It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Supporter attacked and B carved in face [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Just curious on this - do you think she gave herself the black eye too?

How long from the attack was the picture taken? Most bruises take awhile before they color like that. Not sayng its fabricated but take everything into consideration.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xodiac
wow to some of the posts.

Yes.

Especially the ones that claim in a desperate attempt to defend their candidate and/or his supporters that this woman did this to herself.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

To thisguyhere. I really hope your not legaly allowed to vote or in that case drive or be anywhere around children. "B for Bush" dude he's on his way out of office(thank god or allah or whatever higher power you praise). Did it ever occur to you that maybe the "B" was for Barack? Moron!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Just curious on this - do you think she gave herself the black eye too?

Apparently, you have made the assumption that I was trying to say it was fake. I was not. I was saying that if someone carved a B in her face and she took the picture in the mirror, it would APPEAR to be backward. I was actually defending her.

HOWEVER, as I was just making dinner, it occurred to me... Did she just lie there while a man carefully scratched a PERFECT B into her face. Was she frightened, crying, shaking? That is one perfect letter.

She refused hospital treatment...

And her bruise is fully colored...

She works for the McCain campaign.

I'm sorry, I am all of a sudden quite suspicious of this girl's story. I'm not saying it's a sham, I'm just suspicious.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
why does that letter look backwards? like someone did it while looking at their reflection. the report also states she refused medical treatment. why?
if this is true, the a**hole should be punished accordingly.
but, if this proves to be a fabrication/stunt to create controversy, then the young lady should be punished.

OMG you are smart! I was wondering why it looked like and "E" so why would the supposed mugger carve it backwards? The supposed mugger would have to be above her head so she may have been on the ground but sitting still for it? There must have been two muggers but I guess he could have held her down with one hand on her face while he carved the "B".

[edit on 10/23/08 by stikkinikki]

ahhh- black eye - didn't think about that. HMMMMM............

[edit on 10/23/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
How long from the attack was the picture taken? Most bruises take awhile before they color like that. Not sayng its fabricated but take everything into consideration.

I tried to do a bit more research ..and my result is "Its hard to know" on exactly how long afterward the photo was taken

Source of all below this article from the Pittsburgh Trib.Pitts Trib

Here is what I'm basing my "its hard to know" regarding photo timing on..

Todd, who isn't familiar with the area, drove to a friend's house nearby and told her friend she wasn't sure of the exact location where the robbery took place but remembered a green sign above the ATM. The friend called police and the officer met them on Cypress Street in Bloomfield, police said.

Todd's friend offered to drive her back in the direction she came from to look at ATMs until she found the right one, police said. A police officer followed until Todd pointed out a Citizens Bank ATM at Liberty and Pearl, police said.

She declined medical treatment at the scene and said she would go to a hospital today.

So the pic could have been taken right after, a some hours after, or even the next day - depending on if she took it, friend took it, cops took it, reporters took it or hospital took it.

As far as it beling linked to her McCain stickers the article does state..

The man became very angry, made comments to Todd about John McCain and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground, police said.

""He continued to kick and punch her repeatedly and said he would teach her a lesson for supporting John McCain," said police Chief Nate Harper..

The article also does give the statement by the Obama campaign expressing their sympathy and good wishes toward the woman.

Democrat Barack Obama's campaign released a statement saying: “Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

This is my 1st ever post, and id like to say this is completely ridicules - You are basically blaming Obama of this...

This is where the phrase "Cant judge 1 for a whole" comes into act

I see allot of stuff nowadays trying to jeopardize both parties, very silly stuff to be honest that seems abit low. Didnt think ATS had members like this

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Oh, the Irony of having to say this but:

Please attack the topic, and not each other!!!!!

Topic is "McCain supporter attacked and B carved in face"
YEA?

HOW'D YOU LIKE YOUR FACE CARVED?????

You know i love ya. I just had to play with you. [[[[
]]]]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I'm just reading she may have taken the pic herself which would make sense as I'm sure the police would not release an evidence photo of a victim. So it could have been taken some time after the attack.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Apparently, you have made the assumption that I was trying to say it was fake. I was not.

Sorry BH - I did realize that. I had meant to just grab the amaxa qoute that you qouted. I was responding to him.

But - my wife was calling that dinner was ready and I was posting quickly to get in to dinner before rasing her ire. I had your post open and got your reply instead of amaxa's post when I hit quote.

My appologies for the sloppy qoute copy. I will go back and edit - as I did not mean to get your reply in that text I quoted as I realized what you saying.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaxa
Check out the photo.

The lady did this to herself, using a mirror. The B is backwards.

wjnoblog.com...

This is a fraudulent event. No ATM camera, and the lady refused medical treatment. This is a phony, staged event.
[edit on 23-10-2008 by amaxa]

[edit on 23-10-2008 by amaxa]

Ah, I thought the photo on the link was reversed...here's to trusting experience and perception, eh?

Refused treatment for a black eye and a red area...why would that require treatment, I mean beyond maybe a cursory glance from a medially trained nurse or something... Can't wait for more news about this!

EDIT : That looks an awful lot like makeup and not an injury...

