It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush - New act could potentially destroy our planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I came across this today and I can't believe no one has mentioned this,

President Bush is trying to pass an act that will allow drilling and mining projects to go ahead without the consent of scientific study, thus potentially wiping out endaged species of wild life. This man has no morals whatsoever its all money money money! I for one am outraged by this and wanted to bring it to everyones attention.

This shows in black and white how the Bush administration works.

The Bush administration wants to make it easier for drilling, mining and major construction projects to go ahead without a full scientific assessment.

Under current rules, the impact of such projects must be assessed by experts.

Link to source

I can't tell you how angry and furious I am about this
We should be passing more laws to protect our environment not to allow huge multi national companies to destroy it for the sake of more bits of paper!

I am a firm believer that it is never to late to save our environment.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
that guy tries to be god!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
And you can guarantee those same companies benefiting from this will have an investor named Bush, and another named Cheney, and a third named Rice.

A part of me wants to say"Ha! Told you so!" and point out that the American people have let all of this happen, while doing nothing about it.
But I think many Americans are finally waking up and realizing what they've allowed to happen in their name. It's just a few years too late.

This will go through I bet. And the whole world will be reeling from the affects of this disastrous administration for decades.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Oh Bush Jr. has been a busy little beaver destroying everything he can get his greedy little hands on these last eight years. How much you want to bet he either has friends that are top elite logging people or he "owes" a favor to this industry? As far as oil, he's a "oil man" so your post doesn't surprise me.

JUNEAU, Alaska, January 25, 2008 (ENS) - Today, the Bush administration put a "for sale" sign on trees in pristine roadless areas of the Tongass rainforest in Alaska - America's largest national forest.

This move by Bush officials to reverse roadless area protections parallels two others made recently in national forests located in Idaho and Colorado.

Conservationists from across the country are indignant that roads will be punched through some of the nation's last, best roadless areas to allow private corporations to log America's public lands.

The few remaining roadless areas of our national forests are some of the only safe harbors for America's wildlife," said Mary Beth Beetham at Defenders of Wildlife. "As global warming threatens to dramatically change the landscape we must have the foresight to preserve these last remaining pristine forests for future generations. It's folly for the Bush administration, in its last few months, to work to destroy these areas

In December 2003, Bush officials "temporarily" exempted Alaska's Tongass rainforest from the Clinton era Roadless Rule, designed to protect 58 million acres of roadless wild forests in 39 states.

The Bush administration's new management plan for the Tongass National Forest will raise no revenue for the U.S. government, as the U.S. taxpayers will have to pay to build the roads the timber companies need to access the forest.

"With so much of our forest heritage already lost, every roadless acre counts. The spectacular roadless areas in Alaska deserve as much protection as those in every other state," said Larry Edwards with Greenpeace in Sitka, Alaska

"The Roadless Rule and the courts have sheltered many of the last, best places in our national forests, even during an administration hostile to forest protection. Now, with one foot out the door, Bush officials are looking for whatever way they can to give away the family silver," said Franz Matzner at the Natural Resources Defense Council.

Tongass logging fell dramatically in the 1990s, and for years now has existed at levels that do not require slicing roads and clearcuts into virgin old-growth forests, as the Forest Service itself has acknowledged

"The new plan suffers from the same central problem as the old plan. It leaves 2.4 million acres of wild, roadless backcountry areas open to clear cutting and new logging roads," said Earthjustice attorney Tom Waldo. "The Tongass is worth a whole lot more to the American people as a standing forest than it is as a sea of stumps and logs."

Our 43rd President will go down as the worst president in history as well as the one who sold his soul to the large Corporations at the expense of the American People and the entire planet.

Thank God King George's reign is about over.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

We should be passing more laws to protect our environment not to allow huge multi national companies to destroy it for the sake of more bits of paper!

If Gore had won we would have had more enviromental laws however the American people chose a tough cowboy vs an intellect so this is what they got.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am beginning to believe that Bush desires to ensure that he goes down as the worst and most damaging president in American history. For once, he definitely has my vote.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

If Gore had won we would have had more enviromental laws however the American people chose a tough cowboy vs an intellect so this is what they got.

