It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This will go down in history as....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right place or not but i have a question to pose to everyone.

when something dramatic happens, people often say, "this will go down in history as..." blah blah blah, you know how it works.

anyway, my question that i want to pose to everyone is this

will the history of things going on right now in our world be recorded correctly for future generations?

we have so much crap and out and out lies spreading the truth and reality far too thin. part of the problem is a lack of understanding and part of it is the speed at which we can all, every single one of us, write our own version of what happened and post it right up for all the world to see.

now i'm not saying that the internet is bad or anything like that, i'm just trying to get to the heart of the matter.

in the future, in the history books of our children, our childrens children and so on, will our current events be properly recorded?

it seems that accountability is a rare animal and history always likes to put names to the events and dates.

will the bank bailout and all the financial stuff going on now be one day put in the books and if so, will it read something like this; "and in 2008 a bunch of stuff happened and through no fault of anyone anywhere, the entire economy crapped on itself." that could go for any other major event where everyone points fingers but no one will accept any blame.

i mean i sort of took some liberty with the wording there but i think you get what i'm trying to say

thoughts?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
As it's been said before, 'whoever wins writes the history books'

No matter the outcome in the future, it WILL undergo revisionism to place the 'winners' in the best light possible.

No one likes their failures documented.

This crash will probably be declared 'natural' and likened to the fall of the Roman Empire as an inevitable conclusion.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think the proper recording of events is going to depend hugely on one thing: The Internet.

If the Internet is still going strong, then the truth will always be out there, waiting for intelligent people to sort through the propaganda and discover it for themselves.

I'm sure that there will even be vast improvements in the internet by the time this era is ready to be written into the books... Among these, I would hope there is a mass storage device that will record vast cross sections of internet blogging etc. This will also preserve our present day culture and viewpoints more completely than has ever been accomplished in history.

However, without the internet, the history books will be left to be written/manipulated by the elite. And future generations will never fully know the truth.

new topics

join