It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's First Global Peace Intention Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

(NaturalNews) What happens when 12 000 people send their intention for peace at the same time, eight days long, for 10 minutes a day, directed at the same region? Well, according to preliminary results of the first intention experiment directed by Lynn McTaggart, this does have a significant influence on the overall peace levels. A few weeks ago the first global peace intention experiment took place, this was part of the largest mind-over-matter experiments in history.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.naturalnews.com...

McTaggart has had success with collective thought experiments before, including those during 2006-2007 that demonstrated; increased seed growth, change of basic properties of leaves, change of basic properties of water and change in physical properties of both plants and humans.

Her success has continued on into 2008 with a new experiment that just concluded. It's participants, 11,000 plus strong, we're gathered on the internet for 10 minutes a day, lasting 8 days long. They focused their thoughts on creating peace in the Wanni region in Sri Lanka, an area that has been devastated by civil war for 25 years and has the most suicide bombings than any region in the world.

Focusing on peace in the region, the results were surprising to say the least:

Before the intention study, the Wanni Region has averaged 102 deaths per week. Strangely enough, according to Lynn McTaggart, the intentions had the initial effect of increasing violence. Since there was a last surge of attacks by the Sri Lankan government, who wanted to quash the Tamil Tiger rebels once and for all. This brought on 461 murders in the eight days of the experiment, which is a great increase. Luckily, the data does not end here...

In the 24 days following the experiment, violence levels immediately plunged down and stayed low ever since. The weekly average death rate in the Wanni region dropped by
49 per cent!

It will be interesting to see what the long term effect will be. I've been reading the threads here in the Psychology forum but that's about it. I usually don't contribute because the posts in this forum are so in depth and intellectually stimulating, I feel no need to add to them. Instead, I decide to take it all in.

This article, however, caused me to break from the norm. I believe that Group Intention can be very powerful. It's just a feeling really. What do you guys think? Does this have any connection with Law of Attraction? What do you think of Lynne McTaggart?

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!

-Dev

Edit: Spelling and Quotations

[edit on 22-10-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I totally believe in this stuff! It would be interesting to focus on a different region each month and notethe comparisons. It might even be fun to try it here on ATS!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Don't believe in it one bit personally. The stats aren't consistent and I see nothing of proof.

During the experiments the most murders took place during a time in which the rebels were turning up their attacks, it just goes to show that silent thoughts don't control the actions of others, then AFTERWARD the death toll decreased. Well, I'd assume that to be the case. Usually and sometimes after a large offensive where many people die, things immediately slow down so that both sides can calculate losses and the outcome of battles and then make more strategies accordingly.

I'm sorry religion, your days are over. No more prayer and no more wishful thinking. It's time to be responsible and fully aware of reality. No more fairy tale crap. You will not stop a murderer through your praying or focuses, the only way a determined murderer will be stopped is through bodily force and/or capture.

I do understand the motive of this experiment and its data. To get us all to think positively, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you view choice as positive or negative, not everyone will and not everyone does regardless of what the data shows.

We don't need positive thought experiments, all we really need to do is not murder one another, not steal from one another, treat each other as we'd like to be treated, every person is different so get to know what they like and/or dislike and respect it as best as you can.

We all know how to make the world a peaceful place and thinking positive can certainly make the subject feel good, but it won't make the murderer go away until the murderer thinks positive itself and that isn't brought about through silent wishful thinking of others.

These people are deranged and living in a false reality.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It totally works, and there is proof. I will try to explain this the best way I can. It has been proven that thoughts transcend time and space. The collective consciousness of a group of people resonates a field of energy that can be either positive or negative depending on the mindset of the group as a whole. I'm sure many of you have had the experience of walking into a room full of people and feeling the energy level present in that space. This is because there is an invisible field of energy that resonates when a group of people gather together in a particular space. This field although invisible is detectable by us as humans and the effect of this field is also felt in nature. It is this field that causes a reaction from us as individuals, as a group, but also from nature as well.

Think about the collective consciousness of say a group of people that live in a violent cities like Detroit. There tends to be so much negative energy that exists that this negativity is expressed in both thought and action. The more concentrated the negative thoughts are, the greater the negative field of energy is, and thus results in expressions of negative actions and experience within an entire community. This would have a negative impact on nature, individuals and groups.

In the mind, when a person is having negative thoughts and under stress, the pre-frontal cortex, the area of the brain responsible for decision making, judgment, moral reasoning, memory and sense of self, either shuts off completely, or weakens to the point where people are simply reacting instead of thinking. This is how the brain works. When your awareness feels a stressful situation, it signals to the brain, the Flight or Flight response that changes the way you think and you may react more defensively when in a negative environment. This natural reaction that takes place on an individual level, also takes place on a collective level as well.

