It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrranosaurus Rex Cloning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
then we could add a little radiation, and then presto, we'd have T. Rex karate action heros that likes to eat terriyaki chicken while being trained by their panda bear sensai... =)

chomp chomp!

as a side note, I think that they'd most likely have to learn Thai kick boxing as their fore arms wouldn't do well with karate....

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Criminals caught disposing of bodies

ahhhhhhh

Maybe we shouldn't clone dinosaurs

hmmmmm... kind of sounds like the US government with testing LOL and homeless people and vagrants disappearing off the streets!

And then they would run out of food... can you even imagine how much food this animal would need to live!! I can see all the large game i.e. elephants disappearing and hippos disappearing to quench the hunger of science and some idiots messing with things they need to keep their grubby paws off of.

I don't think the planet would be able to sustain multiple of these animals any more. Eventually their food source would run out and then it would be people and then they would die out again!!

And then, in a million years time someone will dig up bones again and while they were trying to get to the moon and a few years later we will have come full circle the THIRD time

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

oh they would fix that by crossing the T-Rex with a gorilla. So then we would have t-rex's swinging through the trees and then you would know there was one about because the grund under the tree would be "scooped" out like the ground under a kids swing LOL

Hey, a Swinging T-Rex!! hmmmm... perhaps they will eventually be able to teach it the blues too? hell who knows!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They'd definitely have new material for a new Xmen movie if this thing got cloned and then mutated to where the body was as small as the aforementioned cat but the head grew to it's 5 foot dimentions...

It would have enough muscle to push it's head around and chomp down on it's victims, kinda like a carpet sweeper running around down the sidewalk chomping innocent victims that get swept off their feet..

Seriously though, if they do clone a dinosaur population that was minaturized due to gravitational issues or lack of oxygen and then found a way to contain that population in a form of zoo, that would be pretty cool I guess... probably have to clone the things using little lizards I think though.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Oh i can just imagine if these things got loose or the "implants" they use to control them were bugged or their "trial" period expired because someone forgot to license the software LOL

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
SO lets say we hope they don't do this. Why do people mess with nature!

You mean like every career field someone could enter in our Modern Era?

Honestly, what modern achievements don't qualify as 'messing with nature' ? The moment we were cognizant of making those bone tools we were messing with Nature... we haven't stopped since.

As for the T-Rex. If the gravity theory is correct..

Would it still grow to normal heights in our current gravity?

If it would, then it would also have imbalanced musculature and bone density, as it's genetics would be dominate in its development right?

If the genetics were not dominate, at least insofar as it was able to adjust to the new growing conditions, would it then be smaller, with properly developed muscle and bones?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It's hard to say, many more privative creatures seem designed to be able to grow within the limits of their environment for all intents and purposes.

Large Snakes like Boas, Some Catfish, Sharks

and I think Larger snakes actually came from creatures like the T Rex...

If so, a T Rex, might just be capable of growing, just as large as it environment allows for... given the conditions available

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Some might say that the Asteroid that killed them off happened for a reason, so that we could arise as the new Dominant Species. Bring back the Dinosaurswill be a very foolish mistake, as there time on Earth was a hell of a lot longer than ours.

But im not one of these people, I would love Science to clone it's very first Dinosaur, just have to pick the right one to clone first ;P

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The t-rex was a scavenger not a predator...and yes it would be cool,jurassic park nonsense
i would love to see these animals! and no after the dinsoaurs i think it was the birds? that took over...mammals were still living in mud holes and such and were pretty crap....

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Actually I think the dinosaurs were the birds

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Solomons

Actually I think the dinosaurs were the birds

whichever way,mammals were still pretty crap for a few million years....birds or not...but birds ruled the world for a while lolz now....

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

t-rex was a scavenger not a predator

Actually, there is a variety of branches in the T. Rex family of Dinosaurs, The ones I've read about actually were predators that hunted in packs - never heard the theory that they were scavengers, however perhaps that's what they degenerated into during their final days - after the asteroid hit that is.

One point of reference to actually observe the hunting practices that have been theorized to inhabit the T. Rex species is to watch the fight between King Kong and the two T. Rex dinosaurs in Peter Jackson's version of the movie King Kong.

Whatever the case may be, here's one thing I am sure of... and this may be a point to take seriously as it is a very sobering one:

Awhile back, scientists at the CERN laboratories in Switzerland announced the creation of anti mater within their Large Particle Collider. When I read the article the scientists said things like, "We're not too sure what we've done here, but it sure is interesting, and we plan on doing further research into this".

At the time I felt alarmed at words like these, because it made me feel that they were little children playing with matches, and they didn't care if everyone around them got burned... "not too sure what we've done here..."

Here's a statement by their spokesperson:

As Gabrielse puts it, "If you push reality really hard, good things always come out of it."

If science has this kind of mentality, who's to say they won't clone the T. Rex ?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'd love to see a real live T-Rex! Bring it on
Seriously, I would.

Think how cool it'd be.

I'm not sure about the gravity issue, how can earth's gravity change that dramatically when its mass is more or less the same, unless you take in to account the mass of the cosmic dust falling down to earth everyday.

But as I remember is the oxygen level in that period was much higher.

If the T-Rex were to be brought back today, if you consider the lower oxygen level and possibly the gravity, we'd have a cute miniature lovable T-Rex

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
WOW!

They've managed to clone the T. Rex with a smiley!

Take a look:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
One of my biggest dreams would be to see this magnificent beasts come to live again.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
With today's technology, it wouldn't be possible to clone a t-rex. The cloning methods of today consist of copying the genetic material of one animal, into an embryo in order to, in a way, convince the embryo to produce the same DNA, genes, etc.
It would probably be possible to clone a Mammoth through a modern day elephant because elephants are still alive today and they are close cousins of the Mammoth.

There are no known close cousins of the t-rex today that could birth a t-rex, and the genetics of it would be too different if we tried to use a modern animal.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Did we learn nothing from jurasic park? allthough, id would be intrested to go to a dinosaur zoo.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
A T-Rex would be useless on a battlefield. Too big. Nowhere to hide. It would absorb a few rockets and many clips of small arms fire before being killed. Problem solved. You could even track it easily from an aircraft.

Far more effective would be packs of Velociraptors. Man-sized, or thereabouts. Speedy, athletic, deadly... They can hide, evade and cause much more trouble in packs.

Clone them, I say! If there's a chance to make Jurrasic Park real - do so!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Why a T-rex (even if it were possible)? Why not a Triceratops, or Monoclonius, or even a brontosaurus? Something that is a vegetarian - It would still be a wonder to see.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by grifta

Something tells me if their foot is bigger then me then it doesn't matter if they eat flowers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join