It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Troops Are Not The Enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Mods: I hope I posted this in the correct thread. If not, I apologise. Please move to appropriate board.

I must admit it is easy to get carried away. I got caught up in thinking that a person would have to take a stand against the military should they turn on the people. But then I took stock and stood aside. I asked the question would the US military turn against US citizens if they knew it was wrong. (I cannot remember which thread that was. I am sure someone here will know and maybe can find it and post it in this thread.) I was told that the US military would not and I believe they would not. If the order was for all the wrong reasons I cannot see them going against the people they have sworn to protect.

There is so much chaos in the world. I can understand the need to gather in areas throughout the states - to train for whatever scenarios may unfold. And these scenarios can unfold on US soil too. And if that happens there will be many who will be thankful that the military was there to handle the situations.

Ever since I received a response to my question, I have been at ease. I truly believe that the US military are not the enemy you need to worry about.

Has anyone else changed their mind or do you still have doubts?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The first thing you have to remember is that our troops are also Americans, raised in the USA, raised by parents, and are the sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, cousins, uncles, aunts, and in some instances - grandparents of other Americans.

Say you're a soldier, the crap has hit the proverbial fan, and you are ordered to assault a community/town/city. The first thing that you're going to ask, is "why?"

Believe me, soldiers ask. Especially when the order or requirement is something other than the destruction of their foreign enemies.

The next thing that they'll think about is, "what if other soldiers are attacking my community/town/city?

Naw, now I'm worried, and I'm going home!

The only time I see a soldier becoming an enemy of the "people" is if he is guarding his post, and non-military personnel decide to attack/steal from his post. That is a justified shooting, military or civilian.

Our military are the very finest young men and women of this country. They are smart. They are canny. They are loyal. To their country.

By volunteering, they just wrote the US Government a blank check on their individual asses. Signed a blank check. Should their lives be required, then that's the way it goes, preferences aside.

Who, exactly, are they fighting for? Their brother warriors first, their families and country second.

To attack their fellow countrymen is the precise antithesis of their oath and their purpose. They fight for us, never against us.

The prime title of this post is the absolute truth. US military troops are not the enemy of the people of the US.

Our soldier/sailors/airmen/marines only desire that their country love them as much as they love their country.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Benjamin Franklin wrote that Private banking insitutions are a greater threat to all of our civil liberties than standing armies. They will throw the children and grandchildren of those who conquored this country on the street. He also said the revolution of the 12 colonies against King george was over a "fair currency" - (No taxation without representation) For the first many 100 years of your history the government ran from the interest on the money it loaned to the country and the people, untill 1904, When the US Federal Reserve Bank became a private corporation. All of the debt of your country is now being paid to private interests.
You are very right that your Military is not the enemy, They are being stolen from as you are, You need their help to take back what was stolen from you, not just the soldiers you speak of but those in command as well.
-Anonymous Canadian-

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You are right. They are not the enemy. They are citizens.

My personal opinion is that we should not have a Military at all. We should instead spend the time and resources constructing the most advanced defensive system possible. It should always be completely defensive. We should never have a military on another Nations soil. We should never go to war. We should deflect and nullify enemy attacks only. This is just my opinion, I am not offering what or how this could be developed. I just saying that the money and time we spend on the Military should be going towards this instead. I believe this could be done through technology purely. No need for human troops.

So I am not against the members of the Military. They are people and members of society just like civilians. I just don't think they should be soldiers to begin with, because society shouldn't require it.

As the Human Torch says "Flame On!"

Just realized this response is off-topic. Sorry!

To be more on topic!...

Yes I believe the Military would attack its citizens if they were ordered.

I understand the Military is made of individual citizens. I still believe they would attack if ordered.

Men were able to drop atomic bombs on Japan. Knowing they would kill women and children civilians. The Military is trained to take orders.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You're forgetting though that it only takes one military person to cause a whole ton of damage! Now that our weapons can kill millions of people by pushing a single button, then one whacko could ruin it for the rest of the military

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by k-string

I am not up on the technology or procedures but isn't there a fail safe to avoid the button from being pushed by one person alone? Aren't there security clearances, more than one key and so forth? At least from the US perspective. I am not talking about abroad - like the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by k-string

Shows you a big difference between the military personnel in the US and those working in terrorist networks. As far as I know, the suicide rate in the US Military is relatively low -- as far as those wanting to die for something just to kill others. Sure there may be some where it doesn't AFFECT them as bad, but none to the point where they'd hijack something just to kill others without concern.

Technology is scary, I know, it advances everyday, that's why we train our soldier to keep their cool, why we are careful of who we take (I know it doesn't seem like we are but...well...we are), and that we teach the soldiers how to use those weapons PROPERLY, not insanely.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I like that idea, but let me give you another side to consider.

"The benefit of the shield will be short lived if the other arm is not skilled with the sword." Michael C. Riggs (Edicts of Ares, Thirteen Absolute Rules of Warfare)

"The sword more important than the shield, as the shield will eventually splinter or defend the wrong side of a thrust." Michael Riggs

"Always attack. Even in defense, attack. The attacking arm possesses the initiative and thus commands the action. To attack makes men brave; to defend makes them timorous." Alexander

"Those on the defensive are so because they do not have enough to win; those on the offense are so because they have more than enough to win." Wang Xi

"He who stays on the defensive does not make war, he endures it." Field Marshall Colmar Baron von der Goltz

I referred to the book, Edicts of Ares. The author pulled the nuggets from the masters of warfare, and brought them together. Not a single battle, campaign, or war was lost when these thirteen principles were followed.

Defense is good, but the best defense is . . .

Just something to think about.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
Mods: I hope I posted this in the correct thread. If not, I apologise. Please move to appropriate board.

I must admit it is easy to get carried away. I got caught up in thinking that a person would have to take a stand against the military should they turn on the people. But then I took stock and stood aside. I asked the question would the US military turn against US citizens if they knew it was wrong. (I cannot remember which thread that was. I am sure someone here will know and maybe can find it and post it in this thread.) I was told that the US military would not and I believe they would not. If the order was for all the wrong reasons I cannot see them going against the people they have sworn to protect.

There is so much chaos in the world. I can understand the need to gather in areas throughout the states - to train for whatever scenarios may unfold. And these scenarios can unfold on US soil too. And if that happens there will be many who will be thankful that the military was there to handle the situations.

Of course the Military is not what you need concern yourself with, but rather Senator Obama's "Civilian National Security Force" is.

Military Personnel are Americans first and foremost, and they have Mothers, Fathers, Wives, Husbands, Sons, Daughters, Nieces, Nephews, Uncles, Aunts, Brothers, and Sisters, just like the rest of us. We are so fortunate as a Nation, since we have the MOST Professional Military in the World, and one which has never roamed our streets while conducting a coupe to install a Junta.

The United States Military fights to PROTECT the Constitution, and thus they will take a stance against Enemies of IT, both Foreign and Domestic.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
L, you know my stance on this issue - the thread we had this out on was the thread about whether Americans would stand up to US troops if we attacked them. You asked if we would willingly attack Americans and I think my response was "Hell no" or something like that.

As for "Obama's Civilian National Security Force"..... lol.

Bring it on. If SHTF - they'll be fodder for our cannons. Obama's CNSF.

Sickening.

Star and a flag for you.

new topics

top topics

join