It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foresters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Foresters - Over the years, the Foresters had split into several branches: The Independent Order of Foresters, Catholic Order of Foresters, and Ancient Order of Foresters. The Ancient Order of Foresters claims to have begun in 1798, but historical records show its beginning as 1813. For its secret ritual, the Foresters used the legends of Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Little John, and the Merrie Men.

Now from what I have found out, these guys are now big time into money.
Almost a pyrimid typ of group. Does anyone kow a Forester....or are they just a front for another secret society?

www.iof.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A few years ago, a learned Brother presented a research paper at my Council of Allied Masonic Degrees on the Forresters and Oddfellows.
According to him, a large number of Forresters in the U.S. are also Knights of Columbus, but the two are separate organizations, not being fronts for each other.
I also remember that he had obtained an early Forrester ritual which he read in part to the Lodge, and which seemed interesting to me. The Candidate for initiation is apparently cast in the role of a Norman who is accepted into the Order of Merry Men. The Master of a Lodge of Forresters represents Robin Hood.
It is similar to Masonry in some respects; however, the Forresters are a sectarian fraternity, and admit only Roman Catholics.

Virtus junxit mors non separabit.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
yes but why are they so financial supporting? They look like a jiant oney making group.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cardsharp
yes but why are they so financial supporting? They look like a jiant oney making group.

I think they're sort of like Knights of Columbus and Woodmen of the World in that regard. They offer insurance programs, etc., for their members, which make them what is known as a "benefit fraternity."
I don't think the organization itself is a money-makng group. The fraternity is rather small in membership.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In the UK, The Ancient Order of Foresters or Foresters Friendly Society is a benevolent "mutual" fundmanager, and is primarily a financial institution for working men to paying premiums to for small savings plans, ideally for college funds, widows pensions. They also have their Autumn Gold Plan which is primarily a Funeral Savers plan for those aged 50-80.

The plans run by the company are regulated under the " Friendly Societies Act" and later " The Financial Services Act" and supervised by the Finanacial Services Authority.

www.foresters.ws...

There is however evidence of other groups:

www.blackdown-hills.net...

www.johnowensmith.co.uk...

(sorry, beware of popups)

And particulary in rural England you will find members of Orders of Foresters etc who are primarily interested in maintaining old farming, land husbandry and rural traditions. My late father- in- law was one, but we only discovered his regalia, certificates and badges of rank after his death, along with his Masonic regalia. His wife was completely unaware, he had not attended either during their life together.

new topics

top topics

join