It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest 'chemtrail' (fighter jet)picture EVER! What do you think ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
[im]http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk361/asmeone/Weirdthing11-1-08.jpg[im]

Check that out ATS.

Sorry that it's a big picture, but I don't like to edit my anomalous pictures at all.

I put 'chemtrail' in quotations because I'm not sure this is a chemtrail in the classical sense.

There are actually 6 trails, it looks like one has been cropped out.

I saw these when I went to let my dogs out to chase a tree rat. I went inside to get the camera and take a picture. The trails were much longer when they first appeared.

At first I thought it was a formation of fighter jets. I keep a pair of high-power binoculars near the back door that I normally use to look at birds of prey. I could not see any planes at all, and they do not appear on the picture, either.

I pointed this out to my dad, who was nearby, and he thought that it was a meteor breaking up whilst reentering the atmosphere. That is a worthy theory except these things stayed in formation for the entire time that they ere in the sky--I would surmise that they would all be pointed away from each other as they moved out from a central point.

Any input on this would be appreciated!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here is most of the picture to make things easier for everyone:

I havn't seen anything like that before, but i'm no expert.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by cancerian42]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Thanks so much for fixing that. I was going to have to grovel for mod help.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting looking. Don't really have an opinion though, this is all new to me.

Slightly off topic, but just a forewarning, you should make the OTHER stuff in your photobucket private if you don't want people to see it. Not saying you don't, but I mean, I now know what you look like so if I just happened to work for the government and was scouting subversive people who know too much...well you get the idea.

But don't worry, I'm not.

And you don't look half bad, so I still may just hunt you down.

JUST KIDDING about stalking you. I'm creepy but not THAT creepy...
Plus who's got the money these days to venture cross country to stalk people.

Anyway I hope someone on here who's knowledgeable can shed some light, I'm really interested in this stuff. It's new to me. I haven't noticed any in my town in S.FL, but then again how often am I looking to the sky?
More often than not, lately.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aberinkula

Thanks for your imput. I am very careful with what I put on the internet. I don't even put private, private stuff up there, what's in my Photobucket is intended for public viewing in one capacity or another.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Woah. and what the heck is that thing on your avatar sposed to be?

second line!

34th line XD

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hi! I don't think these are chemtrails. A chemtrail lingers and expands.

Maybe the jets were too high of an altitude to see? It really does look like jets in formation. If its pieces of a meteor, they sure are lined up really straight!

Maybe others will chime in, sorry I don't have any other ideas.

If it is jets, I wonder what they were doing?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i see planes.
can someone tell me what i'm missing here? (don't know squat about chemtrails)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I thought they might have been fighter jets, but I've lived around air force bases, and I'd never seen one leave that much of a trail without being visible.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Contrails linger and expand. They're called persistant contrails.

As for your picture the most likely explanation is a refueling track. Three tankers, three receivers. Most likely three bombers or cargo birds. Bombers usually fly in groups called cells, so that's more likely than cargo birds. They're most likely either transiting somewhere, or flying in an exercise.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
i see planes.
can someone tell me what i'm missing here? (don't know squat about chemtrails)

What I meant in my OP was that when I looked onto the bottom of the trails, I could not see any planes.

I was looking through Tasco 7X35 binoculars. I can see planes quite clearly through these that look like dots to the moving eye, but they did not show up at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ah, thanks, I never thought of that, but see my other posts about not seeing the airplanes.

Edit: I should also add, that they never lined up one behind the other, as I would assume that refulers would have to do.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

I thought they might have been fighter jets, but I've lived around air force bases, and I'd never seen one leave that much of a trail without being visible.

I have lived on Air Force bases for 5 years and have seen it often.

The photo looks like jets flying in formation and those are the CONtrails.

Also CONtrails do spread and linger for long periods of time. Living in Alaska, you see this often - especially in winter.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by asmeone2

I have lived on Air Force bases for 5 years and have seen it often.

The photo looks like jets flying in formation and those are the CONtrails.

Also CONtrails to spread and linger.

Ah okay... then it seems more and more like my initial feeling was correct... which is only mildly comforting!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

They would have been in pre-precontact position if they were going to refuel in this picture. That's when they're doing all their checks to ensure the boom is working right, and the fuel system on the receiver works. They don't line up until precontact so that if something goes really wrong, say the boom decides to separate from the tanker, it doesn't hit the receiver.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by asmeone2

They would have been in pre-precontact position if they were going to refuel in this picture. That's when they're doing all their checks to ensure the boom is working right, and the fuel system on the receiver works. They don't line up until precontact so that if something goes really wrong, say the boom decides to separate from the tanker, it doesn't hit the receiver.

So do they have a way to turn that exhaust off, so it doesn't interfere with the jets in back?

I'll admit my only knowledge of this comes from The Hunt For Red October.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They do in fighters, but it's not really a problem for the receiver because they're actually below the tanker, and lined up under the center of the fuselage. The contrails are out to either side.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
They do in fighters, but it's not really a problem for the receiver because they're actually below the tanker, and lined up under the center of the fuselage. The contrails are out to either side.

Okay. Very interesting, and thank you, I am going to change the title to reflect your answers.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Um. No. They cannot turn off the exhaust without shutting down the engine(s).

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Um. No. They cannot turn off the exhaust without shutting down the engine(s).

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Phage]

I meant, could they change the function of the engine--slow it down or something--thereby reducing the "contrail" effect.

<<   2 >>

join