It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a top secret plane?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
an x43a2? apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Real or not it kind of looks like the indian/israeli shadow warrior hypersonic plane.

SOURCE

[edit on 8-11-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
+1 for HOAX

As clearly pointed out by the detailed observations from ALLisONE and Badge01, this thread should be labelled as HOAX until proven otherwise.

To the OP: what's the difficulty in uploading the original images with the EXIF data to imageshack? Is that hard? yeah, because probably there's no original image, right?

I Suggest locking/temporalily closing this thread untill the OP makes his move and uploads the original pics with the EXIF data to Imageshack. Or, if he won't do this at all, then please, close this thread permanently, because this is feeling like all those others misleading picture threads here on the last months, where the op gets all the fun and we get served.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Judging from the clarity of the aircraft, it appears to be relatively close to the photographer. That would make it pretty small. i don't just mean small like a UAV, I mean small like a RC model.

The terrain visible in the photos includes Whitesides Hill, Freedom Ridge, and Groom lake Road. Nice touch to make the narrative sound authentic but it means the aircraft is flying over Tikaboo Valley. This is outside the restricted range boundaries and it is where all the tourists and spies go to watch for secret aircraft. "Black" project aircraft generally stay within the range and usually far enough inside the boundaries to avoid unwanted observation.

These aircraft are most vulnerable to observation during takeoff and landing, so the pilot remains at low altitude before turning deeper into the Nevada Test and Training Range. The photos in question appear to have been taken from such a low elevation that the Groom Lake base itself, including the runway, is not visible. Even if it were, the base is more than 20 miles from the observer.

The sun angle suggests the pictures were taken in the late morning or early afternoon. Testing at Groom lake usually takes place in the very early morning, before the majority of the non-permanent base population arrives for work but while there is sufficient light for safe flight operations.

The "airplane" is not a Lockheed F-117A, or even a model of one. It looks suspiciously like a model of the mythical "Aurora." It might be more believable if it didn't look like every over-enthusiastic artists concept of a supposed SR-71 replacement that has run in Popular Mechanics and other rags. It appears to be a shape optimized for hypersonic flight but which would have poor low-speed lateral-directional stability.

My first thought,upon seeing the photos, was that someone was attempting a more sophisticated version of the hoax that Glenn Campbell recently perpetrated with a picture of a triangular rock thrown off Tikaboo Peak. The responses in this thread have been interesting. These images are a perfect Rorschach test. Everybody sees something different and battles have sprung up over trivial details. In the absence of additional data that proves otherwise, I suspect a hoax.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ampaf707
Hey guys!
I notices that a few people requested that I post these images on imageshack. I will do this but it probably wont happen for a couple of days because I'm leaving to go camping this weekend.

Peace

In the time it took you to go through your thread and post this, it could have been done.

Another "In due time" thread.

99.9 percent of the time with these threads 3 things happen

1. Many people get a posting ban.
2. OP comes back after 1000 pages of flaming.
3. OP comes back with nonsense pics or videos.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renan
I suggest locking/temporalily closing this thread untill the OP makes his move and uploads the original pics with the EXIF data to Imageshack.

I'm glad some people care about the basics of image analysis. It's pointless to analyse a picture without first making sure the original exists. Imageshack is not the solution because it will resize images when file size is greater than 1.5 MB. It is impossible to check whether a resized, cropped or color corrected JPEG is genuine. EXIF data in itself proves nothing, but matching compression parameters AND EXIF structure with an original picture of the same camera make & model is a very good test. Even professional hoaxers are unable to pass this test, for example: chad/raj drones.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13
[more

Think so too, the Aurora, the TR3B. Around for quite a while.
This one was seen in Belgium in the 90's. I live in Hollland and I can still remember when that was on the Belgian news, whcih I thought was just awesome.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
These are the kind of threads that make the UFO community look like clowns. At the very first sign that this photograph has been through Photo Shop and the EXIF data has been removed DELIBERATELY, people should stop speculating if its an alien spaceship or military black project, and question the OP relentelessly, until they provide original images and provide answers to questions that could determine whether or not its a hoax. People should read the entire thread rather than the first page only and commenting that it looks just like what you saw once when you were out camping or whatever. It just makes the thread more convoluted than it needs to be and gives the hoaxer/troll a good giggle. By all means comment, but we need to pressure the OP in order to establish whether or not its a hoax.
Its quite clear the OP is deliberately avoiding providing original images and also avoiding certain questions. I agree with other posters that this thread should be labelled HOAX until proven otherwise, as its gone on far too long already. Rant over.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
it looks like a stealth bomber, google it and click on pictures and u will see how they look. they are in a triangle shape just like in the picture.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It amazes me that even though an enormous amount of evidence has come forward to suggest this is a hoax, yet people are stilll swallowing it hook line and sninker and posting responses of amazement, debating amongst themselves whether its a F-117 or not, which side is the front, where the wings are and so forth, and giving the OP kudos on his "great shot" , combined with the amount of stars he has recieved.