[edit on 23-10-2008 by SolarSeaman]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Two things.. the woman also has a black eye. Also the "B" being backwards means nothing if he decked the women and the leaned over and scratched the "B" on her just because he could. The "B" is not carved but sratched on her face with something. So I believe her story.

Secondly.. if it turns out that a black man did it, Obama can say goodbye to his chances of getting the whitehouse because of the anger it will instill on all those borderline white people. It will only intensify the "Bradly effect" even more than it will be already. This will connect the dots between Obama and Reverend Wright and Ayers.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Propaganda spread by McCain To Lure voters to vote for himself.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why would a mugger give a hoot about a bumper sticker he noticed on a car AFTER he just robbed a person and most likely just has one thing on his mind, getting the hell out of there?

The first thing I thought as well Doc.

This claim is highly dubious not simply for the fact she refused medical attention and just decided to "walk off" her mutilation and sleep on it, but the behavior of the attacker is not consistent with a typical mugging.

This man didn't run away with the loot, but instead takes the time to investigate her car and return to the scene to leave a "B" which appears to be upside down on her face? So shes lying on her back on the street as this man walk around to stand at the top of her head, reaches down and carves a perfect "B" on her face?

No scratches, or shakiness, this man had the steady hand of a surgeon!!

Hmmm....

"Politically Motivated" Mutilation - Real or Hoax?

Pittsburgh law enforcement sources tell TMZ they have serious questions about the authenticity of the alleged victim who says she had her face cut by a politically-motivated attacker. TMZ.com

I think that is the right way to look at this. If it's a hoax, she's in for some trouble.
Look at the photo...her black eye isn't swollen, no burst or inflamed capillaries.

Nothing.

Is this for real, or should we be wondering where the "S" is?

- Lee

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarSeaman
EDIT : That looks an awful lot like makeup and not an injury...

The white of her eye is perfectly clear, no broken blood vessels, no swelling or puffiness... no redness around the eye... Just, well... black, like a woman would have in her make-up case...

And I can't help thinking how I would respond if someone were holding a knife to my face... Would I lie there still while he scratched a perfect letter in my cheek as if I were getting a tattoo? Or would I be shaking, crying, pulling away? Begging? Would I be thinking, "I know he's going to be done carving this letter soon, so I'll just hold real still until he's done"...

Would HE take the time to make a grade-school perfect letter? Making absolutely certain not to draw blood? Think about the control that would take.

Look, some people will defend "their guy" no matter what and some will go after "the other guy" no matter what, but I'd like to remind us all that we are on a conspiracy site and invite you to think CRITICALLY about this situation. Let's just find out the truth, without regard to what it all MEANS.

Just an idea.

Originally posted by Fromabove
Secondly.. if it turns out that a black man did it, Obama can say goodbye to his chances of getting the whitehouse

EXACTLY! It's a perfect story isn't it? Thank you!

No Problem, Frogs!

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hell I have a McCain/Palin sticker...Wish they would try that on me
As a side thing, I dont believe the story. The "B" on her cheek was not made with a knife.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

you live in a world that is not my own
i've created a different place inside myself
i don't need the things that i cling to
i need to sing to myself and remember
i've let go of my hand and disbanded my psyche
i might be the slightly tyrant who quickly became violent
this silent knight is so holy as a man i simply realize my folly

come together
right now
over me

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Of course this attack was a detestable act, but the McCain campaign has actively sought by design to fuel this hatred and religious/racial tension in all the rallies and ads. Why do you think that Palin has consistently appeared to only those areas of strong base support (the "true" America @
and sought to raise so much radical fervor? To get more voters there? No, it is because they want to create so much tension that when the common "Joe or Jane" goes voting at the polls, they will say, "hmm, there is too much risk in voting for a black man with all this friction so we had better play it safe and vote for grandpa." However, I reiterate that it is by design of the McCain-Palin campaign to raise this tension for that purpose!

[edit on 23-10-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have to tell you, that after reading the story that was my first thought, that the B was for bush.

or, Baxter, Buddy, Buba, or anything else, when a person attacks another and leave a mark usually is a trade mark of the perpetrator on the victim and the means of the mark is usually personal.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let us suppose that it was all made up. The damage is done. Now every time they look at Barack Obama, they'll saee the stereotypical "black man" and that will turn off many white voters. Up to this point,metion of Obama's race has been taboo. But not now, now everyone has to admit that Obama is a "black man" and decide what that means for them.

What bothers me is that everyone wants to ignore that Obama is black as if that were some crime or something. Let me say it here. Yes, Obama is a black man. He's African-american. Don't be afraid to say it. The problem of the whole race issue is the pretending. I have friends who are black. They know that I as a white person find that to be a unique part of them. I don't want them to feel bad to be a certain race. I am white, but I never feel any race guilt round black people. I assume they have feelings as I do. I never owned any slaves, nor did I do any harm to any black person. I know myself. If people would just settle to accept that each of us are different, unigue, and complimentry to one another we would be a lot happier.

But racial suspicion runs deep in a lot of people. And I have always believed that there will be at least a 25% Bradly effect in this election. But if this story is true, or at least believed by some, I can be certain there will be at least a 25% "change" in the polls to McCains favor come election day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join