It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Signs- What does this mean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't usually offer many words on something I dont understand, but I feel like this means something. I just took a front page screen grab of a Ggle search on "McCain Signs". I have been hearing this and without casting generalizations, there appears to be many physically voilent attacks on Home-town american property. What kind of "Change" are we talking about if this is the way the new "Change" chooses to express itself?

[edit on 24-10-2008 by jaywoo]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Utter madness ... I hope everyone does realize here very soon.. the poop WILL hit the fan ...

Rep vs Dem anyone?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
People have been tearing down McCain signs in my town for weeks now. There has also been some home vandalism because of McCain signs, with things such as "racist" being spray painted on homes and cars.

Of course, the libs tell me I'm only "fear mongering".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
To Be fair I did the same search on "Obama Sign" and found plenty of theft but not one incident of violence. I did not click onto page two of either searches.

-Just noticing.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And let's not forget this... Apparently It was due to a McCain Bumper sticker.

Hoax Status YTBD...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaywoo
To Be fair I did the same search on "Obama Sign" and found plenty of theft but not one incident of violence. I did not click onto page two of either searches.

-Just noticing.

How about a bear cub shot in the head with an Obama sign attached to it. Oh I guess since it's not violence against a human it's okay for McCain supporters to kill something.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Last one, This time with link.

Note: These seem to be getting more violent.

www.local6.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

sweet i love sausage

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
Oh I guess since it's not violence against a human it's okay for McCain supporters to kill something.

Really? Because the AP reports it was a prank, and the students involved were not McCain supporters. They also report it was not politically motivated in any way.

Full Article

I guess you can justify this however you want though.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

-Just noticing.

How about a bear cub shot in the head with an Obama sign attached to it. Oh I guess since it's not violence against a human it's okay for McCain supporters to kill something.

Please show us the link. I haven't been digging for those that I have added, they are front page Drg rept.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There was a thread about it. I'm not going to do your work for you. There is a search button.

Not politically motivated? Then why the Obama sign attached to the bear? Sounds like some serious backpeddeling.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

How about a bear cub shot in the head with an Obama sign attached to it.

The bear was already dead - the perps didn't kill the bear.
It's still a sick thing to do - but they didn't kill it.

Originally posted by nyk537
Of course, the libs tell me I'm only "fear mongering".

Yeah It's pretty pathetic when they do that. You report what happens and automatically it's either fear mongering or racism.

As I said yesterday or the day before, we have no yard signs up and I've taken the bumper stickers off my car. We feel it's just a big target for the whacks out there. I was speaking with a fella after mass this morning (yes, we go to daily mass) and he said the same thing. Any political sign - be it Obama or McCain or anyone else, is like a big target painted on your house for this election.

Hoax Status YTBD...

I think it's a hoax. It's also criminal. When it's determined to be a hoax, and I believe it will be, she should be prosecuted. It's also sick. She maimed herself over a politician. She should be prosecuted AND she should get a mental health evaluation.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Then why the Obama sign attached to the bear? Sounds like some serious backpeddeling.

Did you read the AP article, it reports they grabbed signs to stop the bleeding of the bear they found.

Maybe you should be glad the only thing they could find were Obama signs.

And where is the backpedaling? Did these students ever claim that this was political in nature?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
In Reply to Cowgirlstraightup7

Sorry,

Verifying an unverified post is not my work to do. If you had a link posted I would have taken the time to poke it and read your story.

Then I would have found out it was kids goofing around, and the media taking an out of context opportunity to make an erroneous conclusion.

Much as you seem to have done.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by jaywoo]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hoax Status YTBD...

I wouldn't use this as an example quite yet, there are inconsistencies in her story and the police are still trying to figure out if what happened really happened the way she said it. According to a newspaper article...she has changed her story and added a few things that were not there in the original report.
Police: 'Inconsistencies' In Story Of Politically Motivated Attack

"We have learned that the victim's statement has a few inconsistencies in it and her statement has changed," said Richard

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If everyone is so afraid of these radicals doing disgusting things in the name of supporting one candidate or another, you should get yourself a lot of signs for the other side, just to be safe on election day!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree

Hoax Status YTBD...

I wouldn't use this as an example quite yet, there are inconsistencies in her story and the police are still trying to figure out if what happened really happened the way she said it. According to a newspaper article...she has changed her story and added a few things that were not there in the original report.
Police: 'Inconsistencies' In Story Of Politically Motivated Attack

"We have learned that the victim's statement has a few inconsistencies in it and her statement has changed," said Richard

Agreed, and I stated as such one the OP because It sounds hoaxed to me. Should have left it out, as this thread is about Yard Signs.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I drive by a house every day that has Obama signs. For weeks the signs have been getting trashed and the person has been putting up new ones. This last time someone took spray paint and painted an x across the signs, spray painted Nobama on their garage and plastered all the cars in the drive with McCain stickers.

Both sides are equally shady. And they both deserve to lose the election. Vote third party and show these bastards we want REAL change...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by somedood
I drive by a house every day that has Obama signs. For weeks the signs have been getting trashed and the person has been putting up new ones. This last time someone took spray paint and painted an x across the signs, spray painted Nobama on their garage and plastered all the cars in the drive with McCain stickers.

Both sides are equally shady. And they both deserve to lose the election. Vote third party and show these bastards we want REAL change...

This does sound quite extreme. It should be reperted somewhere for all to see. Why is it not? along with all the other acts that have happened because "both sides do it"?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In my community, there have been several incidents of McCain signs being pulled up and thrown toward the houses in whose yards they were planted. I haven't heard of any Obama signs being pulled up, nor has there been any mention of it in the local paper(on either side).
No one has tried to bother my signs or my vehicle, and I have McCain stickers all over it.
I do keep my eyes and ears open when I'm out, but that's just normal for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join