It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jumping in... head first..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
greetings,

I've been a lurker for a couple weeks, and decdided it was past due for me to start throwing in my 2 cents -- for whatever they are worth..

I want the truth to come out about our world/civilization/species/institutions as much as everyone here; I just worry that we'll get stuck in the quagmire of 'hovering over our laptops tossing around ideas'.. I"m all for debate, discussion, sharing, etc., but I wonder: what's the next step? where does this lead us? what kind of action can all of us agree upon in terms of really taking action? how can we reach more people in a peaceful way? or is there no peaceful way?

it's obvious that the media is bought and paid for, and penetrating them seems an impossibility; yes, of course, we can all turn off the 'tube'; that's a good start; we can also take radical steps to get out of debt (the best we can anyway), get off the energy grid (when it's possible), inform friends and family (at the risk of ridicule), be rational with the resources we use (which, in most cases, takes major life changes), do our best to stay healthy, fit, and sharp, keep digging, sharing, etc.... but...

...will it be enough? is there really any way to ignite real change in our world? or are we just playing an intellectual game?

so many predictions don't come true, so many well-intentioned people on the same 'side' of the fight tend to fight amongst themselves (the recent and unfortunate arguement between Alex Jones and Peter Joseph comes to mind), so many times we try to speak truth to power and are shot down by the entropy of the mass ignorance -- all these things tend to undermine the progress we are trying to make as a movement..

.. perhaps it's time to ramp things up a bit, although I'm not sure what form that action should take; I look forward to hearing more ideas...

It's good to be aboard..

cheers

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Welcome! I mostly lurk, but there are MANY intelligent well informed people here!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Welcome to the place to be, you seem to have brought the right mood and spirit.

Have fun and take care.

GM

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
*ATS acquires another soul*

Welcome

The next step is for you to decide...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by volitionawareness

Greetings back at ya. Welcome aboard. Truth is a pretty elusive thing wherever you may be. But here at ATS looking for the truth is a bit more exhilirating.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
thanks for the warm welcomes everyone...

I live in a quasi-rural area right between NYC and Philly, and in that regard I feel safer than one might feel inside one of those cities, as those areas will no doubt feel the pangs of our current crises the soonest and the hardest; altoough I do worry about the 'trickle-out' affect -- not to mention the concern that all of our 'dollars' may not be worth anything soon; let alone the possibility that the Fed could switch to an 'Amero' currency and offer the public no exchange for our current earning/savings..

can we really trust that FDIC will protect anything? after all, if there is nothing to protect, what good will they be?

I"m already cutting major corners, just to be safe..

best to all

soundandtruth.blogspot.com...

top topics

join