I agree with Gore but Bush wasn't chosen, the figures were manipulate that allowed him to slip in through the back entrance, if I remember correctly his swearing in ceromony had to be done in a secure area because so many people hated him, didn't they throw eggs at his car aswell?

You mention that he is OWES the elite companies but isn't his dad the fat controller of these companies? therefore, I would substitute owes for 'YOU WILL DO AS I SAY SON!'

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Please explain why Gore backpedaled on the Global Warming issue and is now calling it Climate Change. Gore is just trying to make a buck off of you.

Gore Raises $5 Billion for Investment Fund

www.iht.com...

Pure genius. Our climate has been forever changing for millenniums.

Some parts of the Globe may warm while others will cool. Pretty simple really.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Please explain why Gore backpedaled on the Global Warming issue and is now calling it Climate Change. Gore is just trying to make a buck off of you.

Damn straight! I am a firm believer in saving the environment and doing much more than we do in order to raise awareness of our the acts of pure greed and laziness.

I don't however agree with the Global Warming stealth tax. Yes our environment is changing due to natural causes however, earthlings do not treat this planet as something sacred instead the majority believe they can do what they want when they want with no repercussions.

IMO its never to late.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Gore Raises $5 Billion for Investment Fund

www.iht.com...

Pure genius. Our climate has been forever changing for millenniums.

Some parts of the Globe may warm while others will cool. Pretty simple really.

Didn't bush try this a while ago and get stopped?

As for Gore maybe it's because he finally watched the Penn and Teller show about his fake carbon credit charity. Then decided he better change it up a bit so if the law steps in he can deny what he did.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Save our environment from what? CO2? Pollution? If it's C02 you are worried about, dont be, the earth is now cooling faster than it was warming 10 years ago, in fact we have already cooled below the 1 degree that al goro was all freaked out about.

You want to save the environment, do it in your own back yard first, go clean up a small creek, pickup garbage that is polluting the water, walk along any highway and pick up trash. Contact your senators, govener to get prisoners to pick up garbage, let them contribute to society for once.

Short story...I was walking back to my apartment one day, car pulls into a spot, car was plastered with liberal bumper stickers of save the whales, save the earth. The 2 liberal woman got out of the rusty car and threw a burgerking bag into the creek in front of their car. I saw them and said"Go pick that up you f_kin slobs", they replied that it would go away by itself. what ignorance.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The trouble with posts like this and the 'I told you so' replies it garners is all when and good in the forums ( like ATS) that its posted on.
The REAL message ISN'T getting out to the wider audience and the general public .
Most people are ignorant of what laws like these mean to them, if it doesn't affect them DIRECTLY or physically then it doesn't affect them at all.
When will / can we start as a community get together to advertise that fact in the more 'popular' media ( mainstream television, Local/ National Papers) which will be heard/seen by more people than the 'dedicated' few that 'hum and Ahh' amongst themselves.
An issue such as this doesn't affect us directly apart fom us getting upset and annoyed at those in power and their cohorts getting richer but DOES affect those who follow after us , our children and grandchildren.
We NEED to look at the bigger picture people, talking and complaining amongst ourselves isn't the way to go.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. We should all be doing our bit. As for Bush I hope that he doesn't get this act passed as our environment is very important.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Gore lost, every single news source that checked all of the returns showed bush won by more that several million votes. Just because a bunch of old jews in florida didnt have the strength to push a pen like device and knock out a piece of paper on a ballot we had to change every voting system in the country.

Al uses more electrcity than 20 other houses combined, yeah, he really cares for the animals.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I must have been watching a different inaugaration. Didn't he get pelted with eggs when he was driven to the whitehouse?

Whoever says 911 wasn't planned by the administration is obviously in their nice cosey bubble. It makes me sick!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have run out of outrage... all that remains is disgust. :shk: :shk: :shk:

[edit on 20-11-2008 by grover]

new topics

top topics

join