It says something about the state of UFO research where people so anxious to believe will swallow anything and revile and sort of skepticism (maybe not so much in this thrad with the revoltion part, but in others)

[edit on 8-11-2008 by NavalFC]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
this thing if it is real and not a hoax is probably some sort of scramjet like aircraft.

it is not the tr3b. if such a thing exists. not every flying triangle is the tr3b or even remotely similar to it. the thing in the photo could not be the tr3b or any type of craft that operates on similar propulsion principles.

The tr3b is either and most likely both,

1. does not have any form of stablizer, wing, winglets etc... it doesn't need them. craft like the tr3b if it even exists came most likely from the project skyvault program and operates using phased conjugate microwave resonance propulsion , similar in theory to advanced radar, to set up a standing wave solaton phenomina under the craft for lift and propulsion along with manuvering.

2. is probably not in operation anymore since it was most likely a test bed for the tecnology and the tech is much more advanced now and doesn't need craft the reputed size of the tr3b.

The lights on the bottom of the craft are interesting. but I don't think they are for propulsion. not sure what they are really. but for the craft to operate like the tr3b or other PCMR craft it needs that center light in the middle of the triangle to operate. the center light is a microwave diode gun which initialy sets up the probe beam that is reflected using conjugate mirrors , the outside three lights, back to the origional microwave gun in the middle creating over time a saloton wave under the craft. the shape of the wave, manipulated by controling with a lot of finess the outer beams controls direction and movement. the belgium ufo used this principle and was probably one of the US project skyvault craft.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ampaf707

it's definitely not the F-117, because #1, it's got no dorsal tail fins in the rear and #2, it was retired from the USAF on April 22, 2008, because of obsolete technology. It's not the Aurora, because #1, the Aurora looks more like a teardrop with fins, #2, the Aurora is too secret to be tested in as big a nosy blogger magnet as A51, the Aurora is in a location Completely secret, and #3, whoever would be in charge have letting the Aurora be photographed would be either be looking for a job or under a river right now. It's no UAV, because #1, it's got some kind of windshield. Look at the first photograph, and #2, a UAV wouldn't have that Bulge in the front.

The fact that you managed to get 2 photos of it, coupled with the size points to a new attack aircraft, probably stealth because it's got the angular anti-RADAR construction of the F-117. The size also points toward light ordnance, so it's some kind of light attack/bomber aircraft.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
F-117's are retired now I believe(?) meaning they no longer fly them..

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
1. The Aurora (YSB-1) is NOT a hoax, it is very real, and
2. That is not the YSB-1. The YSB-1 looks nothing like that, It would be A, too fast to take photographs, B, even if you were to somehow get a photo of it the YSB-1 would just show as a Heat-haze like blur, and C, it would just as likely be in earth orbit as in the atmosphere, and furthermore, whoever would be in charge of even putting the YSB-1 in A51, the Blogger magnet of the world, instead of a more secretive, heavily guarded base like Isla Nublar or Sanctuary, would now be rotting either in Guantánamo or at the bottom of the river somewhere. you have no idea how highly classified project Aurora is.
3. I don't think I need to say it's not a F-117.
!!!!! This is getting ridiculous! It's a hoax! I know almost every black project that doesn't have the prototype in a museum, and none have looked at all like that since Have Blue and the F-117 project blitz! The angular design is a RADAR evasion technology that's been outdated for nearly 15 years.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rumor-Buster

Ok, except that first of all, Y is the designation for a prototype and is generally a one off aircraft. So you're saying that there's only one Aurora and it's just a prototype? SB is a designation that has never been used before. According to you the Aurora is a Prototype Antisubmarine Bomber. S is antisubmarine, and B is bomber.

