It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buying medicine in bulk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Is it possible, and LEGAL, to purchase medicine or at least some types of medicine in bulk? Not asprin and that stuff, but like prescription medicine that you take on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lardo5150

I know there are limitations on certain over-the-counter medicines, in the interest of hindering meth production, and so I'd imagine that prescription drugs might have the same thing, especially painkillers and anti-anxiety meds.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
Is it possible, and LEGAL, to purchase medicine or at least some types of medicine in bulk? Not asprin and that stuff, but like prescription medicine that you take on a daily basis.

No you cant at least here in the usa. I tried ;because I take meds for epilepsy due to a head injury when I was about 5. The fact of the economy here doesnt seem to matter and they are actually putting limits on how many of my pills i can pick up now. I used to get 100-120 at a time and now they arent allowed to give me more than 80. They got around it by mailing me the rest. but still ,who is in charge of this new way of handing out meds would be my question.
None of my pills where ever considered to be a controlled substance until about 3 or 4 months ago. These are pills I have taken all my life and now they are a controlled substance?( I am 37 by the way)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In the UK there are many wholesale traders that would be happy to supply bulk medical drugs. But you need lisences to obtain certain types.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

No you cant at least here in the usa. I tried ;because I take meds for epilepsy due to a head injury when I was about 5. The fact of the economy here doesnt seem to matter and they are actually putting limits on how many of my pills i can pick up now. I used to get 100-120 at a time and now they arent allowed to give me more than 80. They got around it by mailing me the rest. but still ,who is in charge of this new way of handing out meds would be my question.
None of my pills where ever considered to be a controlled substance until about 3 or 4 months ago. These are pills I have taken all my life and now they are a controlled substance?( I am 37 by the way)

I am the say way, but with warafrin (blood thinners for DVT's).
I might even just ask my doctor, I am sure the answer is no, but man it would be nice to be able to by larger supplies for the "oh crap" period

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Can a person purchase antibiotics online?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yes, it's possible and legal and I have done it. I have a seizure condition and I asked my doctor to write me a Rx for a year and he did. I explained to him that the economy has me very concerned and I'm not sure I'll be able to get my medicine if there's some kind of crash. I have my regular monthly Rx, which I'm continuing to fill every month, but I also have a years' worth in "stock".

It depends on your relationship with you doctor and his/her decision on such things because he has to write it as a full year's Rx. I also had to pay for it myself, so it was spendy.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Can I ask what your planning OP? are you wanting to buy bulk drug supplies?

Just curious

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know that here in California my Dr said the longest he could give a prescription for is 6 weeks,but could be my meds too

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I know that here in California my Dr said the longest he could give a prescription for is 6 weeks,but could be my meds too

Maybe check to make sure your doc knows what you are trying to do... we had the same problem - the doc thought we wanted a year, paid for by insurance. That generally won't fly. Once we made it clear we planned to pay for it, then it was not an issue, and went through with little fuss.

top topics

join