It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Will Prosecute Bush's 'Crimes' After Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm wondering if what Biden says is really going to happen...

will they earnestly look into it, and announce their findings?

or will they simply say they are looking into it... and a month later say "nope! nothing there!"

I know from our perspective we'll probably never know, but Its an interesting thought experiment.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
President Bush has been tried in absentia overseas... There are a few countries he cannot step foot in as a result...

Well, lets hope Obama wins and we can add the United States of America to this list of countries.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

I haven't revealed who i'm voting for yet... (its amazing, I try to stay neutral, and I've been called an Obama supporter, and a McCain supporter lol)

But i will say that the desire to see this happen shouldn't be a determining factor on your vote...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Even if there was only a 10% chance of it happening, I think it would be worthy of getting your vote.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

I'd rather vote on the basis of a given candidate's merits, and what I think they would do for the country.

My desire to see the best candidate in office trumps my desire to see the kangaroo court they'd throw together for this...

It would be a dog and pony show to make people get warm fuzzies... and in the end, they'd say there wasn't enough evidence for such a serious charge...

we can all see that coming from a mile away.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
as much as everyone would like to see Bush charged with crimes, he won't be. Just like in all the threads that were calling for his impeachment, the Dems won't push the issue, since the congress approved everything he did.

congress authorized the use of force in Afghanistan.
congress authorized the use of force in Iraq.
congress passed the patriot act
congress passed every other law Bush wanted

If they perused charges against Bush, they would be facing the same charges.
Also even if Obama gets elected and if the Dems get the super majority in congress, they will still need republican support for their bills they want to pass and Obama is running on a change and Bipartisan platform, If he went after Bush he would divide the country and lose republican support in the congress.

edit to add: again we see a candidate telling a voter what they want to hear just to get their vote.

[edit on 11/2/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I don't think there is a chance in hell Bush will ever be prosecuted.

1. Obama and Bush and McCain....it's all the same. Obama is NWO all the way. Big time one world philosophy. Gave speach at CFR, etc, etc.

2. Even if he did prosecute him...don't forget that Bush has a private mercenery army...planes, tanks, the whole nine yards.

The elites will NEVER allow it. This is a pipe dream. I like to dream too. But this would be too devastating if I fall for it and then it doesn't happen.

Don't be too shocked either if Obama loses. Just look at 00 and 04. Anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberty1

I hear you man.

After seeing the fraud that was perpetrated in 2000 and 2004, I too know that no low is too low for the Republicans to stoop to in order to win an election. Even if it means making a complete sham out of our election process. By the way, if you are still online, check out the post I just left for the guy who started the thread titled "God's Judgment is Immutable." I have a feeling you may get a kick out of it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary
reply to post by Liberty1

I hear you man.

After seeing the fraud that was perpetrated in 2000 and 2004, I too know that no low is too low for the Republicans to stoop to in order to win an election. Even if it means making a complete sham out of our election process. By the way, if you are still online, check out the post I just left for the guy who started the thread titled "God's Judgment is Immutable." I have a feeling you may get a kick out of it.

Wow I kinda feel the same about the Democrats.....registering convicted felons, dead people, children, double registrations by college students (one in say PA and another in VA), the activities of ACORN, etc.

It just proves to me that "truth" is relative.

Back to the original question. I do not believe Joe Biden was telling that man the truth. As another poster put it, he was just telling him what he wanted to hear to get the vote. I'll give Joe credit though for being able to think fast on his feet.

Also, since truth is relative, and so is interpretation of the constitution, I do not believe it would be in the best interests of ANY president, democrat or republican, to pursue any perceived criminal charges against a predecessor. It would leave him open to the same if the other party wins in 4 or 8 years. You'll see nothing come of this. It was all just lip service from a wanna be veep.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'll be surpised if there is not an attack on the us before the elections so bush stays in office as His dad would have him a they push hard for NWO and once martial law is declared they will round up americans justas they did Jews in 1938 in Germany and Russia and millions will die in these Fema concentration camps dottied thru out the US I have been told from above of this sterrible thing almost 2 years ago it has been 7 years since their last attack on us 70 years since the murdering on a massive scale other than our attacking other countires

Do not go to one of the comps when marshall law is imposed go to Addison Ky hwy 144 Stephensport this is a special place of protection and our Heavenly Father will protect us from tyhe firey winds that will soon blow acrossed this land the baptism of fire is not far off please prepare your hearts

Day of the Pentecost
Seek Jesus and Fear Not
Baptism of Fire
Last Call to Repentance

