It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Going To General Strike: YANKEE GO HOME!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Iraq Going To General Strike: YANKEE GO HOME!

www.opednews.com

A Week-Long Strike Is Announced In The Industrial Sectors

In a Continuation of the campaign announced by the leaders and activists of the labor unions to carry out demonstrations and strikes against the decisions of the Ministry of Industry, which prevented the payment of benefits and salaries of workers, a demonstration involving more than 3,000 workers was organized in the city of Alexandria (65 Km south west of Baghdad) By GFWCUI and IFC.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What a great victory have been achieved in Iraq!

General Strikes, coming next...

Everything we already have seen, but strikes? This is new one!

As long as US will stay in Iraq, there is always somebody to blame from everything, economical or security problems. US Soldiers will have to respond to those blames and attacks.

I dont know how reliable this source is, but first that I have found from this issue... If general strikes really begin soon, its truly a breaking news everywhere.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Clearly, the demonstrating is because of this.
"which prevented the payment of benefits and salaries of workers,"
Not because of anything else.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'd would have liked to see them try to strike 5 years ago. Strike and tell us to get out...good deal. Enjoy the freedoms we secured for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
yankee should leave iraq , they have commited genocide of millions in iraq and therby USa and its military is war criminal , who should be tried for war crimes against humanity

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Oh yeah "yankee go home" sure sure.
Then they would be complaining that we deserted them before their country was secure and on it's feet.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'm not saying that we should, or should not be there, that is a discussion for another thread.
If we just left Iraq and pulled out every soldier in less than 24 hours, they would be the first ones to crucify us for it, followed swiftly by the rest of the world.

In a Continuation of the campaign announced by the leaders and activists of the labor unions to carry out demonstrations and strikes against the decisions of the Ministry of Industry, which prevented the payment of benefits and salaries of workers

And yes they should have just paid them.

Fawzi Franso Hariri Is the 4th Minister of Industry and Minerals of Iraq and the 1st permanently elected Minister since the fall of the former regime in April 2003.
Source

Does "Fawzi Franso Hariri" sound like a "yankee" name to you?
Do these people even think before they open their mouths?

Just checked the Alabama phonebook and I didn't see "Hariri" listed, go figure... (I jk)

[edit on 4-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

top topics

join