It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change of tone and meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have seen the threads on Obama sounding odd last night. However did anyone also catch this article in the Washington post, seems like there has been a change of direction.

Washington Post Article

Am sure this is after the secret security briefing. There is a linkage here and it seems like the full picture is known.

Am sure there are some important strategic links to the US here, that obviously most of the population just are never aware of for some reason. This is important enough to change opinion and direction on.

Anyone any ideas on what these would be?

[Note: conspiracies or ideas only, no racism or bigotry please; we are all people in the world and very much the same at heart]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
You need to watch the video of the press conference.

I saw no change in tone.

He was just tired.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I saw the press conference, and indeed he seemed tired. But the overall optimism that he conveyed all throughout his campaign was not there. It was not there during his acceptance speech either. The words were there, but he did not seem...himself?

Of course, that is my opinion.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
um that article goes back to June. When he got the nomination of the democratic party, so it doesn't have anything to do with his security briefing on thursday.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
He looked rattled to me....he looked like someone who just realized how deep the crap is that he just stepped in.

I noticed it. He looked uncomfortable..and sweaty....but it also had to be a tense moment as well when you know that MOST of the world was going to see it live or recorded.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
um that article goes back to June. When he got the nomination of the democratic party, so it doesn't have anything to do with his security briefing on thursday.

My apologies I had not spotted that. Please ignore this post.
thanks for the spot

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Has there really been a change in attitude in Obama?

I think you are all forgetting a few important facts.

Number one: Obama has been on a non-stop campaign at breakneck speed. He has made frequent appearances, been in meetings in Chicago and Washington, and had to deal with everything that comes along with campaigning. This is a very tiresome process. President-Elect Obama seems to have had little sleep.

Number two: President-Elect Obama has had a death in the family. His grandmother died a day before he stepped up to accept our nomination for his presidency. With all of this campaigning, speeches, and other spectacle, do you believe he's had time to process these personal emotions? Do you really think that President-Elect Obama has had any time to himself to grieve?

Throw caution to the wind and stop thinking that all of this involves some sort of conspiracy. The man is tired and does not have the time to deal with a lot of emotions that have come with him from all sides. He is trying to keep his public stride. Please, give the man some credit and place yourself in his shoes.

How difficult would it be for any of you to balance a death in the family with the emotions that also come from a new and difficult job? Add public scrutiny to every movement you make. It's a lot of pressure, yes?

President-Elect Obama's performance is a credit to his patience and tenacity. Give the man a break.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I saw the press conference, and indeed he seemed tired. But the overall optimism that he conveyed all throughout his campaign was not there. It was not there during his acceptance speech either. The words were there, but he did not seem...himself?

Of course, that is my opinion.

Probably because now that he has won the election he knows that He has to play along or end up like JFK. And it's probably hard for him to deal with. That and knowing that people are trying to kill him and forming plots and who knows who else higher up might want him dead to.
THats a lot of stuff to deal with . That and how our gov f'd up our economy. He has 4 years to turn it around and I think it's all a distraction because now he has to deal with this instead of other things to make our country better and advanced.

new topics

top topics

join