If you use the common sense of a self-educated guy, of a farmer, of a guy who just runs his household, if we use the common sense that you have, if you stop looking at the global economy like magic and you start looking at it just like a macro version of your house, you will understand it won't work! No matter how many things that you do, how many tricks you try, no matter what you name things and how many acronyms you give things so people can't understand it, it still boils down to, it doesn't work.

So I have to ask anyone who's within the sound of my voice. I have said to you, please prepare, and the biggest problem with it is people will say, "Oh, he's just doom and gloom. Oh, he's just, he's crazy. Oh, those things aren't going to happen." And I said to you, Stu, how many -- I said four months ago and you said it was a lot longer than that. Do you remember how many months ago? It was six months ago, a year ago? Somebody can look it up. I said the Dow is going to be at 7500. People said to me at the time, "That's crazy, Glenn." I think at the time I said it was at 13,000. "That's crazy. Do you know what it would do to the economy?" I said, "Yes, you're missing the point. Yes, I do understand. I know what that means." Well, we hit 7500 last week. We're going to hit 5,000, not because of anything else other than this system is not going to stand. We're not allowing the purge of the system. We're propping up -- we haven't learned our lesson from the Nineties and the dot-com bubble. You are creating a money bubble. First it was the dot-com bubble. It popped because it wasn't real. And to save the dot-com bubble and to save us from all of that pain of what that would cost, what we did is we created another bubble. By pumping more money in, making it easier to get loans, we pumped another, more money into it and people went out and they bought stuff. So we created a housing bubble and a credit bubble. Well, now that that has popped, what are we doing? We're creating another bubble but, gang, it's the last bubble. It is the money bubble. We are pumping money into the system.

Now, they will tell you that $7.4 trillion, that's just pledged money, that's just to give people confidence. Understand that we were at the top -- do you remember two years ago, three years ago, five years ago I was trying to get a hold of David Walker to find out about the actual national debt and how on the edge we are on the national debt? That's when we knew at the time we had $7 trillion in debt and at the time I think $45 trillion on Social Security and Medicare. We've added to that. Now we have a $10 trillion debt, and the same people that told us the debt is going to kill us, the debt, we've got -- we can't fight this war, we can't afford these things, look at the debt, the debt, the debt, are the same people, both Republican and Democrat now that are telling us the debt doesn't matter. The debt matters! The debt matters in your house. Stop looking at it as magic tricks.

Most Popular Stories:

Glenn Beck: Goodbye $700 billion...hello $7.4 trillion!
Glenn Beck: Teen commits suicide live on web
Picture of the Day - November 24, 2008
Sarah Palin Bikini Pictures
Glenn Beck: Fake conservatives are media's delight
Glenn Beck: Nigerian email scam nets 400k
Glenn Beck - Emanuel: 'You never want a serious crisis to go to waste'
Glenn's run in at Wendy's
Glenn's erotic caller
Glenn Beck talks with Jonah Goldberg

Ads by Google:

Credit Card Debt Relief
Eliminate Your Debt in 12-36 Months
See How We Can Help! 800-319-6551
NationalDebtSolutions.net

Ready to Cut Your Debt?
Cut Credit Card Debt up to 60%
Be Completely Debt Free Fast!
Bills.com

$1000 Gold? FREE Report
What’s driving the high price of
gold and how you can profit.
www.ConstitutionMining.com

Glenn Beck Tickets
Glenn Beck Tickets.
Sold Out? Not at StubHub. Buy Now.
www.StubHub.com

© 2008 Premiere Radio Networks, All Rights Reserved.
Advertise with us | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Copyright & Trademark Notice | Streaming Help
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I thought the good people on ATS should see this. I knew the 700 Billion dollar bailout was just the beginning. Please feel free to comment on this. I hope I didn't cause any one to loose sleep, I probably will.

Peace to all ................Except you Neo Cheaters Im getting my pitch fork ready.........................

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's funny but anything over a few million, and I can really notice my self loosing comprehension - And I do consider my self to be able to handle numbers

Seriously a million is tangible to me, but even though I know the difference between a billion and a trillion is literally an order of magnitude... When numbers get that large they are just (almost) meaningless.

This is good...

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but someone did a good job of putting that figure into perspective:
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate Washington spends it.

Cant vouch for the numbers though - I've not checked them

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
$25,000 for every American.

Not taxpaying American... Every person in America.

Good Job FED!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I heard on CNBC today that the new Paulson plan is to leverage the $700 billion bailout into $7 trillion by applying it, I guess, to the fractional reserve system. The $20 billion going to prop up CitiGroup thus leverages $200 billion. The commentator said that this type of leveraging was what got us into the mess we're in to begin with. Now it is being tried as the solution to the very problem it created. I don't have much confidence it will be successful this time around, either.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I heard on CNBC today that the new Paulson plan is to leverage the $700 billion bailout into $7 trillion by applying it, I guess, to the fractional reserve system. The $20 billion going to prop up CitiGroup thus leverages $200 billion. The commentator said that this type of leveraging was what got us into the mess we're in to begin with. Now it is being tried as the solution to the very problem it created. I don't have much confidence it will be successful this time around, either.

It's called fractional reserve lending and it is the single most heinous conspiracy ever perpetrated upon civilization, surpassing even the global religious institutional abuses of power - and that's saying something!

How do they get away with it?

Because all of us dissenting conspiracy theorists are nuts!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
$8.5 trillion now.

Can you provide a link to your source article?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
$7, $8, $9, $10, $20 trillion........

Pick any number infact.....

They will all pail into insignificance if the derivatives market is allowed to unwind........

This is what they are desperately trying to avoid.....!

MR

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This e-mail transcript cannot be used as a source and is an OP/ED piece anyway. GB references the Drudge Report, which in turn references a Bloomberg article and was already posted as a News Article.

U.S. Pledges Top $7.7 Trillion to Ease Frozen Credit

Please post your comments in this thread.

Thread closed.

top topics

join