It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody Wanna Help?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hey folks. I wanted to make a thread dedicated to the research of crop circles. I decided to put it in the Aliens and UFOs forum because, well, I believe that they are responsible for a lot of what we see on the ground.
However, due to the very nature of the enigma, no matter where I put the thread it will be open to criticism because there is so much that is simply unknown.
That is what I'd like to put to an end.
I was reading through the old Arecibo Message thread created by Mike Singh (great read, btw) and something hit me. (Well, a few things struck me odd, and I won't get into all of it as this isn't really another Arecibo thread.)
I don't know if anybody else feels this way about the crop circle thing or not but it seems to me there are a lot of clues being thrown at us but not in a way people tend to expect. The entire Chilbolton thing is what set it off in my mind. A couple of visual examples.
www.lucypringle.co.uk... This circle was found in August of 2000. Which later could be shown to be the "communication device" that ET uses to contact us.
This next one was found precisely one year later in the same field... The Arecibo Reply. www.lucypringle.co.uk...
And then this one was found one year later, not in the same field, but next to a radio tower also. www.lucypringle.co.uk...

What I'm getting at here is that the particular circles that seem to have messages encoded in them sometimes seem to be elaborated on year after year. What I would hope this thread could do would be a place where people can investigate this and share their results. I think the problem with crop circle research is that we aren't getting the whole picture.
Things to look for would be glyphs that are similar to one another in any way shape or form but also to take note of exactly when and where they were found... Look for a pattern. The reason I ask for help is because I don't think I can personally dedicate the time needed to keep this thread alive with just my own observations.
So, how about it? If I don't get any takers, I'll continue on my own but my findings will most likely have to be made in new threads every time I find them and once again, I would lose the bigger picture.

Here is another example of what I'm talking about... August 2001, Milk Hill (I'm sure most are familiar with this one) www.lucypringle.co.uk...
Two years later, August 2003 Milk Hill (notice how both of these formations use simple circle ratios to illustrate a beautiful design) www.lucypringle.co.uk...
In both of the above cases, I didn't find any circles similar to these during the same month of the same year. But both show up in the same place, same time of year.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I share your interest. It's a tricky subject because from the outside it seems ridiculous due to the high amount of hoaxes but after looking into crop circles, especially those you link to it seems this area could hold some intriguing clues.

For a great theory/explaination of the circles you link to check out the Nassim Haramein lecture from 2hrs 10mins... like most of his lectures it's mind blowing.

Google Video Link

Fixed Video embed

[edit on 11/23/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I believe that I've seen the lecture. Good stuff.

Anyhow, here is something about the Arecibo Reply glyph that caught my eye.

First, here is a picture I took of the Arecibo Radio Telescope with Google Earth (hoping I did this right and it will link you to the picture)

It needs to be viewed next to the "communication device" glyph.

I think it could be that the glyph is just another representation of the Telescope we used to send the message. Which would be an implication that the Glyph Makers are here on Earth also...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I like to think the glyph crop pattern is a clue that points to the fractal nature of our existence. The crop pattern shows a fractalisation spreading from a singularity. Maybe pointing towards a collective consciousness, which would indeed point towards new, higher methods of communication.

Sorry forgot to S and F when I read first time.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think you very well could be right. However, when we look at these glyphs in isolated cases, you don't really pick up on the whole picture.
What ends up happening is you are looking at a snapshot of a very cool geometric design. I think there is an evolution of the glyphs, so to speak.

A lot of these designs show up in the same place year after year, with slight variations.

And some of them are quite simply messages.

www.lucypringle.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Jay-in-AR

There are two kinds of crop circles: authentic which are made by alien life, and those manmade.

Authentic crop circles are created by alien life for any and all people of our world to witness. They are coded messages to show a history of visitation and intention. They are coded to protect authorship and will be revealed. Teams of humans professionally work on studying their makeup, cataloging photos, and deciphering the codes. Humans do not know the codes yet.

Phoney crop circles are supported by certain professional human groups to discredit authentic crop circles. These humans are employed by governments and special interest groups who do not want true information about alien visitation and intention to be known publicly. These humans also claim authorship of authentic crop circles. This is considered a skilled art in their circles and teams compete for most elaborate designs, timing and neatness.

None of the designs you posted links to are made by alien life. The earliest photos of crop circles yield the largest number of authentic.

Any crop circle that resembles anything human is human-made.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthSister

You speak of this as if you have the answers at hand.
I realize that many are made by mere humans. That isn't really the direction I wanted this thread to move towards. I don't want a debate on the authenticity of these things. More of a way for people to investigate what shows up and when.
I believe there is possibly a connection to the glyphs based on when and where they show up.
For instance, in the limited amount of research I've done since starting this thread, I have found that all of the circles that appear on Milk Hill between Aug of 01 and 17 Jul of 04 are designs based on a series of circles. After that, one year to the day later, the formations switch over to a sort of 8 fold geometric design.
I'm still working on putting what I've found so far together, but what I've done so far is to look at a few specific places and search for similarities in dates and shapes. Alton Barnes, Milk Hill and Windmill Hill (Windmill Hill has, by far, the most complex formations I've found so far)... I'll post some of my results soon hopefully...
I've also dedicated a portion to what I would consider to be "script-like" designs and another for formations that simply look similar to one another.

