It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stevens ousted; Dems eye power of 60

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm not blaming anything solely on Democrats....yet.

That's my point.

If they get their super majority, once things get screwed up, they'll have nobody but themselves to blame.

I'm not attacking them now or defending Republicans.

I'm a Conservative, both parties make me sick these days.

A super majority of that kind would be a choice way to expose the ignorance of far left ideals though.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I can think of things equally disgusting to me.

Censorship through the "fairness" doctrine, higher taxes, more government bureaucracy, a bigger welfare state, weak defense, etc..

Yeah, I can think of plenty of things the Dem's are drooling over that make my stomach churn.

Now see, if you would have posted THIS along with your other thread, you may have gotten a little more support from me. You see, it's sh!t in one hand and crap in the other. That's the choices we have.

You may think that a republican administration means more security. But, when you really think about it, this administration has made us MORE unsafe than this nation has EVER been by the way they have been invading soveirgn nations and making unsubstantiated threats. Sure, defense spending will be cut under the dems but that does NOT mean we are less safe.

Anyway, the MIC will ge their money regardless. That's how it is. They will get it through back doors or manufacture more 'events' to get it.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I agree. Though it scares me to see the potential of such power for the dems, it will leave the blame up to no one but themselves. If they drop the ball I can assure you that it will be a VERY long time before they see the White House again.

My big problem is that the alternative is a broken republican party that is as conservative as a the space shuttle is on fuel consumption.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

A super majority of that kind would be a choice way to expose the ignorance of far left ideals though.

A question. You would trade the good of the country for being able to point a finger at the "other side"?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I don't base anything this administration has done on what another Republican administration would do.

Bush was a beast of his own.

If we get a real Conservative leader to take the reigns, I believe the ideas of the Republican party win every time.

It's just going to take some time away from Bush and 4 years of completely liberal control to get the taste out of peoples mouths.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Absolutely not.

I've made that point clear in other posts in this thread and others. As much as I'd love to see that, I can't take what it would do to the country.

This country means more to me than any kind of political "i told you so".

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ya know I really have problems with people who want to see the (soon to be) new president fail.

Liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat we should want the next congress and the next president to do the best job that they can whether we agree with them or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I don't think anyone wants to see them fail. Because failure at this point in our countries history could mean that this country is history! I don't want that and I truly believe that most others don't.

However, I'm always concerned about a lopsided control of government. That has hardly ever boded well for any country in history. There needs to be a balance. That is what scares me.

Like I have also stated, if they pull it off then all hail president Obama in 2012 because he will be a shoe in.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I absolutely want what's best for the country.

From my point of view though, if Obama follows through with almost any of what he promised to do (or intended to do) it would be bad for the country.

It's hard to root for someone who is suggesting things you think will harm the country.

Don't get me wrong though. I'd love for Obama to wake up one day and decide he wanted to change positions on a lot of issues.

He'd have my full support then.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
However, I'm always concerned about a lopsided control of government. That has hardly ever boded well for any country in history. There needs to be a balance. That is what scares me.

As am I... I stated so in my OP. Doesn't matter which party it is either and I am for all intent and purposes an independent/Democrat.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by grover

It's hard to root for someone who is suggesting things you think will harm the country.

It must have been even harder to root for someone like Bush who just straight up lied to the country.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I never supported Bush.

I voted McCain in 2000 and only voted Bush in 2004 because Kerry would have been a disaster of epic proportions.

Thanks for generalizing me and assuming you know me though.

It must be hard to be so painfully partisan all the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I never supported Bush.

Good on ya... I never said you did. You saw that in the post?

I voted McCain in 2000 and only voted Bush in 2004 because Kerry would have been a disaster of epic proportions.

And the re-election of bush wasn't a disaster of epic proportions? Where have you been living?

Thanks for generalizing me and assuming you know me though.

Mehtinks you read way too much into my post... now who is generalizing?

btw, I don't recall ever seeing something that stated generalizing was a crime or a sin or even something bad to do.

It must be hard to be so painfully partisan all the time.

Not at all.. what's difficult is delaing with cynics. Especially those who read too much into my posts.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I'd agree with that too.

If Obama surprises me and does a great job, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about him and get in line.

For now though, I'll make my voice heard on things I disagree with.

I'm still pulling for the country first though.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Didya read my post Nyk?

What happened? Once again, I never said you were rooting for Bush.

Where did you get that again?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Once again, I never said you were rooting for Bush.

Are you serious?

It must have been even harder to root for someone like Bush

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Once again, I never said you were rooting for Bush.

Are you serious?

It must have been even harder to root for someone like Bush

Exactly.... you stated it's hard to root for someone who's policies you disagree with.

And I stated, that it must have been even more difficult to root for bush given that he did the exact opposite of what he said he would do, in fact lied.

How in that did I ever claim you supported bush? I only used your quote as a seque, and your quote made me think of that.

Now if I had actually said it must have been hard for YOU, then yes I would be guilty as charged.

However, that's something you read into it.

You saw something that just wasn't there... a phantasm of your preconceived notions about what someone is saying.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Well then perhaps we should both be a little more specific in the future.

Now if you don't mind, let's get this thread back on topic.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Apology accepted...

Let's move on.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by grover

I absolutely want what's best for the country.

From my point of view though, if Obama follows through with almost any of what he promised to do (or intended to do) it would be bad for the country.

Don't get me wrong though. I'd love for Obama to wake up one day and decide he wanted to change positions on a lot of issues.

He'd have my full support then.

Yes but what if he does what he plans and despite your expectations the country benefits... would he have earned your support then? Or would you continue in your partisan way?

Example... I did not vote for bush minor in 2000 but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I supported him after 9/11 until he proved himself unworthy of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join