It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bumper listing of complete kit. Complete with current UK prices and suppliers. Everything you woul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hi folks,

what I've decided to do, after reading some old topics is to post the list I made for purchasing my bob items. I know there's loads of postings similar to this. BUT this is current prices for the UK.

Basically the list is broken down into 2 main parts. BOB and Long term survival. Each has sub sections for shelter, living, clothing, medical, Navigation, Utility and Recreational.

The list will allow you to survive very comfortably for any amount of time with the right knowledge. It's based around a PLCE 20l daysack for the BOB and the PLCE 100l bergen (the day sack attaches to this to make 120l bergen).

This file is only part of my listings. If people are interested I've priced up Medical gear, food supplies (for upto 2 years if needs be), Hunting, and Terrain info,* and Herbal remedies*, communications*
All the files are designed to compliment one an other to provide a complete
listing that can easily be bought in stages.

*work in progress.

The medical listing also contain details of a supplier in Canada for prescription drugs such as anti-bios and string pain killers.

The food supplies are based around a varied high carb, protein meals easy to cook and spruce up. A nice variety too. It also contains details on other essentials such as toilet paper, toothpaste, shaving equipment, (you'd be surprised how much better a shave can make you feel!!) A-Z vitamins.

Hunting contains supplies needed for long term living off the land and cultivating your own plants / herbs.

Terrain info is listings on my local area (west yorkshire), useful things to know such as underground water sources, good places to hunt, to lay up etc

The herbal remedies include some common remedies as well as info on the more common herbs / plants in the UK for treating and preventative measures.

Basically I finished my contract early last week so wanted to put my time to good use and plan out everything I may need. The file contains some notes on the kit and mods I am going to make / have made.

Hope someone finds this useful!

cheers.

EDIT:
ups cant upload it!!!! I'll post a link to my skyDrive in a mo

[edit on 2-11-2008 by IntoTheVortex]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
here is the Link to skydrive to get the file

[edit on 2-11-2008 by IntoTheVortex]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Interesting list, Is the Gelert compass, in Mils or degrees ? a helluva lot of survivies working in mils 6400, against the far less accurate but popular with civvies, degrees 360.

Thats why I took the lazy option and got a Silva type four tritium that has both mils and degrees on it

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Gotta have your PSP

But in all seriousness, that's one heavy sounding kit! Just an observation

Bigmoose

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
@NR, lol and why not!! what regiment was you in? ...its in deg's. Mostly because my mates and family have had no formal training and I figured if I go down or become a burden then there is no point me having kit they cant use.

@BM lol and its even better now there's a solar charger for it!!! bring on sitX I'll be happy
well it is relatively.A lot of the stuff is light weight, but its nothing I cant cope with to get out to my frv or even lup if needs be. Well packed and distributed weight it should be manageable by most fit chaps. It's nothing compared to other kit I've carried on the past though!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
haha,

dont mind me, im a skinny lad that can walk for miles but can hardless bench press 1000kg

we should have an 'official BOB' thread, so we can all post ours for reference and ideas like this!

I know its small, but i've just added a book to mine (your idea)

Bigmoose

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
yea there's nothing worse than being stuck with nothing to do! you can get into all sorts of mischief when your bord

I cant run for sh*t but am a pretty big lad, even bigger when I've been training properly! so long as I keep up with whom ever is *lucky* enough to be with me at the time I'm happy.

oh and well done on volunteering to be the scouting party

Of course the only way I'll know for sure I can still do it is to head out one weekend when its all arrived and packed up!

good idea on the thread though, and also coming to think of it fitness related. Which would maybe be a good sticky as its not something I've seen alot of discussions about

top topics

join