It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Read- Disclosure Under Obama Administration Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"If there was ever a chance to disclose the truth about the massive UFO cover up by the U.S. national security state since 1947, it could come under the incoming Obama presidential administration.

John Podesta, chief of Obama's transition team and Clinton’s Chief of Staff from 1998 to 2001, has been a longtime advocate of openness in government and a strong supporter of the release of UFO documents by the U.S. In a ground breaking news conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. with investigative reporter Leslie Kean in 2002, he urged the federal government to "open the books" on government UFO investigations.

"I think it's time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark on the question of government investigations of UFOs," said Podesta. "It's time to find out what the truth really is that's out there. We ought to do it because it's right, we ought to do it because the American people, quite frankly, can handle the truth and we ought to do it because it's the law."

Story Continues (Link)

I doubt it's coming. Under any forthcoming president. I think disclosure will have to be forced by discovery in the private sector. It would be nice if it happens though. I don't think people are as foolish as their government leaders think them to be.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have sent Podesta several emails to him at the Center For American Progress but have yet to get a reply.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
However, John Podesta apparently will not be in the Obama administration:

Today, President-elect Barack Obama announced his new transition team, which includes Center for American Progress Action Fund (CAPAF) President and CEO John Podesta as one of three co-chairs.

The media have floated the possibility that Podesta might serve in various roles in the Obama administration, including Energy Secretary and chief of staff. But today in an internal memo to CAPAF staff, Podesta put those rumors to rest. Announcing that he is taking a temporary leave of absence to fulfill his transition duties, Podesta said that he has no plans to join the Obama administration (source)

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think it was very interesting that, during the President elect's first press conference, Obama wouldn't discuss -- even in the slightest -- the top-secret CIA security briefing he received just the the day before.

abcnews.go.com...

I wonder if that briefing contained any information on extra-terrestrial contact?

Obama seemed genuinely nervous to discuss any part of that briefing, and completely avoided any questions about it.

For me, that is not a good indication that Obama is interested in any real disclosure. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If Obama doesn't know there's ETs by now then he deserves a shock. If you study the good cases, it pretty much comes down to either believing ETs are real, or a secret cabal has been around with amazing technology that they are great at hiding yet love flaunting in front of the world.

I doubt that's what they briefed him on though--my guess is Pakistan's instability and the security of its nukes, Iran-Israel brinkmanship, the double dealings of Russia and China, and probably our own current deals with the devil. From what I've read on the past history of the CIA and NSA, you learn how fearful other countries are of each other--most are smarter than the media gives them credit for and willing to negotiate. Obama probably heard about those that don't want to play ball.

top topics

join