It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Obama T Shirt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was watching tv and I think it was during an Obama rally, when I noticed the guy in the stands behind Barack was wearing what looked like to me a T Shirt with a picture of Obama on it, with red blood spraying out of the side of his head!

So I did a search for this shirt, here it is:

Is it just me, or does this design contain a subliminal message about Obama and blood coming out of his head? Or is it just poor design? I looked on his official website, and I did not see this design for sale on Obama's website.

Anyone ideas or thoughts? I have to say, when I saw it on TV it unnerved me a bit. It appears the designer was going for the red white and blue look, but to me, it turned out looking like poor Obama just got his brains blown out!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think you are seeing things where there is nothing to be seen. Its just red, white, and blue. Sorry tater, but your losing it.
JK

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This picture can be found on deviantart.com and has been around a long time.

I don't think its subliminal at all. Just artistic

Here is the original artist who created this:

Original Artist

[edit on 11/3/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Pretty ironic that one of the advertisers on their site is 'Subliminal Projects'.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow some people take poltics way overboard, why i dont even know because the entire thing is staged......like a big movie projector set. Obama cant have a shirt with red? Geez this is below topsecret me think. but whatever nice thread .

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Gillespie]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, GEL! What a coincidence, like schism says, the subliminal projects advert on the page/website.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I noticed that the white part of his face has an eerie resemblance to Abraham Lincoln, and the other side of his face dose not have the same shape in the shading. It dose seem to be a subliminal message. But I don’t think the one you are thinking.

without beard
www.mrlincolnandfreedom.org...

with beard
www.americaslibrary.gov...&imgrefurl=http://www.americaslibrary.gov/jb/civil/jb_civil_lincoln2_1_e.html& h=575&w=437&sz=44&hl=en&start=2&um=1&usg=__yxoDg94yhIQ2o4qcaHXZKlrAlPE=&tbnid=6SyZTh5PcoMdrM:&tbnh=134&tbnw=102&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlincoln%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

[edit on 3-11-2008 by acewilliams]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by acewilliams

Interesting observations, ace. From your pictures, I can see a resemblance.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The image is containing the colors red white and blue.
Wait aren't they on the American flag?
Gosh cant think everything is a conspiracy. Even though the shading does look highly suspicious ha ha.
Only thing that I don't understand, what is the logo or emblem on his suit pocket?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dion3976

Sure ya can, thats the fun of ATS, everything IS a conspiracy!

Thats his campaign logo, which now looks like a bloody road to follow.

Maybe I do read too much into a tshirt, but maybe I dont either.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Is it just me, or does this design contain a subliminal message about Obama and blood coming out of his head?

its just you

Ret

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Since I mentioned that the red side seemed a little off shape from the blue side, I found why. The red side has the similar shape to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's head. Like in this picture.

www.judiciaryreport.com...

Just the shape seems similar.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If you are really interested, the shirt was designed by Los Angeles designer Shepherd Fairey.. here is a link with some of the information:

"Los Angeles-based street artist Shepard Fairey is the man behind the design. Fairey first made a name for himself in the late '80s with black and white stickers featuring wrestling legend Andre the Giant. Fairey is known for putting his stickers and posters in unlikely and often illegal places."

www.npr.org...

His work is well known here in Los Anglese.. no subliminal images, no exploding heads

Ret

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think the OP is right. The T shirt is red, white and blue. However the Red stands for the blood shed by soldiers fighting for the USA. So with the red being over the right side of the face it is in fact blood.

All the above was sarcasm, please do not take it to heart.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You guys see this one yet?

McCain looks angry. I wonder what that means?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Funny.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
rofl

thx for making my night

Ret

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Get off the floor; it gets better!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The image was not comissioned by the Obama campaign, but has taken note of the cultural impact of the image. Here is a copy of the letter from Obama to the artist, Shepard Fairey.

While you may not realize it, you 'know' his work.
en.wikipedia.org...

Frank Shepard Fairey (born February 15, 1970 in Charleston, South Carolina) is a contemporary artist, graphic designer and illustrator who emerged from the skateboarding scene[1] and became known initially for his "André the Giant Has a Posse" sticker campaign. The Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston calls him one of today's best known and most influential street artists.[2] He usually omits his first name.

In 2003 he founded the Studio Number One design agency.[9] The agency produced the cover work for the Black Eyed Peas's album Monkey Business and the poster for the film Walk the Line.[9] Fairey has also designed the covers for The Smashing Pumpkins' album Zeitgeist, [10] Flogging Molly's CD/DVD Whiskey on a Sunday, and the Led Zeppelin compilation Mothership.

subliminalprojects.com...

SUBLIMINAL PROJECTS is a multifunctional gallery space promoting diverse forms of art while providing a forum for contemporary dialogue.

SUBLIMINAL, was originally created by Shepard Fairey and Blaze Blouin as an artist collective in 1995. The group played an integral part in introducing skateboarding culture and design to the art world, showcasing artists such as Phil Frost, Thomas Campbell, Mike Mills, Dave Aaron, and Mark Gonzales.

It is not that 'Subliminal' if you do the research...

The Artist has been criticized a great deal for 'sampling' liberally from historical sources.
www.art-for-a-change.com...

Most well known for his "Obey Giant" street posters, Shepard Fairey has carefully nurtured a reputation as a heroic guerilla street artist waging a one man campaign against the corporate powers-that-be. Infantile posturing aside, Fairey’s art is problematic for another, more troubling reason - that of plagiarism.

Perhaps the line of thinking that made you think that a conspiracy to hide Abraham Lincoln's face inside Obama has some credibility....
www.stickerrobot.com...

Don't think it some sort of conspiracy though, it is just that you are uninformed about what is going on the art world.

new topics

top topics

join