PS - If anyone would like to give me a hand, they could start looking through some of the other places frequented by glyphs. Avebury, Wiltshire would be a good place for someone to start looking (I've found a couple from there that I had to go ahead and put aside to look at later
)... It would also be much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think all of you who posted here are on the right track.

Yet if you want to contribute your intelligence in the right way and share your interests with others how about becoming a scholar?

You guys can research to your hearts content about Crop Circles, why they exist and how they are formed.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't understand what difference the scholar title would make towards what research I can do and where. If there is a difference, I would enjoy hearing what it is, though.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I don't understand what difference the scholar title would make towards what research I can do and where. If there is a difference, I would enjoy hearing what it is, though.

The benefit about being a scholar is that only scholars can post in the research forum.

Well your research would be presented in the research forum. If you tried to post any research in an unrestricted forum your thread would either get flooded with incoherent thoughts and opinions or would be lost in the sea of traffic.

Your research wouldn't be different but it would be presented in a different manner. Research is research but if no one can read it how good is it?

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As I said earlier, one of my initial search criteria was for formations that simply look similar to one another. Here are a couple...

And

The first is a mandala design as you can see but it is similar to the Pilgrims way glyph in that it is a circular design with something "pointing" in a direction outside of it. Being a land surveyor myself, I immediately see these as a compass rose with a direction being pointed to. Anyhow, aside from the similarity in composition, I found something interesting about the dates they were put down... The Mandala design was imprinted on 7Sep08 and the Pilgrim's Way was imprinted on 24Jun06, or 09-07-08 and 06-24-06. Maybe it is just numerology, but the date of the first when added up equals the day of the month of the other. Also, the Pilgrim's Way glyph is composed of two six pointed stars and an overall number of 24 pieces to the glyph. The dates appear to correspond to the image.

Dang, I guess the photo was too large for the first one. I'll have to figure out how to resize it. Here is the link. www.lucypringle.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

And how would someone go about getting that title? I was actually having a very hard time trying to figure out where to put this thread at today. I didn't even realize there WAS a research forum.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthSister

Thanks for that. I had already received an answer through u2u, but I appreciate the effort. Now all I need are a few people to help me get the research underway and present it, but I guess I DO need some help.

Any takers?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I will help you if I can but it already sounds like we're on two different pages.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Alright, I may be way off base here, but I found these next images somewhat odd.

This first image is referred to as the Lockeridge Tangle, dated 10Jul96

And this one was also found in Lockeridge, dated 22Jul01

I was looking at those and started realizing that I hadn't crossed paths with any other glyphs from Lockeridge, Wiltshire. I noticed that they were similar in the fact that they are completely irregular. Then when I looked at the dates I saw that they were found nearly exactly Five Years apart from one another... So... I went back five years previous and found this one dated 30Jul91 (nearly five years again)

When I saw that last one I was wondering if it was possible that was some sort of aircraft. Then it hit me. www.stephenvillelights.com...

Whatever it is, the oddest thing is that I still haven't found any other glyphs from Lockeridge and that those three are almost exactly five years apart one another.

With a little math you find out that these three glyphs appear within Two weeks of being perfect Five Year increments.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Carl Sagan's Beliefs on Crop Circles

Hi. I've done alot of web searches on this subject. It's kept me quite busy many a night. But the above link should make you question their purpose.

I think the crop circles are created by these orbs(which are unmanned RVs) using laser to bend the crops in the manner we see. That's why the precision has increased in the last years. It's been planned from the start I think. Looks like it from Carl Sagan's book.

I could be wrong! Deja Vu_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think it is a big undertaking to decipher these images. However, perhaps it can be done with the intelligent life on ATS.

Some images are definitely math, as in the Pi glyphs. Why would they show Pi? Are they trying to tell us the glyphs are about math concepts?

And the fractals. More math.

What about the calendar 2012 glyphs?

So it's about math, calendar, and direct binary messages. I think it will be hard to find any one answer to the glyphs.

The JaynR photos seem to be the sun, with an arrow to the planets, 3.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

the crop circles above your post are very difficult to reproduce overnight with a few friends with planks and with such precision. however the ones you linked in your post are the obvious hoaxes, you see how unprecise they are? thats what you'd expect if you were craeting it from the ground with no way of having an overhead view to measure where the next shape must go, you can only judge it from the ground, hence a wonky mess in comparsion to the ones above your post.

you can clearly tell the difference between the 'manmade' ones compared to the more mysterious ones.

you can see how they were made without effort, you can even see the entry and exit paths.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Tractors made those images. You can see the tiremarks/roads created through all the images. I thought this was common knowledge by now? If there weren't tire tracks, perhaps it would be more believable, cause I doubt one would go to all the manual labor to make images that large. A tractor could do that in one day. I own one though not we're I currently reside lol.

When one lives in the country, they find all kinds of way to pass their time, including laughing at the conspiracy theories and cashing those interview checks and banking those tourism dollars.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Perseus Apex]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join