It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benjamin Franklin was in Hellfire and possible murders???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
www.associatedcontent.com... n_franklin_and_his_membership_in.html?cat=37]Click link for full article.

In addition to being a member of the Freemasons, an ancient fraternity linked to the occult, Franklin was also a member of "The Hellfire Club," when he lived in England. The Hellfire Club was an exclusive, English club that met sporadically during the mid 18th century. Its purpose, at best, was to mock traditional religion and conduct orgies. At worst, it involved the indulgence of satanic rites and sacrifices. The club to which Franklin belonged was established by Francis Dashwood, a member of Parliament and friend of Franklin. The club, which consisted of "The Superior Order," of 12 members, allegedly took part in basic forms of satanic worship. In addition to taking part in the occult, orgies and parties with prostitutes were also said to be the norm. It is said that all of the members of the society had political affiliations and political gossip was exchanged among the members as well as favors.

In addition to promoting orgies and worshiping Satan, the members of the club, which was set up as a mock monastery, the members calling one another "Brother" and the prostitutes being referred to as "nuns," made public sacrifices to the deities Bacchus and Venus

All of the tales of Franklin's debauchery and satanic worship might be amusing nearly 250 years later, except for the fact that in 1998, workmen dug up the remains of ten bodies hidden beneath the former London home of Benjamin Franklin. This incident was reported on February 11, 1998 by the Sunday-Times news company in the United Kingdom. Although it never was reported in the United States, where Franklin is practically an icon. The bodies were that of four adults and six children and were found buried beneath the basement kitchens. The remains were determined to have been buried during the period which Franklin lived at the house. According to Evangeline Hunter-Jones, the deputy chairman of the Friends of Benjamin Franklin House, the charity that was restoring the property, the bones were buried very deep and it was possible that there might even be more bodies buried. Hunter-Jones theorized that the reason the bones were buried so deed was not so much to conceal the odor of a rotting corpse, but to hide the fact that the bodies were there in the first place; as grave robbing was illegal.

This is one of our "Founding Fathers"??? No wonder our country is going to hell....is this news to all of you, too?? I had never heard about this in all my life....

[edit on 20-11-2008 by scrubsnstuffkim]

Mod Note:Using External Quote Tags.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i heard about it about a year ago. the sad part is, you could show this story to the american public and all you'd get would be disbelief and laughter (from most). most people don't want the truth from the past, present or future. those who reject truth will only find death.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is a very popular set of rumors about the Hellfire Club, but alas there exists no substantial evidence to prove that they engaged in any honest-to-god devil-worshipping, at least in a serious sense. They indeed positioned the character of "the Devil" as the president of the club, but only because he was the emblem of debauchery, pleasure and all good things unacceptable to the Church. They did not genuinely posit the existence of the Devil or worship him as a genuine entity, and there is no evidence to prove that they engaged in Satanic rituals or rites. It makes for a good story, but it doesn't appear to be true. The purpose of the club was apparently to satirize and poke fun at religion and the puritanical society of the time. It was a place of raucous and immoral (by church standards) behavior, no doubt, but nothing sinister--unless you consider sexually liberal behavior, fostering of dissident voices and disrespectful speech and treatment of the Church "sinister".

With regards to the story of bodies beneath Franklin's house, I'll have to look into it. I wouldn't be too shocked--then again, not much shocks me--but I just haven't heard of this story until now.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Associated Content is a website that people post their own articles. Just because a work is accepted to be published does not make it true.

It just means the person accepting might have thought it was a good read.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Duly noted....I saw an episode of "Cities of the Underworld" on the History Channel that told all about the Hellfire Club, and I had never heard of that...when I researched that specific information, I came across the article that I posted a link to....I haven't tried to find it in "mainstream media" simply because you never know what to believe with them either!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The area around Adelphi House in London, which is near the Royal Society of the Arts and various corporations housed in Adams Street nearby, is interesting indeed. Underground there is a private club, the 'Adams Street Club'. Those who sponsor schools and education are also in the area. This is only a few streets away from Benjamin Franklin's house, and some from the Royal Society of the Arts were implicated in the existence of bodies under the house.

The youtube video 'Ark and the Adam's Family' demonstrates what is going on in this location. The comments are also worth reading.

(Yet to figure out how to post vids on this forum!)

top topics

join