It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen mice cloned - are woolly mammoths next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Frozen mice cloned - are woolly mammoths next?

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Japanese scientists have cloned mice whose bodies were frozen for as long 16 years and said on Monday it may be possible to use the technique to resurrect mammoths and other extinct species.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can anyone say Jurrasic Park?
WOW!
So this is getting scary. Do we really want to tamper with life on this planet to this extent? Maybe it is a good thing there are no Wooly Mammoths or T-Rex's wandering around.
I for one don't want to be resposible for cleaning up their poop out of my yard.
And what's nex after we master this? I'll give you a clue.
Miniature Dinosaurs anyone?
Sure you can have your very own Dinosausr, which one is your favorite? I can see it now. Little Billy is looking thru the glass at the local pet store and singing "How Much Is That Mastadon In The Window".

We are certainly living in interesting times.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There are some technical limitations. Mice are cloned through artificial impregnation, though there are no living mammoths to impregnate so it would have to be done in vitro. In vitro is multiple times more difficult especially given the size of a mammoth.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've always wanted to visit Jurassic Park. But please, no lysine protocols. Or life will find a way.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Earrily enough the author of that book died today (twilight zone music fades in).
What worries me about this is the ability to resurect the Nephilim.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well I'm all for frozen mammoth resurrection! there are a lot of things I would chose to revive just because it would be fun ! So here's hoping we get a wooly mammoth soon ! Huzaa!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It'll be awhile before we are able to clone dinosaurs, there's a lot less intact genetic material in bones than in flashy remains, which is what they are working with when it comes to the mammoths or the Tasmanian devil.

Possible, sure. But it'll take a good deal of research before we are able to use species surrogates.

top topics

join