It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashed UFO on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sorry if this threads come up before but...
the image on this link

www.anomalous-images.com...

seems to show a crashed on mars I`m about 60/40 on this. The uplifting at the front, the shape and seeming disturbance behind the craft seem quite compelling to me, but i have trouble with aircraft sometimes...

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Looks like rock, covered with sand, with some sand being blown around it, uncovering cleaner sand below (i.e. the "wake")

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What about the shape? does n`t look like many rock formations I`ve seen. also the large area behind seem to be more of an impact area...don`t know if you looked at the blow up of the image but the "impact area" appears abit more than the sand just having blown around it. winds blow more than one direction and surely there would have more covering of the area behind if it was just sand

though still keeping a very open mind on this one

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
cassini,

Great post!
According to Richard Hoagland it's a possibility it's Alien craft. I think so too.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As i say about 60/40 (in favour) of this. Gazrok makes a good point, its difficult to say when the images are from such a distance but if they can crash here, Roswell, the Shag harbour incident in canada and the rest, guess they can crash anywhere.

worth looking this from the site as well,

look out for the one with the image of something above Neil Armstrong on the moon

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I highly doubt it is a "craft" of any kind, though I am keeping my mind open. It could be a asteroid rock thingy crashing into the surface of mars, then the crater around it, and it blows up that thing of sand straight up. Then, the constant winds of mars would shape it in weird ways. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Inspectah, know what you are saying with this but how many asteroids have such an aerodynamical shape? If it was an asteroid given the size of the subject would it not have created a bigger crater? Or rather an impact crater would have formed, it appears more like a plane crash with a uplifting at the front and an impact crater behind. It seems more consistent with an object hitting at an angle, if an irregularly formed asteroid had done this the area behind would be less uniform. Going on this line if it was just a rock why the apparently uplifted area at the front?

"Then, the constant winds of mars would shape it in weird ways." True, and comments most appreciated help me form my opinions more clearly

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well judging from the time when these pics were taken with the capable resolution, and the corresponding dunes, I'd say that "craft" is well over a mile long. What ever it is, if it impacted, it would have "skid" further, or left a larger mark.

Oh but the ejecta blanket looks more like a slide, and the wall on that side of the feature looks to have been the source of the slide. The winds have blasted the surrounding areas but the larger features remain, particularly the fact that some dune features are still partly showing through the slide area, the ground probably isn't just sand so dunes I'd say are the wrong words...this object must be high too, maybe 1000 feet.

This site sure sucks at giving reference points for judging sizes. Maybe their zealousness caused them to leave those crucial bits of evidence out.

Oh perfect, I found evidence of the true size, though it doesn't help to determine actual size, other than that it is quite large. Too large to be any craft, a good sized hill (and if you've seen rattlesnake hill here in reno, you'd know that this is by far a possibly natural formation, rattlesnake hill looks like a giant tutle shell, as round as a basketball, and 600 feet high)

Anyways, go to the larger pic, by clicking on the thumbnail, and you'll notice small craters hidden in what looks like dune features, now under good resolution, those dunes would seem some 20 feet big, but those dunes are bad resolution not dunes, which can be seen by looking at how it overlaps the crater marks.

The surface of this land can't be determined it is too large a scale, I would imagine those "small" craters to be a few hundred feet in diameter in their own right.

The guy claims this object is only some 100meters at most, but I must disagree, it's just too poor a resolution to judge, compare viking photos with the face on mars, with recent photos.

The only amazingly intelligent object is the 5-sided pyramid, which I must say, the Mars freaks that geometrically aligned the Pyramid to the Face, are idiots, I remapped the geometry of the pyramid myself, based on the given info of the pyramid itself, disregaurding the face, and it is amazingly geometrical...more so than the contrived looking Mars freaks pictures.

I wish I could show you the picture, also the pyramid faces near north, I'm betting since mars's magnetic fields are localized into annomalies, that the 5 sides each correspond to a "magnetic north". If only I could find better maps of the whole planet...

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 23-1-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Judging by the pictures, Im gonna go with rock / asteroid.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Honestly it looks more like a wind blasted mesa, kinda like those chimney rocks in the south west...with more sand though along the sides, probably an old eroded lava shaft, and count the pixles, I did, and if the resolution is indeed 3.5 meters/pixel, then that thing is already over 210 meters long, and that is ONLY from shadow tip to shadow tip, not counting the overall slope structure of the said mesa.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
goes anyone have a link to the pyramid mason mentioned?

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
aministorial, click on this link to the site and wade your way through the pictures, there are quite a few on the site but I`m sure there is one there (anyway there are plenty of ther great images on this site)

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
aministorial, click on this link to the site and wade your way through the pictures, there are quite a few on the site but I`m sure there is one there (anyway there are plenty of ther great images on this site)

Sorry not sure how I managed to double post that

[Edited on 23-1-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"but how many asteroids have such an aerodynamical shape"

most of them.

As an asteroid enters the atmosphere smaller chunks and loose debris break off often forming a rough conical shape.

In the case of this "artifact" however I think its just an eroded cliff causing a dune effect behind it.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Cheers for everyones input on this

FM cheers for such a good piece on it.

GUess part of me still wants to believe that this is still a craft but I think this is where we all need to be careful with subject matter like this, you should n`t really jump to any conclucions when the objects themselves are so anomalus.

Hopefully one I`ll be walking on Mars and get to check this out for real!!! Would n`t that be the coolest thing

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Cheers for everyones input on this

FM cheers for such a good piece on it.

GUess part of me still wants to believe that this is still a craft but I think this is where we all need to be careful with subject matter like this, you should n`t really jump to any conclucions when the objects themselves are so anomalus.

Bogger done a doble post on this again think my PC is having fits today

Hopefully one I`ll be walking on Mars and get to check this out for real!!! Would n`t that be the coolest thing??

Still very interested in what other people may have to say on this particulary anyone who comes out in favour of it or is everyone happy its a rock?????

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Great pics. Although not hundred present about 70/30 in favour of UFO�s would like to see clearer pics but I suppose NSSA wouldn�t show them even if they had not to us the public.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Lets dig it up

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don�t know. It doesn't look like a crashed UFO. Although im not dismissing it either.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have looked at this before. It's most likely a meteorite or rock. For the people who said it is amazingly aerodynamic: you can't tell what the shape is below. Just like looking at a half submerged rock in the soil. Usually when I see a good skipping rock, the bottom half is all screwed up.
Keep in mind how long this has been there (...and no, I don't think I has been there a short time. Also remember that we have a army of camras on Mars. So we most likely would have caught something.). It could have been sticking out funny, but the surface could have been sanded away through years and years.
If we looked at the Earth's surface without being able to get close like Mars, we would probably see a lot of strange things like this...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join