We have to keep in mind that our thoughts transcend time and space. Our thoughts can be felt throughout nature. In Science, the rule is: Every action leads to an equal and opposite reaction. Our thoughts work in the same way. I know you've heard this before: The law of attraction. Our minds and thoughts are not exempt from the law of attraction. We manifest what we think subconsciously.

The Global Peace experiment would work. The greater or more positive the collective consciousness of an entire group of people, the greater the positive effect it has on their immediate surroundings.

I'm a student at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, IA. We have hundreds of meditators that come together to meditate for the sake of peace everyday and the impact of this meditation is tremendous. There is virtually no crime rate. The effect of meditation, Transcendental Meditation in particular, has been proven and scientifically tested to be effective at maintaining peace by increasing coherence in the brain during meditation. Effect of this meditation, better known as the Maharishi Effect (you can google Maharishi Effect) is felt throughout the community which helps to maintain balance and positivity in the community. The more people that mediate, the greater the collective coherence, the greater the field of positivity that resonates, and the greater the level of balance and equilibrium that will maintain peace and dissolve violence.

I hope this information helps.

Respectfully,

Dr. K.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'll tell you what. If I was a world leader and this is what I had the populace believing, I'd laugh in their faces as they sat with their legs crossed and hummed while I took over countries, murdered innocents and blatantly lied.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Ignorance Is Bliss in your world

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If so then you must be happy in my world. So either you're saying that you're depressed and unhappy because ignorance is bliss and you KNOW implying that knowledge must be sad, or you are happy because of your ignorance.

Before I get ahead of myself let me ask you. Are you happy or sad, Mr Knowledge?

Read my last post again and if you keep up with world events you'd understand. I'll give you a hint: China.

Thoughts: Legs crossed + humming + imaginary fantasy lands - intelligence + faith vs. Reality: guns + mind control + physical domination + intelligence + coordination = Thoughts 0, Reality 1.

Prayer has been around for a long time, Mr Knowledge, and still things have never changed. I don't know what world you live in.

Physical reality controls your prayers, your prayers alone have no effect on achieving a desired change of physical reality. Only physical reality can interact with physical reality.

GET IT DONE.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You must be from Detroit. Of course, when you live in an area where there is always negativity and violence, the stress clouds your mind and never allows you to think. You only react, which is what you're doing in your ridiculous responses. Don't be sad or mad. Get Glad.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
You must be from Detroit.

Wrong.

Of course, when you live in an area where there is always negativity and violence, the stress clouds your mind and never allows you to think.

Irrelevant since I'm not from Detroit.

You only react, which is what you're doing in your ridiculous responses. Don't be sad or mad. Get Glad.

Empty insults followed by presumptuous and ignorant assumptions.

I've never stated whether I'm mad or sad, nor whether I'm glad. I also didn't mention where I'm from.

Hello Mr Knowledge (that only reacts and supposes through assumptions and presumptions), there is a reality of truth awaiting you, please ask questions, be patient and open your eyes to your world.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Let's stick to the topic guys.

Last......The data doesn't add up for you? Yes, people will ultimately decide their own intentions, but, we're talking about an experiment involving 11,000+ people. People that volunteered their time. I thinks safe to say the majority did as was outlined and described.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You don't understand, do you? None of you do? You keep looking for a way out so that you don't have to sacrifice your lives for a better world.

I don't care if you sit 6 billion people around me and they all think about love, if my mind is set on murdering someone I'm going to do it! I'll pull out my gun and start shooting every single one of you until you get off your ass and tackle me.

Was that blunt enough of an explanation?

[edit on 25-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
You don't understand, do you? None of you do? You keep looking for a way out so that you don't have to sacrifice your lives for a better world.

With all do respect, life is a matter of time. Taking out time from one's life isn't a sacrifice? I have to disagree, whether I agree with the methods or not. As I see it, just exactly what they are hoping to do is sacrifice a little of their lives to make a better world.

I don't care if you sit 6 billion people around me and they all think about love, if my mind is set on murdering someone I'm going to do it!

But would you be thinking of murdering someone? I believe that's the point of the intent.

I do agree that positive thinking is only a part of the process, but it is a process isn't it? Are we be better off thinking hatefully, construing arguments against peace and generally creating discord amongst people who only seek to feel better?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Yes, but it's a cop-out. It will never solve the real issues, if that's the case then take all the guns away from cops and instead give them a building where they can all focus their thoughts for the world 24/7 and that will be the new police force. Meanwhile the thieves, child molesters and murderers will be in Heaven on Earth.

