It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's got a Nikon Coolpix camera?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Anybody?

Because I just got one second-hand. WOO HOO!

Wait, there's a "bummer side" to it.

The girl who gave it to us couldn't find the CD ROM with the software to upload the pictures I take to my computer. (She also couldn't find the battery charger for it, but, I found one of those online
)

So. I am wondering if anyone here has a Nikon Coolpix 3500 that can loan/give/...sell me the CD ROM Nikon View 5 or 6 so I can start to enjoy it.

Before you ask, I've looked all over the internet for the download of it but Nikon doesn't offer it anymore and I can't find it elsewhere to save my life.

Can anyone help a brotha out?

Thanks ahead of time.
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
My kids both have nikkon cool pix cameras. I'll have to check to see if it's the same model, or would any cool pix software work?

Why can't you just plug it to your usb port, click on my computer, then whatever drive it shows up in, click on that and your photos should be there.

I never use the software that comes with my digital cams.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well, according to the 3 hours I spent scouring the internet for the download, I a 99% sure I can use Nikon View 5 (original software with the camera) or Nikon View 6.

You may just make my day, Clark. Thanks for checking!

Why can't you just plug it to your usb port, click on my computer, then whatever drive it shows up in, click on that and your photos should be there.

I never use the software that comes with my digital cams.

FIRST thing I tried.

Cuhail

[edit on 11/11/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My kids cameras are newer and the software that came with them is called
Nikon Software Suite. Not sure it will work with your camera.

Did you check driverguide.com? You have to register, but I found several drivers for the Nikon coolpix doing a search for nikon view 5. If that doesn't work, give Nikon a call.

If you think my software will work, I'll get it to you.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Cuhail, not sure if this is of some help:
Nikon has recently announced two new software suite components, Nikon Transfer and ViewNX

Nikon Transfer is Nikon’s new utility for downloading images from camera or memory card to your computer. Nikon Transfer provides a simple intuitive workflow suitable for all users from beginners to professionals. Nikon Transfer will be included with the latest Nikon cameras.

FEATURES
  • Automatic recognition / auto start after camera connection or inserting CF/SD card.
  • Transfer images from CD, external HD other removal media.
  • Transfer images to computers hard drive.
  • Easy selection and viewing of images on up to five external devices before transfer.
  • Transfer image-data not only to a primary destination, but also to a backup location simultaneously.
  • Add metadata during transfer, both XMP/IPTC standards are supported
    Select the application the images are displayed in after transfer.

• www.dphotojournal.com...

Download Nikon Transfer for: Windows | Mac

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
    link   
    Well, a friend on another forum
    found me the download that I was looking for, so, I downloaded it and I am trying to figure it out.

Internos-That may be a much better program than the original Nikon View 5 that I downloaded. If the View 5 doesn't work, I may just download that one (ViewNX). Thank you.

Clark- Hold off on the e-mail. I found the original program. Thank you very much for what you've done.

You guy are classy. Thanks a lot.

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

join