It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Obama: "...they support him, but they like me."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well I hate to disagree. But I believe that the concept of change is merely being used here in the political campaign sense. If there is one thing we have seen in the past couple of decades (if not more) is that the government does whatever serves its own interests; and public sentiment or well-being are FAR from their first priority.

Their efforts are to sustain the status quo - which is working out well for them.

Everything else is incidental.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well I guess we will all see soon because I believe the changes Obama talks about will soon begin to emerge after he becomes President next Tuesday. I do believe he has our best interests in mind and hopefully will walk the talk. I remain hopeful.

Ron Paul seems to remain hopeful as well. All is not lost yet... we will not give up yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I was born and raised in that Ivy League crap and lived much of my life right smack in the middle of it. I fled and never looked back.

That's funny because I was raised in that rural american crap. Small economically depressed timber community. I always wondered why so many of those folks voted republican when they lived in "double wides" and drove beat up old cameros and monte carlos. My ex-girlfriend was a tough redneck and a good person. Just a simple country girl. I didn't take her long after high school to get married and have a billion kids. Meanwhile I'm dating a bright university student 10 years younger than me and I still go out with friends and clown around. 30 is the new 20.

Cities, any areas with a high population density in general, are horrible places to live. Theyre soul-crushing and enslaving.

Enslaving? You mean full of opportunity? Soul-crushing? You mean culturally enriching? High population density? I'm assuming you mean NY or Chicago or SF? Most US cities aren't that big... You ever been to Tokyo? That is what I call over-crowded!!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join