It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Poverty Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just want to open the floor of discussion here. What do you think of the global poverty bill (authored largely by Obama)

www.govtrack.us...

Personally I think we have enough problems at home and need to repair them before trying to fix the world.

Discuss.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Negative. This needs to go by the wayside.
No more money overseas!
They hate us anyway.
We send enough money overseas already!
There is no control of whereit gets used and it ends up buying weapons and machettes for little evil warlords.

Obama needs to stop trying to spend all our hard earned money on his radical crappy ideas!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

I agree with you with every fiber of my being.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I completely agree, focus on ourselves before others. Anyways, where would the logic be in that? "This country and this country hates us. So lets make sure they don't starve!" If we feed everyone else so much, then shouldn't they like us a bit more? I do have one question though..How would other countries react if we stopped giving them food and provisions?
Hmmmmm..

[edit on 28-10-2008 by OogieNoogie]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Obama needs to stop trying to spend all our hard earned money on his radical crappy ideas

lol

Because spending your hard earned money to wage war is much much better.

Oh wait, now you can spend your hard earned money to make sure the rich bankers get their soft landings.

As a species humanity has failed dismally to get their priorities in order.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Heres a thread I started back in the summer about this folly!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Zindo

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I disagree with wars and I disagree with golden parachutes.
What gives you the idea that I agree with those two?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My biggest problem is the money going to the UN to dish out. If we as a nation are willing to help out the poor people of the world, I prefer the US do it directly or in conjunction with US charity organizations.

Why should the UN get the credit for the US contributions?

Also, the UN has already proven several times that they are an inept organization when it comes to global issues.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This law would give the UN powers over our rights and our constitution. It is giving everything over to the 'One Worlders" and the absolute crooks running this renegade organization called "The United Nations"! Its not a poverty act. Its the usurping of the US government. The poverty part is the smoke and mirrors used to destroy the US as a sovereign nation. Read the whole thing and the referances to other laws and UN edicts that must be complied with if this is passed by our government.

Zindo

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Fair enough - It's just that as a society we often decry "helping the poor" hell it's generally their own fault right? No one wants to talk about the elephant in the room which is helping the the corporations under the guise of trickle down economies or invading sovereign nations under the guise of spreading Democracy.

But then again what do I know? I'm just a commie feminist America hater. *grins*

new topics

top topics

join