Friends we do have BIG Trouble~ Blowing~~ in the Wind~~~

have you seen the new double decker train cars fitted with shackles and benches that will run people thru the process centers after marshall law is delclared

Realize our gov is the same evil Tyrants who go about conquering and conquering , for they came here to Virginia stole the land and stillhave Tyrants on their flag.. vote not for any of them, the people lost control of the gov they appointed thru the making of laws to protect them from laws yea a mess Everyone knows Tyrants are bad thats easy they brought the money system to the people Father placed on this soil slaughtered many many and claim Columbus discovered America God forbid

How do you discover land people live on thats like me finding your car in the driveway and taking hey I found this :8) Columbus founded nothing inm the US but his own ego The people Father placed on this land lived as trees by the stream of life literally and spiritually ..those claiming Christianity that came lived like the devil always killing others so that they rule their way Christians killing women in Salem for thought they were the devil, who killed who?

Regardless pay attention as we know Holy Scriptrues is truth and Tyrants are bad they still rule the people here for a little while longer than many nations will; attack us and kick the bully off the block, for the woman is chased into the wilderness, yea we will go into the wilderness once more as we wait for our Saviors arrival AHO AMEN E-MENV <

Peace & Blessings

Stephen
t Whiterock t

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Now with the pressure mounting on Bush, and the courts demanding to see records and documents regarding the last four years, is the administration worried?

I mean, I'm sure Bush will pardon all the criminals in his cabinet... but I don't think a president can pardon himself...

Bush has a holecard -- remember the missing nuke?

Once Bush is out of office, I bet all the fuss goes quietly away. It'll disappear from the news and people will act like it never happened.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sorry but I am gonna cry BS on this one.

This is nothing more than an empty campaign promise. A perfect example of telling voters what they want to hear. The case against this administration has been laid out several times and no one has done a damn thing about it. If Biden and Obama were truly that concerned with the crimes committed by this administration, then they would have been right beside Dennis Kuchinch and supporting his articles for impeachment.

When are people going to finally wake the hell up and see things for what they really are?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don't have much hope this will happen, but it's been a dream of mine for a while now to see that whole bunch - Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, Gonzales, etc... the works, doing the "perp walk" - handcuffed, with a grim Federal Marshal holding each by the upper arm... That would make my decade.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thats about as likely to happen as us all getting a million dollars sent to us,nice dream but not going to happen,just more rhetoric IMO

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This will not happen, there will be no Marshall law. Life will go on as per usual. If there is some behind the scenes NWO action, Bush, Obama and Mccain are all in the script. They will not hurt one another. So all the more reason for nothing to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I mean, I'm sure Bush will pardon all the criminals in his cabinet... but I don't think a president can pardon himself... (or Nixon would have done it
)

No but Bush could resign and Cheney could pardon him once he is sworn in. So Bush pardons Cheney and steps down, Cheney becomes president and pardons Bush. Hmm...

Cheney could be president for a day
. If I was them I would do this cause there is hell to be paid.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

I mean, I'm sure Bush will pardon all the criminals in his cabinet... but I don't think a president can pardon himself... (or Nixon would have done it
)

No but Bush could resign and Cheney could pardon him once he is sworn in. So Bush pardons Cheney and steps down, Cheney becomes president and pardons Bush. Hmm...

Cheney could be president for a day
. If I was them I would do this cause there is hell to be paid.

Holy CRAP!! That's a scary thought. This would have sounded absolutely nuts 8 years ago but now.......I dunno... Holy Crap is all I can say!!

BTW - You should get a job as a Republican strategist!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

The war crimes people are accusing him of is not going into war.

I think the big issue is Gitmo and authorized torture. The justice department has been investigating into the torture allegations for quite a while now, and then they fired a bunch of people.

That is why there is an investigation ongoing into the whole situation surrounding the termination of those employees...

As unpopular as the war is, it is within the power of the president to deploy the military.

That means all the "Iraq war sucks" people out there, The military engagements we have been a part of over the last 8 years is not considered a war crime.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If this is true why were all of Congress just kissing his a** with the bailout bill. THey hate Georgie but they fall in line with him in bad times!! They are all corrupt pieces of garbage in my book. Prosecute my a**!!!!! You know that it's all BS. They can't prosecute him because they are all dirty themselves!!! WHen people start realizing this maybe things WILL start to change.

Have a nice day!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I hope everyone does what I'm doing...

I'm voting against the officials that signed the bill regardless of party lines.

I think the bailout bill was the biggest violation of trust that could possibly happen. We elected these guys into office, expecting them to do what is best for us, and they expressly did the opposite...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join