It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low FLying Lynx Helicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Today at about 3pm GMT I saw a low flying lynx helicopter, it was in green / grey cammo with skids.

Westland Lynx - Wikipedia

So what, you maybe thinking?

1. It was flying below cloud level during a snow storm, I checked with my local civilian airfield and the cloud base was about 290 feet.
2. It was flying following a main road at about only 30mph.
3. It was within 100 meters of an urban area.
4. I have lived in the area for 11 years and I have never seen a lynx before.

I couldn't see the road from where I was so I don't know if the pilot was using it for navigation or if the helicopter was following a vehicle.
There is an RAF base about 20 miles away which is used by special forces but they normally travel in a Chinook which flies high.
I couldn't understand why it was flying so low in the snow.

Did anyone else see it?
Do you think it was significant?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i actually saw of those same aircraft flying extremely low over rt 95 in Boston, ma yesterday at about 10 am and almost made a post about it....weird.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

No, it's not significant. It's just a low-flying helicopter. The pilot might have been lost, might have been looking for people who were lost, might have been doing anything. Don't jump to conclusions.

It's just a helicopter.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Lynx is a utility type helicopter, it could be used for many different types of stuff, the navy use it for many different operations, perhaps just a routine practice drill or training run.

new topics

top topics

join