I agree that thinking positively is a good thing for the thinking subject, however, it will not stop the deranged murderer.

And I stated earlier in concurrence with you that all of it will not stop until everyone stops, whereas you can force one person to be a certain way, you cannot force everyone to be a certain way, those few must be dealt with physically.

I actually read this whole experiment and all the comments I've left and the replies to them and then think to myself: wow, what a completely stupid idea this is, and what a bunch of escapist, nutty whack jobs to truly believe this.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I agree with you, to a point, to be sure. Perhaps the energy could be better utilized in a different way. I can say with certainty that positive thinking combined with positive action would create far more immediate results. Although even this may not stop murderous intent. The fact is, nothing humanity has done so far has solved the "real issues", but I don't think arguing about it helps much. Or it hasn't thus far.

I hope you don't think this means though that I'm trying to stifle your opinion. This would only stifle my own. It's counter-productive. Truthfully, I find you intelligent and engaging, if a bit combative. But that isn't a bad thing either. I just wonder if all of us could be using our energy a little more effectively. But then I'm a bit of a "nutty whack job" myself

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
So rather than focusing on the effects AFTER the experiment, let's see what they say about the INITIAL effects.

In simple words, the initial effect of their experiment was that a slaughter got provoked with thought, which in turn caused the reduction of casualties?

Regardless of whether it works or not, doesn't it kind of beat the point?

What if we all go pray for world peace? Maybe we'll ''initially'' go extinct, at least the death toll of humans will become 0 after that.

[edit on 25/10/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Like I've told you many times: I enjoy every conversation with you. You are polite, you make a good argument for your position, and you also do some research. you share about your life and you recognize where you're wrong and where you're right. I personally like conversing with and you make any thread that I partake in a lot more fun and intelligent.

I don't think you're a nutty whack job, or if you are, at least you're not stubborn.
Some just think there's nothing wrong with them and take it to the grave never making a difference in their self or in the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Some just think there's nothing wrong with them and take it to the grave never making a difference in their self or in the world.

This is where the rubber meets the road. We couldn't agree more.

And thanks for being kind. If my sense makes sense to anyone else, I can only say I'm blessed. I only do what I can to try and make sense of the world I've known. That's all I believe any of us need do. And if we can stretch that a little more each day, we're growing, and that's what really matters, as I've seen it.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Peace is nothing more than a day off war. Energize yourself for the next opportunity.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

(NaturalNews) What happens when 12 000 people send their intention for peace at the same time, eight days long, for 10 minutes a day, directed at the same region? Well, according to preliminary results of the first intention experiment directed by Lynn McTaggart, this does have a significant influence on the overall peace levels. A few weeks ago the first global peace intention experiment took place, this was part of the largest mind-over-matter experiments in history.

www.naturalnews.com...

McTaggart has had success with collective thought experiments before, including those during 2006-2007 that demonstrated; increased seed growth, change of basic properties of leaves, change of basic properties of water and change in physical properties of both plants and humans.

Her success has continued on into 2008 with a new experiment that just concluded. It's participants, 11,000 plus strong, we're gathered on the internet for 10 minutes a day, lasting 8 days long. They focused their thoughts on creating peace in the Wanni region in Sri Lanka, an area that has been devastated by civil war for 25 years and has the most suicide bombings than any region in the world.

Focusing on peace in the region, the results were surprising to say the least:

Before the intention study, the Wanni Region has averaged 102 deaths per week. Strangely enough, according to Lynn McTaggart, the intentions had the initial effect of increasing violence. Since there was a last surge of attacks by the Sri Lankan government, who wanted to quash the Tamil Tiger rebels once and for all. This brought on 461 murders in the eight days of the experiment, which is a great increase. Luckily, the data does not end here...

In the 24 days following the experiment, violence levels immediately plunged down and stayed low ever since. The weekly average death rate in the Wanni region dropped by
49 per cent!

It will be interesting to see what the long term effect will be. I've been reading the threads here in the Psychology forum but that's about it. I usually don't contribute because the posts in this forum are so in depth and intellectually stimulating, I feel no need to add to them. Instead, I decide to take it all in.

This article, however, caused me to break from the norm. I believe that Group Intention can be very powerful. It's just a feeling really. What do you guys think? Does this have any connection with Law of Attraction? What do you think of Lynne McTaggart?

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!

-Dev

Edit: Spelling and Quotations

I was a part of this and it is showing some interesting results

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Now that's cool. Can you describe the process or is it exactly as the website described it? Did they disclose any information that the article didn't?

-Dev

top topics

join