It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

news.bbc.co.uk

Jacqui Smith says public demand means people will be able to pre-register for an ID card within the next few months.

The cards will be available for all from 2012 but she said: "I regularly have people coming up to me and saying they don't want to wait that long."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I remember when watching the NWO youtube vids it posed the question how are they going to make us accept these ID cards, and eventually the RFID chips.

I personally find it hard to believe there has been a great demand for these ID cards but there will be if they get their way...

JUST SAY NO!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Brits are slaves anyway. They have everything banned there. Cameras watching them. Government hyper corrupt... they still have a queen for godsake! And Brits talk like they are superior with their accent... it's just sickening.

Good brits, make a revolution! Or move elsewhere. UK is the epicenter of the NWO.

Sorry for my little rant on you guys. But your country is a shame of what it could be.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Under discussion here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/11/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

According to moderators under normal circumstances, the same topic can be discussed on different boards.

But yeah, it disgusts me that people "can't wait" for this. I remember watching a British news cast before with them talking about how "airplanes produce so much carbon," completely ignoring the fact that EVERYTHING is carbon. How stupid do they think we are?

As a side note, Nagi > Haruhi ◔ヮ◔

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just wait. Microchipping will be introduced at first by being the super cool-hip thing to do that only celebs can "afford". It will be seen as high tech and latest gizmo that everyone will want. Then they will make it so that regular folks can purchase them...heck they may even have designer ones from Sony, Samsung etc. Folks wont just accept them, they will WANT them. After they are so widely accepted they will become manadatory, but by then no one will really be thinking that it is some evil thing being forced on them because so many people will already have them voluntarily anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Just wait. Microchipping will be introduced at first by being the super cool-hip thing to do that only celebs can "afford". It will be seen as high tech and latest gizmo that everyone will want.

All they need to do is to build an iPod or a Mobile Phone into the human chip and watch people queue up outside shops for it, demanding it. With wireless power under development, it won't be too hard to charge one up - who knows!

You're right - people are so damned stupid. If it wasn't for the flow-on, collateral control measures that will affect me, I almost wish that the vast majority get what's coming to them.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
My name is Acidtastic,and I'm Brittish. I don't want ID cards,but I kind of look forward to when they come in,cos there's going to be a massive backlash against them. It's when the fun starts.

My name is Acidtastic,I am Brittish,and I WILL NOT HAVE AN ID CARD.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
what they are not telling us yet is what this scheme will cost.
The security industry introduced the licensing system about 3 years ago and the cost for the license, background checking and data verificiation etc means the license now costs in excess of £200.

The proposed National ID card is, I understand, to hold a lot more data, including biometrics. This, along with all the admin to verify and update existing data is going to be a huge operation and require a BIG system to host all the data. The cost I have seen bandied about by those in government proposing this card has always been between £30 - £40. Given the cost of gathering and verifying data for the security officer license system, how can this be right?

We also have all the insecure data systems and losses of data suffered by various government offices to take into consideration. Personally I think they are the LAST people we should trust with our data, more so as it's outsourced to private companies (who may not even be based in the UK).

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I don't understand what the problem is. In France we've had ID cards for a long time and it has nothing to do with any conspiracy, it's just easier when you need to show some ID ...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Demos
It's not a conspiracy. That would mean that it is done in secret. It's out there for everybody to see but they all keep watching the wrong thing.
Take a step back and look at the BIG picture.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's complete rubbish that people can't wait for this, utter nonsense.

I have a SIA License to enable me to work, and that system is completely flawed, has no benefit for me, and I have to pay for it!

The country does not want a national ID card, we've said it, loud and clear.

Problem is, as it is voluntary from next year, they'll slowly make criminals out of everyone who doesn't have one. You'll be deemed as suspicious if you don't participate, they'll make life very hard for those who refuse to carry one, and eventually it will be in your interest to have one.

The way I see it, things are bad the way they are, this will make things worse in this country.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Brits think they're superior.... because of their accent?

Truly one of the most idiotic statements ever seen on ATS

[edit on 7-11-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
My name is Acidtastic,and I'm Brittish. I don't want ID cards,but I kind of look forward to when they come in,cos there's going to be a massive backlash against them. It's when the fun starts.

My name is Acidtastic,I am Brittish,and I WILL NOT HAVE AN ID CARD.

BS.

You will bend over and accept it just like every other Briton (myself included).

None of us have the stones to refuse. None of the majority will go to jail over having to carry an ID card.

We already have biometric passports; this is just a passport for everyday use.

Yes its fascist and authoritarian, but nobody in the UK will care. Thats why we dont have any form of respect for natural rights. Thats why nobody cares that we the people are unarmed, overwatched, overtaxed and generally in a crap situation with "human rights" being substituted for natural rights.

The poll tax may have been defeated 30 years ago, but modern Britain is different... its apathetic and tired from constant protest, since it goes unheeded anyway. The height of crime is that the majority still keep voting in the same morons from the Labour party, despite knowing that they will continue to march down the road to authoritarianism.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I have to agree with V....how in the heck can you stand all of the camera's, survey equipment in Britain.

It would make me feel like an animal in a zoo. Just do your daily tricks....wake up, get out of bed, drag a comb across your head, go downstairs have a smoke look up you notice your are late.....and on and on it goes. Rat in a cage.

Good God.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well, people in the UK are doing what they can to avoid the ID card. It's not so much the card, but the database behind it which is the most problematic

Please check this thread;
Group says 'NO' to ID card
We are doing something... we are trying to fight it.

This saturday (8th Nov 08) there will be a No2ID stall in Plymouth city centre giving out leaflets and info.

The ID used in various other countries is a mere child in comparison to the one planned by the UK.

There was a web site the government set up for young people to have their say on the issue, most of whom shot the id card down in flames, so the web site was closed.
A video on youtube was put saying how good the ID card scheme would be, but nobody was allowed to post a comment (though the idea was that you were able to)... Somebody copied the video and re-posted it with the option to comment open... oh, how it fell through the floor...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

You're talking rubbish, I'm British and am prepared to go to prison rather than accept having to have one of these (or any other form of compulsory I.D. card). Hopefully I'm not alone in this but if I am I DO NOT CARE, I will NOT have one.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

We'll see. This isnt a personal attack on you, but Im tired of people talking tough and then wussing out.

Good for you if you are prepared to stand up for your beliefs, but until I see people doing precisely that I will be cynical.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think this is ridiculous, but no more ridiculous than the BBC's "can Britain have a black prime minister?" articles.

Honestly, do we HAVE to copy everything the Yanks do? Can't we just do our own thing, mindful that we aren't racist and therefore we don't need to spend every hour of the day worrying that we are accidentally being racist, by suddenly favouring 8% of the population over the other 92%.

This whole country is bloody ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I can't wait for these biometric ID cards...

Also here's another list of things i can't wait for:

A serious, life threatening disease, nuclear war, the loss of all my limbs and the inability of think.

Jacqui smith, please return to whatever planet you escaped from and stop bothering us sensible people.

Silly old cow.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join