It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drilling for Oil in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hi! I love your books. Excellent information.

I have a question - Why won't we REALLY drill for oil in the USA and off shore? I know we are to some degree. But we could be drilling so much more.

Is it really for environmental reasons?

Is it that we are saving the reserves for when the others run out or for some other reason?

Is it because of some agreement that we don't know about between foreign oil countries and ours.

Is it a way for 'them' to keep American money flowing out of our own country?

What are the REAL reasons??

The oil is sitting right there and we can't touch it.

It seems insane.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

President Bush just gave the mining industry permission to mine near Grand Canyon and many other areas. The oil and mining industry can drill and mine in many areas of the country, but they want more.

There are many environmental problems with drilling and mining, just ask the cattle ranchers in Wyoming about the ground water supply being poisoned. The idea of alternative energy sources (solar, wind, geothermal, etc) is not going to make big oil or the coal mining industry rich.

There may be environmentally friendly ways to retrieve resources, but they will cost money and the companies want the maximum profit.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Howdy FlyersFan,

Why aren't we drilling for more oil domestically? Very simply, the world is awash in petroleum. If there was any more on the market, the price might actually drop to $10 a barrel. And we all know the handful of major oil companies can't allow that. And the major oil companies - particularly Dutch Shell and British Petroleum - are not even American owned.

And yes, there is the argument that we should conserve our domestic reserve by buying foreign oil which is still cheaper to buy than the costs of new drilling. Of course, this puts us at the mercy of foreign oil. Most of the oil wells in Texas, for example, are capped. They are described as depleted but all this means is that it costs more to pump up the sludge than it does to buy from foreign sources. With innovative secondary recovery technology currently available, all these wells could be pumping at increased capacity, but again, that would put more oil on the market and drive down the price.

You are correct in that most of the oil business is designed to suck money out of the USA and place it overseas where the majors don't have to pay taxes on it. Most of the gasoline production today is in the Caribbean. But the environment is a whole other subject -- we are choking ourselves to death on carbon dioxide. We truly need to divest ourselves of the oil habit. And there are alternative fuels available. Please see the Chapters on "Is the Supply of Oil Peaking?" and "Is Free/Alternative Energy Being Kept From the Public?" in my new book Above Top Secret.

So the real reasons for no domestic production of oil are (1) to continue to drag down the US economy so as to create the New World Order, (2) to soak as much profit from petrochemicals as possible before new energy sources come on line, (3) to maintain the high cost of gasoline and petroleum-derived products as long as possible for maximum profit and (4) to maintain the power base for the globalists' monopoly over energy.

Jim Marrs

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Marrs

WOW!

You hit the nail right on the head.
I have had all those ideas floating around in my head but never was able to put 2 & 2 together that way. thanks

I'm going to purchase your book ASAP.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I did forget about the keeping oil rare so the price is high. It is interesting that oil is around $50 a barrel now that people are driving less. This also means that some of the oil producing companies are not making enough to cover their budgets.
I also think Russia will start using more oil than it produces as it grows back into an industrial giant. We will see them start acting nice when they figure that one out.
I really hope we start investing in alternative energies and electric cars, but the only company I can think of going full throttle on electric vehicles is Tesla Motors.

top topics

join