2. That is not the YSB-1. The YSB-1 looks nothing like that, It would be A, too fast to take photographs, B, even if you were to somehow get a photo of it the YSB-1 would just show as a Heat-haze like blur, and C, it would just as likely be in earth orbit as in the atmosphere, and furthermore, whoever would be in charge of even putting the YSB-1 in A51, the Blogger magnet of the world, instead of a more secretive, heavily guarded base like Isla Nublar or Sanctuary, would now be rotting either in Guantánamo or at the bottom of the river somewhere. you have no idea how highly classified project Aurora is.

So here you're saying that the Aurora lands at such high speeds that you'd never see it flying slowly? That must need one hell of a runway to land then. I'm impressed!

!!!!! This is getting ridiculous! It's a hoax! I know almost every black project that doesn't have the prototype in a museum, and none have looked at all like that since Have Blue and the F-117 project blitz! The angular design is a RADAR evasion technology that's been outdated for nearly 15 years.

Wow, I'm even more impressed now. You know black projects that are compartmentalized in every way? Doesn't that totally DEFEAT the purpose of it being a BLACK PROJECT???

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hey guys i'm Danny...
aka Sniper, from the UK...

1; I can't believe ANYONE thought that it could be british... (that really did make me laugh) my family are in different areas of the RAF and every one of them laughed when they read that part.

2; I can't believe how many people are RETARDED enough to even contemplate it being an F-117.

3; I really don't understand how the upswept wingtips would help a hypersonic aircraft, the amount of Drag/Friction they would cause at them speeds would be immense, and even the slightest cross wind would throw the aircraft spiraling into the floor.

4; I seriously believe this is a HOAX, too many people with far greater knowledge of Photography than I have brought up points about the Haze, the 'supposed' location and size of the craft.

5; If real, the thing is too damn thin to carry any significant payload and UAV is the most logical deduction, the 'BULGE' that some have mentioned would be an ideal housing for camera/signaling equips.

6; my biggest query is this.... on neither of the 2 photos do i see anything resembling a propulsion unit of any kind. Has anyone else spotted anything that could be a propulsion unit?

Blatant hoax....
F-117.... lol... i'm still laughing about that one.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rumor-Buster

Supply sources as to where you got this designation? Y is a prototype designation for starters, SB? B is a designation for Bomber if you didn't know. It sounds to me like you're just making up data.

2. That is not the YSB-1. The YSB-1 looks nothing like that,

"Aurora", IF it does exist, has never had a distinctive look, the only thing that is known about it, as far as it's design goes, is that it is an optimized aerodynamic design for hypersonic travel. That's it.

It would be A, too fast to take photographs,

I thought we already established this 20 times in this thread? Speaking the obvious?

B, even if you were to somehow get a photo of it the YSB-1 would just show as a Heat-haze like blur, and

Uh, no, you wouldn't be getting a picture of the craft in the "air" at hypersonic speed. Those of us who take photographs of aircraft have enough trouble photographing them at even 400 MPH, (from the ground), let alone over Mach 1 -- unless you are using some very high end equipment.

But again, planes have to slow down for landings, and I do believe Zap has pointed out, that this craft needs quite the runway to land if it never slows down.

C, it would just as likely be in earth orbit as in the atmosphere, and furthermore, whoever would be in charge of even putting the YSB-1 in A51, the Blogger magnet of the world, instead of a more secretive, heavily guarded base like Isla Nublar or Sanctuary, would now be rotting either in Guantánamo or at the bottom of the river somewhere. you have no idea how highly classified project Aurora is.

And obviously neither do you, since you've already named these said "secret" bases, that doesn't make them quite so secret anymore does it?

3. I don't think I need to say it's not a F-117.

Not again you don't.

Oh do you now?
Well that's nice to know that you are a walking encyclopedia of black projects and modern black aircraft, and modern aviation...aerodynamics and the like. Perhaps you'd like to display your reservoir of this knowledge in further winged posts, rather than making up ideas to add to an already complex conspiracy -- that is Aurora.

Edit to add:

According to you the Aurora is a Prototype Antisubmarine Bomber. S is antisubmarine, and B is bomber.

Kinda defeates the whole "recon" mission it was supposed to have doesn't it?

[edit on 9.11.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
hey folks debating what this is... given the evidence that has come forward isnt it kind of obvious its a fake? 2 different sizes? image data showing that it was edited in adobe? the lighting errors as far the "lights" on the bottom goes that one of the mods brought up...the distance/size scale irregularity that someone brought up?

this image is likely fake, and the OP is a complete lying fake.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join